Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

PRINCESS ANNE looks very desirable.

...said Capt. Phillips, many moons ago.

The Boatman Stove crops up fairly often in CW threads and I assumed that it was quite well known. Forgive me if I assumed too much. It's a small, cheap but apparently quite efficient solid fuel stove - but would look rather out of place in a back cabin!

Princess Anne was shortened by Geoff Wheat circa 1970 as he wanted a boat which could get onto the L&LC and C&HN. This is one of his photos taken just before being shortened. At the time, Geoff was hoping to live on board and had begun the conversion, but became too interested in proper boats on the L&LC, and then A&CN, to have the time to continue, eventually selling to Ed.

gallery_6938_2_16210.jpg

• Greenie 1

Anyone got some more "star" sides? I know some of the sides of Thea were kept and have just lengthened Capricorn. Are there any others about?

Edit to add- should it be relengthned, I wonder. It's spent more time shortened than full length by now!

Edited by FadeToScarlet

Princess Anne was shortened by Geoff Wheat circa 1970 as he wanted a boat which could get onto the L&LC and C&HN. This is one of his photos taken just before being shortened. At the time, Geoff was hoping to live on board and had begun the conversion, but became too interested in proper boats on the L&LC, and then A&CN, to have the time to continue, eventually selling to Ed.

gallery_6938_2_16210.jpg

That was the on chocks picture Id seen Mike, it was noted as being NC when I saw it.

Looking at the hold it hadnt had the extra cabin fitted before it was shortened, Im searching like crazy to see if I can find that image out.

Anyone got some more "star" sides? I know some of the sides of Thea were kept and have just lengthened Capricorn. Are there any others about?

Edit to add- should it be relengthned, I wonder. It's spent more time shortened than full length by now!

Capricorn was lengthened using plates originally removed from the boat when shortened years ago.

The hull sides removed from Thea went into Sextans when it was lengthened from 40ft to 50ft.

Thea being a Middle Northwich has rounded bilges so wouldn't have been "compatible" with a Woolwich.

As Liam has pointed out, the sides used to lengthen the Capricorn were originally hers anyway from when she was shortened, however there are still a pair of sides approximately 12'-ish long left over that haven't yet found a new home.

That was the on chocks picture Id seen Mike, it was noted as being NC when I saw it.

Looking at the hold it hadnt had the extra cabin fitted before it was shortened, Im searching like crazy to see if I can find that image out.

That's because Geoff only fitted the cabin after the shortening, which was done in 1968. It looks like this is at Chasewater, on the way to be shortened.

gallery_6938_2_15322.jpg

That's because Geoff only fitted the cabin after the shortening, which was done in 1968. It looks like this is at Chasewater, on the way to be shortened.

gallery_6938_2_15322.jpg

Ive run out of greenies otherwise these pics would be receiving them. I wouldnt be surprised if PA could have steered herself along those stretches by that time.

Capricorn was lengthened using plates originally removed from the boat when shortened years ago.

The hull sides removed from Thea went into Sextans when it was lengthened from 40ft to 50ft.

Thea being a Middle Northwich has rounded bilges so wouldn't have been "compatible" with a Woolwich.

That makes sense- I should've known, with Capricorn being shortened at Charity dock, never throwing anything away!

What sort of engine?

How many berths?

.................... being just two of the questions that will be flooding in from London Town direction.

If anyone cares to loan me £20k for an unspecified period of time I'd be happy to take this London bound and leave it just as it is.

Would be lovely paired with Barnet.

That explains when I searched in this thread using the term Widgeon to check, I never had a hit.

Yes, it would be quite a bit easier to keep track of things if people always included the name of each boat as part of their posting.

I suspect if I look back I may well have been guilty of not always having done so.

(Exclude from that remark though the cases where the owners have refused to specify which boat is being talked about in their advert. I recall one along the lines of "if you need to ask, you are probably not a serious buyer!").

Think i need hitting with a wet fish.

Is kent still for sale?

I know shes had alot of work recently year ago.

Anything anyone knows of a good reason not to go look at her?

Its wooden dosnt count.

.Apologies if I'm telling you chaps stuff you already know.

I cycled past nb Towy today & saw it had a "for sale" sign on it. I shan't give away its location on here but I could take down the phone number & report back if anyone's interested.

I got told towy was a part share boat by my dad although that could have changed. Can you post details as ill ring them as im intrested. (Any tco boat or wooden fmc boat for that matter but my want is fairly limited totco and fmc)

Can you post details as ill ring them as im intrested. (Any tco boat or wooden fmc boat for that matter but my want is fairly limited totco and fmc)

But you will also consider a Samuel Barlow Coal Company Ltd. built motor according to post number 3146 captain.gif

That maybe the Spey which is a share boat.

My records state that TOWY has been a syndicate boat since May 1978 captain.gif

Edited by pete harrison