Shocking News Concerning Well Known Coal Boater

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I wonder where he gets the money for world travel. After all, the royalties on his record sales and radio airplay can't amount to much nowadays.

. Sadly he sold all the rights and royalty,s to his records just before his dirty little past came out he got over a million for em if memory serves , how gutted the purchaser must of felt ,just one more thing that makes it worse in these cases is that by admitting his guilt he will be rewarded with50 percent off of his sentence ,then with any time on remanded taken off he will be back on the street in around 2 and a half years possibly sooner with a tag,,Justice ???????

'He pleaded guilty at his first opportunity'. Maybe for some strange reason got him a shorter sentence. Doesn't make the offence any less traumatic.

Surely the first opportunity to plead is when appearing in court.

The newspaper article says he refused to admit anything to police and obstructed their enquiries by answering 'no comment' to everything put to him. This probably delayed things considerably by forcing the police to build a case independently.

MtB

Well he's gone and got himself a big tug now. Its possible that he'll end up in Reading jail where I believe these kind of perverts are put. If so maybe we could detail and dispatch the one and only Mike the boilerman to visit him being as he lives in Reading, perhaps take him a cake made of Taybright and to cross examine him some more and extract some truth out of the bloke and report back.

Years ago when I lived on land I had a spare room which I sometimes rented out, 'short term only'. Well a van couriers and mini cab firm that I maintained vehicles for had a driver who fallen out with his mrs and needed temporary accommodation. I knew this bloke and thought he was a strange sort of div.and didn't when asked by his boss, his controller could I put him up I refused, however he kept on at me and I gave in on condition that it would be for no more than a couple of weeks.

Well he moved in to my spare room and his feet didn't half stink, it was putrid, his habit was to walk about about in his socks which caused me to wear a peg on my hooter at all times.

Anyway I was watching the telly one evening whilst he was in his room. Mmm I thought, I'll be kind and ask him if he would like to watch my telly for a bit as there was none in his room providing he put his shoes on. So in he came. The program that happened to be on was a documentry narrated by Anthony Burton describing places of interest on Brunels railway from Paddington to Bristol. He covered the usual places on the line like Windsor, Eton, Maidenhead bridge ect and then got to Reading where apparently the jail backs on the railway which the movie camera depicted. At this point my lodger said ''I've looked out of that prison window a few times, mmm I thought, I knew he'd done time for something as many mini cab drivers in the London metropolitan area have but I didn't know what.

The next day I made enquiries as to what kind of inmates Reading jail housed, and was told perverts and sex offenders and his boss told me he was had up for child molesting and done time for it a couple of times.

Well at the time my young nephews often came over to play with my model railway and had done so in the evenings whilst the lodger was there, luckily I had a sixth sense about him somehow and always remained in whilst my nephews were there.

When I found out from his boss what his jail sentances were for I needless to say kicked him out of my room pronto along with his belongings. I think he went back to his Mrs, but continued to mini cab.

Ps, Perhaps MTB could also check and report back if this blokes feet stink, could be sigsnifficant.

Interesting tale but I think you'll find Reading Jail closed on 20th December 2013!

From what I have heard, the disgraceful ‘vandalisation’ was not so much a work of ‘revenge’ or spite, but rather an opportunistic theft, by people knowing that under the circumstances, they would be likely unattended.

Yup, it's well known who did it.

Interesting tale but I think you'll find Reading Jail closed on 20th December 2013!

actually long Lartin jail in Worcester has long been a perverts paradise and the place were most sex offenders go to meet like minded people and plot there next evil crime ,the sickening reality in all this is that most perverts are kept well away from normal convicts and actually are treated better than your run of the mill crook

I know this guy is a scumbag and I agree with everyone of you that he should rot in jail but, people like Michael Jackson who, fiddled with kids just the same (even younger and got away with it) and, people still worshiped and adored him say," Can't possible have been Michael he's a lovely famous pop star and people like him just don't do thing's like that"

The world stinks of hypocrisy

My Mother always says that people like this one should: "Have it cut off and a button sewn on"

He may only serve 3 or 4 years inside but in reality he will be serving a sentence for the rest of his life, people don`t forget this sort of activity and he will be on the sex offenders register meaning that anytime something nasty happens near to his home he will be hauled in. I wouldn`t want to be in his shoes.

