Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

What a smashing motor boat for sale here, and in this case the photograph shows the boat from its best angle.

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/display.phtml?aid=485657

As usual the history is nowhere near correct captain.gif

But is it just the back 15 feet of the original boat?

And what happened to the rest?

I think Pete's comment was tongue in cheek.

Might look like this from the outside:

Different0018%20Small_zpsewd4xg6s.jpg

It may have been caught in the mating process. Perhaps we shouldn't be looking.

If I am not mistaken isn't that the cabin from one of the original GJCC "Grafton" dredgers? Certainly the ports match up with some of Milners pictures.

Personally I couldn't say. I took that on the L&L in '88, and (only a guess mind) the impression is of a fibreglass copulating joining with fibreglass.

It surely must be something lightweight, or the bows of the original boat would be way out of the water!

It seems to be defying the laws of physics.

It surely must be something lightweight, or the bows of the original boat would be way out of the water!

It seems to be defying the laws of physics.

Perhaps the paddle wheel is touching the bottom, and rather than move water vital drives the contraption along the canal bed? ☺

It would have worked fine until BW reinstated dredging in the late 70's/early 80's.

Has Mecca been sold? It was not on its usual moorings at Bishops Meadow Loughborough this weekend.

Mecca was on the T&M this week with the for sale sign on the roof still. I'm surprised to hear it has a home mooring in Leicestershire as I've see it in Cheshire quite a few times on and off over the last 2 years.

I wonder i Mecca could set some sort of record for the amount of time it's been openly for sale. It's got to be at least 2 or 3 years now? It would be interesting to know if Pete has a record of when it was first advertised and for how much.

I saw Mecca at Crick not this year but last. I like the look of it, however the price is very challenging.

I THINK (could be wrong) that the price has changed quite a bit, which is why i was curious if Pete had a record of the original asking price.

It would be interesting to know if Pete has a record of when it was first advertised and for how much.

I don't have an exact date of first being publicly advertised, but it was I think late 2014, (possibly October), so I don't think we are at quite at 2 years yet.

The original "asking" was I believe £79,995 or very near offer. I thought this was a very optimistic price at the time, and it seems any potential purchasers must have thought similar.

I don't have an exact date of first being publicly advertised, but it was I think late 2014, (possibly October), so I don't think we are at quite at 2 years yet.

The original "asking" was I believe £79,995 or very near offer. I thought this was a very optimistic price at the time, and it seems any potential purchasers must have thought similar.

Correct on both counts - first advertised October 2014 at £79995, and 06 August 2016 re-advertised but at £64950 with sensible offers considered.

This represents a drop of 19% over 2 years - excluding inflation (which I know is low), moorings, licence and insurance, so with a sensible offer will end up somewhere near the 30% off that I discussed earlier in this thread captain.gif

But is it just the back 15 feet of the original boat?

And what happened to the rest?

I think Pete's comment was tongue in cheek.

Anybody who knows CORMORANT will know my comment was 'tongue in cheek'.

For those who do not know CORMORANT here is a photograph of the important bit when it attended the Braunston show in 2011.

post-7931-0-26204200-1471203754_thumb.jpg

edit = captain.gif

Edited by pete harrison

Correct on both counts - first advertised October 2014 at £79995, and 06 August 2016 re-advertised but at £64950 with sensible offers considered.

This represents a drop of 19% over 2 years - excluding inflation (which I know is low), moorings, licence and insurance, so with a sensible offer will end up somewhere near the 30% off that I discussed earlier in this thread captain.gif

MECCA is now on Apollo Duck at £61500 - a reduction of 23% on the original asking price captain.gif

I too saw Mecca at Crick last year & thought she was a cracking looking boat...& then I saw the asking price

I too saw Mecca at Crick last year & thought she was a cracking looking boat...& then I saw the asking price

Mecca was at Cropredy last weekend.

What the hell is a Russian-built Lister?

one that was built in a hurry...?

...and leans over to one side?

Have a greeno.

I wonder if the seller means a Rigas Dizelis, which is actually a Latvian-built Deutz. We had one in our last boat, and it did come clad in Lister green paint.