Jump to content

Historic Boats for sale online


alan_fincher

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, zenataomm said:

ooh ..... tell us more!

How?

When?

Why?

As far as I know it was turning into limehouse but moving a bit quick due to the tide and made contact with the wall, instead of entering the cut. Broke the stem post on impact, others may know more about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BWM said:

As far as I know it was turning into limehouse but moving a bit quick due to the tide and made contact with the wall, instead of entering the cut. Broke the stem post on impact, others may know more about it. 

Probably explains why when the back end use to get low in the water it use to leak. Also explains the big dent that was (might still be) on the counter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, billybobbooth said:

Probably explains why when the back end use to get low in the water it use to leak. Also explains the big dent that was (might still be) on the counter

This damage was at the front, i was told by one of the fellas at Stockton. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a large chunk out of the concrete edge in Limehouse basin on the right after exiting the lock into the basin but I think that was caused by that narrow boat pair which went to the Black sea with the Gardner 2LW in the 90s. Unspoilt by progress or something. Presumably during some sort of manooveer as it looks like a head on strike. 

 

Below the lock coming in from the tidal Thames a lot of boats collide with the wall by the pub but seems unlikely you would hit it at an angle that would damage the stem.

 

Unless you got it badly wrong. 

Edited by magnetman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Paddle said:

I didnt think it would be long, nearly most wooden boats under 10k will be back on sale quickly. To be fair she has been docked by looks and is at least afloat unlike when sold

 

The only one was Kent which sold cheap but had been rebuild mostly, but that went cheap due to engine dead which turned out not to be i did look but was told towy would have to go and I had only just bought her

Edited by billybobbooth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

I didnt think it would be long, nearly most wooden boats under 10k will be back on sale quickly. To be fair she has been docked by looks and is at least afloat unlike when sold

 

The only one was Kent which sold cheap but had been rebuild mostly, but that went cheap due to engine dead which turned out not to be i did look but was told towy would have to go and I had only just bought her

I think she's worth buying if just for .....

" flush toilet port holes"

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

I didnt think it would be long, nearly most wooden boats under 10k will be back on sale quickly. To be fair she has been docked by looks and is at least afloat unlike when sold

 

The only one was Kent which sold cheap but had been rebuild mostly, but that went cheap due to engine dead which turned out not to be i did look but was told towy would have to go and I had only just bought her

Towy for Conway ? no chance 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
How long have you owned the boat for? 1 year
Why are you selling her? Moving ashore

 

The above is in the ad and is an interview with the owners of STARCROSS. Presumably what they really mean is moving somewhere where their feet don't get wet. (I hate to be rude about beautiful old wooden boats, but one has to be realistic.)

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.