A pint with?

frahkn

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Every day for those five years? ;)

Fortunately (for me) not, but directly as a result of them. Robert Runcie had formerly been Dean of the college I went to and arranged a room for him after his release. It suited him well I think as he could stay within his room, walk around the college or go out if he wanted but it wasn't fully public and the public could not come in and disturb him. I used to row, with practice very early in the morning, and Terry Waite would generally come in for breakfast at about the same time as I got back.

Alec

• Greenie 1

Billy Bragg.

In the saloon bar of the Britannia in Barking when he was still Stephen.

He played with an interesting bunch who were in the year below me in school who formed a band called Riff Raff.

And later, here in Ryde on the IoW, Jet Harris late of the Shadows, in the Solent on Monkton Street.

11 hours ago, PaulD said:

I stood next to Bob Hawke in the gents urinal. Does that count ?

Similar to mine. I stood with Sir Alf Ramsey in the gents urinal.

That ought to count as it was in a pub, and we were both getting rid of our pints after consuming them 🙂.

• Greenie 1

I met Simon Weston the Falklands veteran in a Wetherspoons in Bristol, he had been doing a talk at the nearby Legion club, said hello and shook his hand, we both had a pint so that counts. Does a coffee with Mike Oldfield at his house count?

Edited by Mike Hurley
Missed a word.

45 minutes ago, Feeby100 said:

It would be my dad as he died when I was 19

Yeah, i could go for that with mine, you got 15 and a half years more than me though. Don't work in nuclear power stations people :( 

• Sad 1

I was too young to drink but I once took Joyce Grenfell for a morning of sea fishing when staying in a pub in Ireland.   In the 70s before marinas were everywhere in the Med, we were often moored stern to on a public quay so had some interesting neighbours, one I remember who stopped for a chat was Juan Carlos in Andraitx before he became King of Spain, his father was also living on board his boat on the same pontoon as us when we had a one year mooring in the Club de Mar in Palma which cost £300 back then in 1979.   All very different now sadly.

• Greenie 2

Currently down the pub with the BCNS workboat mob after a productive fishing expedition. Fairly typical for a Saturday afternoon.

(7.5 trolleys, 3 chairs, 2 traffic cones, a small table, a hoover, a toilet, a big bit of pipe, a brand-new mattress, a mirror, a unicorn hobbyhorse, a wooden toy fish and 28 bags of other stuff)

In forum members I've met Stroudwater1, Goliath, ditchcrawler, roland elsdon, and agg221 in that order, although for most of those I didn't know at the time... No pints though.

Edited by Francis Herne

6 hours ago, Francis Herne said:

Currently down the pub with the BCNS workboat mob after a productive fishing expedition. Fairly typical for a Saturday afternoon.

(7.5 trolleys, 3 chairs, 2 traffic cones, a small table, a hoover, a toilet, a big bit of pipe, a brand-new mattress, a mirror, a unicorn hobbyhorse, a wooden toy fish and 28 bags of other stuff)

In forum members I've met Stroudwater1, Goliath, ditchcrawler, roland elsdon, and agg221 in that order, although for most of those I didn't know at the time... No pints though.

We had a pint at Tipton after the challenge 👍

Well done with the work boat 😃

(I passed agg221 above Audlem, I really like his boat.)

I had a pint with Nigel Moore after a NBTA meeting, he had whisky. 

And I’ve had a couple of pints with the famous author Ray Shill. 

Edited by beerbeerbeerbeerbeer

18 minutes ago, Francis Herne said:

I believe you sat next to me for the meal after the challenge, I had at least one pint.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

We had a pint at Tipton after the challenge 👍

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

I believe you sat next to me for the meal after the challenge, I had at least one pint.

So we did! Corrections noted...

Edited by Francis Herne

4 hours ago, Francis Herne said:

And me after the Challenge last year. Also moored next to me for the Oldbury spring festival last year

• Greenie 1