Can't undo the gas!

Lmcgrath87

Featured Posts

haha I haven't touched it since this morning! It's not a job i fancy doing in the dark tonight when I get home either so shall just have to wait. Possibly until the weekend, as we don't need to cook tomorrow or Friday

Lucky, lucky you - days of no cooking!!!!

But then again - I empathise if you are going hungry - let me know if you need food parcels sending (doh - they'll be cold by the time they reach you!)

haha I haven't touched it since this morning! It's not a job i fancy doing in the dark tonight when I get home either so shall just have to wait. Possibly until the weekend, as we don't need to cook tomorrow or Friday

When you do get around to it can you let us know the outcome. So many times threads end after much advice given with no one having any idea what happened.

If a gas cylinder resembles an aircraft fuel tank in any way, it is much more dangerous when empty. No aircraft is put into the hangar empty. Always refuelled to full, first.

2p!

Yes, and to reduce the risk of condensation in the tanks as well.

Lucky, lucky you - days of no cooking!!!!

But then again - I empathise if you are going hungry - let me know if you need food parcels sending (doh - they'll be cold by the time they reach you!)

No going hungry here! We opted for pub last night :D

When you do get around to it can you let us know the outcome. So many times threads end after much advice given with no one having any idea what happened.

Of course I will, I think I just need someone stronger than me, but I shall let you know how I get on!

Of course I will, I think I just need someone stronger than me, but I shall let you know how I get on!

Four pages of comments about a tight nut ... if you don't reply you will be lynched! CWDF is at times overbearing but never less than helpful. laugh.png

Maybe some one heavier to push down rather than stronger :-))

Actually the main difficulty is sometimes not one of strength, but a need to hold the gas bottle still whilst applying force to the spanner.

Especially true with those dopily small 3.9Kg bottles...

I wish they would switch gas bottles to the same type that they use in applications that use liquid take-off rather than vapour

there are 2 variants I have dealt with (both easy to connect / disconnect with one hand and no tools)

1. Rego, normally used on forklifts, right hand thread, 2 turns from disconnected to properly connected

2. Tema, used in hot air ballooning and sometimes hydraulic lines, almost like an air-line fitting, push on to connect / pull back ring and pull to disconnect

TEMA.JPG

Shame it's such an awkward place for two people to try and work from. I am confident we will get it sorted though.

I'm also looking into an electric multi cooker to have on stand-by for any future mishaps.

I am seriously tempted by this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ego-Spaceship-Countertop-Stainless-Container/dp/B00QFK0FJU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_79_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VMGB189TEAGSHGJPW9F&dpID=419uXGQznwL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR151%2C160_

That's very similar to what I was just looking at actually!

Have you got shore supply?

Shame it's such an awkward place for two people to try and work from. I am confident we will get it sorted though.

I'm also looking into an electric multi cooker to have on stand-by for any future mishaps.

Once you know how to do it there wont be a mishap again