As someone who knows the owner well, I can assure everyone that the working pair are still owned by the trading company and Major is owned privately. James Bill operated both from time to time, and his referring to them as ‘his’ boats was simply the convention of a boat master. If he made any more claim than that to anyone, it was false.

The owner of the company and of Major assures me he is not a relative. I know him to be someone keenly interested in the commercial history of the canals, and a zealous advocate for freight use of them still. He befriends a great many people and involves himself with the education of young people [relatively speaking, i.e. 20's to 30's] in anything to do with the waterways.

The pair are now being looked after by someone who has moved onto them as a live-aboard. From what I have heard, the disgraceful ‘vandalisation’ was not so much a work of ‘revenge’ or spite, but rather an opportunistic theft, by people knowing that under the circumstances, they would be likely unattended.

Ara’s mast is regretted most, as it had all the original fittings, whereas that of Archimedes was a brand new replacement.

Nigel,

Thank you for giving a clear and unambiguous description of what you know about the boats.

It makes that side a lot clearer.

i think. You will find it's the young girl who has a life sentence not this peace of shite so please no sympathy for him

Piece as, (in a section or segment) not peace as in, (peace be with you lord) just pulling yer leg!

Piece as, (in a section or segment) not peace as in, (peace be with you lord) just pulling yer leg!

No offence intended, but, why don't folks use the spell checker?

I can't beleive I've only just become aware of this. Didn't know him well at all and TBH found him too cocky for my liking (not that that's relevant) and sort of dominant/domineering in his body language and manner. Like he's trying to get your to take a step back because he's in your personal space, but you won't do it because you're stubborn (or maybe that's just me). but I got the same sort of story as Junior on the couple of occasions I spoke to him socially. Also shocked that this latest crime occured at Braunston last year, having seen him there talking to a woman and presumed daughter whom I now wonder if that was the vitcim.

Edited by Starcoaster

I was always a little weary of James, would always have a chat, but once I passed him on my boat going north. I was about 400 yards from my mooring and he was heading the other way. He asked how my wife was, I replied fine (she was pregnant at the time). He then unknown to me, moored on our butty got off onto our mooring and knocked on the boat for her. He had never stopped before! She opened a side hatch and chatted to him, he hung around for an uncomfortably long time. Makes you think!

As I posted on FB:

I always knew there was something not quite right about him but he generally seemed ok. I'd heard rumours of his previous a couple of years ago but nothing definite. When I found out a few weeks/months ago (can't remember exactly how long it was) that he'd been arrested though, I have to say I wasn't particularly surprised.

I think a large part of why I find this so shocking is because it happened at Braunston rally, something that many of us love and that many of us were at at the time that his latest offense happened.

I don't have kids so I don't view things through the eyes of a parent. but if I was a parent as well as a boater I can well imagine myself thinking of the rally as something that it was ok to relax at and maybe not watch the kids as closely as I might in other situations, because it is so busy and so full of friends and people I know.

Excuse me, was that aimed at me? That is not even remotely related to what I was saying, and the thought never even crossed my mind. What I was saying and what I posted are the same thing, there was no hidden subtext, if you are actually accusing me of having one.

Edited by Starcoaster
  • Greenie 1

are you really saying where was her mother ?

I don't think Star is saying that. I read it as star saying that at a show like Braunston with like minded people and similar types surrounding all areas it may well be acceptable to relax a little and let the children explore on their own.

Sadly you get undesirables.

Martyn

• Greenie 2