Shocking News Concerning Well Known Coal Boater

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I'm lost for words.

Northampton Chronicle & Echo News Article

James Bill operated the Archimedes & Ara coal boats in the London area, as well as being involved in much other boating in the Capital and around the country.

He is actually a member on here.

I'm amazed it's taken this long to get out on here and assumed people knew and it was being kept under wraps.

For anyone who is interested, I've been told by two seperate people that the boats are up for sale and was also told the same price by both people so I guess there must be some truth in it.

A CRT employee told me a few weeks ago that some of the other coal boats in London have been getting grief connected to this, although I admit it was second hand info.

Edited by junior

I'm amazed it's taken this long to get out on here and assumed people knew and it was being kept under wraps.

For anyone who is interested, I've been told by two seperate people that the boats are up for sale and was also told the same price by both people so I guess there must be some truth in it.

Well presumably (rightly I think) people were awaiting a guilty verdict in court, anything else would have been unfair.

I wonder how many knew about his previous???

I'm afraid that would be reason enough for me to have bought my coal elsewhere.

What previous? No previous convictions mentioned in the newspaper article, dated today.

Well I had no idea. But then I'm not on the GU most of the time either...

Why/how could it have been kept 'under wraps' anyway?

MtB

What previous? No previous convictions mentioned in the newspaper article, dated today.

Article says "He has a previous conviction for indecently assaulting three girls."

Well I had no idea. But then I'm not on the GU most of the time either...

MtB

Seventh paragraph in the Newspaper article "He has a previous conviction for indecently assaulting three girls."

Edited by David Schweizer

MtB

Ok perhaps "under wraps" was the wrongs phrase, I just wondered if due to the sensitivity nobody had mentioned it on here yet. It's been hinted at several times on the LB Facebook page over the last 6 or so weeks soI'm suprised to see the story only 'break' today. I guess the conviction must have been recent and the arrest is what has been spoken lf previous. He's definitely been inside on remand I would imagine as he 'disappeared' around New Year and I was told then that he'd been "locked up for kiddy fiddling".

It feels a bit wierd admitting this, but I went out for a drink several times with him over the xmas period when we were moored in the same spot for a few nights. He was told me loads about himself which I have since found out was all a load of crap. It's quite shocking to find out just how easily somebody managed to pull the wool over my eyes and that I befriended somebody who bad this in their past. Makescme feel a bit strange to be honest.

Edited by junior

It goes to show you never know what sick people walk (or float) among us. We're a friendly, trusting bunch, us boaters. That's one of the appeals of life on the water. And it's a fine line between keeping safe and maintaining that friendliness and trust. There are predators in all walks of life. Including on this forum.

My thoughts are with the poor girl he did this to and her family.

Article says "He has a previous conviction for indecently assaulting three girls."

My apologies. TDH is correct, I didn't read it properly.

Shocking that no-one seemed aware of his previous in that case.

MtB

I believe the boats (note not owned by him) have already had a number of items stripped from them. I was not aware of his previous and would have found that very worrying

Putting aside for one moment what this dreadful person has done. He deserves more than he got.

My mind goes to the two boats that potentially are open to vandalism and a longer term demise. I can't see many people taking on the business with this back story, nor wanting to fund this person by purchasing his assets.

What is likely to happen to them?

Martyn