Can't undo the gas!

Lmcgrath87

Featured Posts

I wish they would switch gas bottles to the same type that they use in applications that use liquid take-off rather than vapour

there are 2 variants I have dealt with (both easy to connect / disconnect with one hand and no tools)

1. Rego, normally used on forklifts, right hand thread, 2 turns from disconnected to properly connected

2. Tema, used in hot air ballooning and sometimes hydraulic lines, almost like an air-line fitting, push on to connect / pull back ring and pull to disconnect

TEMA.JPG

trust me, when they get dirty etc they are NOT easy to connect and disconnect!!!!

Looks like a halogen cooker, we use one with a hinged lid, handier than having to put the lid somewhere.

https://www.andrewjamesworldwide.com/usercontrols/productIndividual.aspx?ProductID=278

Oh spooky! I just added this very one to my Amazon basket! £33 a bargain! ....edit to add I see that the £33 one is not a hinged lid...£49.99 for hinged but still cheaper than others.

p.s. does it do nice chips? I miss proper chips. (not freezer oven chips, no freezer)

sorry Lmcgrath87 I hi jacked your thread!

Edited by Chagall

I wish they would switch gas bottles to the same type that they use in applications that use liquid take-off rather than vapour

there are 2 variants I have dealt with (both easy to connect / disconnect with one hand and no tools)

1. Rego, normally used on forklifts, right hand thread, 2 turns from disconnected to properly connected

2. Tema, used in hot air ballooning and sometimes hydraulic lines, almost like an air-line fitting, push on to connect / pull back ring and pull to disconnect

TEMA.JPG

trust me, when they get dirty etc they are NOT easy to connect and disconnect!!!!

I would have to disagree (especially with tema) having had to connect / disconnect them around 50 times a day for 3 years, only ever had a problem with tema 2 times.

First was where someone had turned the locking ring at the back which them prevents you from releasing it, fine to prevent accidental disconnection but very dangerous in an emergency situation, we never used the locking ring because a safety requirement we had was that the tank had to be capable of being shut off and disconnected within 5 seconds and dropped overboard within 15 seconds if needed.

Second time was where someone had replaced an O ring with a wrong type and it had twisted.

I think we're talking about entirely different uses of the same connections. On tractor hydraulic lines, sand/straw/cow poo/grit/dirt/mud whatever seems to get into the connection, and there's various ways to try protect it but with limited success. To stop and clean up the connectors is a pain, so rarely done. And on old tractors, or swapping between various tractors, they're always a bit of a pain to connect/reconnect. It also doesn't help that you need to release the pressure, and depending on the implement, it can "hang" and put pressure into the line on its own so it needs to be supported etc. The pragmatic way round it is to have as many tractors as implements and avoid swaps.

Butane bottles have the same, clip on regulators are the norm. Never seen them for propane though.

Phil

Propane in bottles with clip on regulators is called Patio Gas. However different suppliers may

use different sizes of Clip-On regulators - so if you change supplier you may have to change the

regulator.

springy

If a gas cylinder resembles an aircraft fuel tank in any way, it is much more dangerous when empty. No aircraft is put into the hangar empty. Always refuelled to full, first.

2p!

Sorry, I beg to differ, many aircraft go into the hangar with empty tanks - otherwise how do you carry out fuel tank maintenance?

Oh spooky! I just added this very one to my Amazon basket! £33 a bargain! ....edit to add I see that the £33 one is not a hinged lid...£49.99 for hinged but still cheaper than others.

p.s. does it do nice chips? I miss proper chips. (not freezer oven chips, no freezer)

sorry Lmcgrath87 I hi jacked your thread!

Hinged lid is very convenient.

Don't know about proper chips but it does oven chips a treat, very quick. Does roast spuds nice and crispy.

Er, calling L! It has been over 24 hours now, have you managed to get the damn' thing loose yet?

I haven't tried! I only just got in today as have been baking a cake for hubs birthday tomorrow at my mums house, so won't get a chance til tomorrow at the earliest!

Peanut butter and jam sandwich for dinner :)

Propane in bottles with clip on regulators is called Patio Gas. However different suppliers may

use different sizes of Clip-On regulators - so if you change supplier you may have to change the

regulator.

springy

Not sure but I think Patio gas is in fact a mix of Butane and Propane, however I was using a clip on regulator for Butane 15 years ago, long before Patio gas was ever on the market.

Phil

I haven't tried! I only just got in today as have been baking a cake for hubs birthday tomorrow at my mums house, so won't get a chance til tomorrow at the earliest!

Peanut butter and jam sandwich for dinner smile.png

No that would be 'supper'. 'Dinner' has several courses...

ninja.gif

No that would be 'supper'. 'Dinner' has several courses...

ninja.gif

I did have a couple of Reece's peanut butter cups for afters :D bit of a peanut over load really. Washed down with some wine, which I had to drink from a mug because I have no wine glasses. Classy lady me.

I did have a couple of Reece's peanut butter cups for afters biggrin.png bit of a peanut over load really. Washed down with some wine, which I had to drink from a mug because I have no wine glasses. Classy lady me.

True...!

I used to get in trouble for drinking my scotch straight from the bottle...

ninja.gif again ... :D

I did have a couple of Reece's peanut butter cups for afters biggrin.png bit of a peanut over load really. Washed down with some wine, which I had to drink from a mug because I have no wine glasses. Classy lady me.

Really; no sense of decorum in some places.

I blame the environment in Caversham - wrong side of the River....

Well we live at 57 degrees north and we have dinner in the evening, tea in the late afternoon and lunch in the middle of the day. So just how far north do you have to go?

I hope you don't miss out breakfast, elevenses and a deep fried Mars bar for supper!

Has said "hubs" failed his bottle changing certificate too?

Has said "hubs" failed his bottle changing certificate too?

yep he failed too! But I am confident that tomorrow all will be fixed and I can cook myself a meal!

True...!

I used to get in trouble for drinking my scotch straight from the bottle...

ninja.gif again ... biggrin.png

But it saves on washing up! I'd be praising you!