Friday Wind Warning- Storm Eunice

matty40s

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The name disnt appear on behalf of the Met Office, it was Met Eirrean who named it, as they could see the dangers. Our Met office doesn't work weekends as no storms happen then.

Don't they really (work, I mean)?

37 minutes ago, MtB said:

A better illustration of the southern-centric nature of the mainstream news providers would be hard to find. 

I'm sure you're not serious: BBC News gave coverage to weather conditions in Scotland and in the West Country, for instance But I didn't hear any mention of this Franklin fellow. Anyway, he's here now and seems fairly well behaved.

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

River Don at Meadowhall, the River Sheaf is about to overtop as well.

20220220_154447.jpg

The flood proection guillotine gates at the bottom of NJC are likely to be down then.

4 hours ago, Athy said:

Don't they really (work, I mean)?

I'm sure you're not serious: BBC News gave coverage to weather conditions in Scotland and in the West Country, for instance But I didn't hear any mention of this Franklin fellow. Anyway, he's here now and seems fairly well behaved.

Not up North, its been snow, hail, sleet and now rain, rain, rain, rain, and more rain. See the Ribble video, floods, floods, more floods. 

Just now, MtB said:

Wind here in Wiltshire seems worse tonight than when Eunice tip-toed past on Friday.

Perhaps it's from a different direction. Boat is rocking like, well, a rocking boat.

I would say the same, it's been almost constant for the last 5hrs or so and constant rain for the last 3

39 minutes ago, MtB said:

Wind here in Wiltshire seems worse tonight than when Eunice tip-toed past on Friday.

Perhaps it's from a different direction. Boat is rocking like, well, a rocking boat.

Eunice was from the southwest, Franklin from the northwest.

Severe flooding of the Aire, Calder and surrounding rivers. Rotherham station doing its usual impression of a canal, and Leeds railways also stopped..due to a large work barge with attached JCB fittings rail bridge.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds-news/gallery/jcb-digger-floats-down-leeds-23161748

Over the West side, the Mersey is approaching record levels and the winds will be building up for the next 12 hours.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-2.31,55.35,1626

1 hour ago, Bee said:

Flood barriers up at Ironbridge, house in village flooded, river really thundering along ang rising awfully quickly.

And the Severn at Newtown is now 4.2 metres above normal levels, the highest it has ever been recorded at, so I really don't hold much hope out for anywhere further south, especially as the Vrynwy is also running at record levels.