Shocking News Concerning Well Known Coal Boater

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I know how you feel I think but however "unclean" you may feel it is not your fault and these people just look like the rest of us otherwise it would be easy for the police to catch them. Apart from their dark and disgusting flaw they often seem quite normal otherwise. Fortunately their vile sickness is not catching.

I had a similar experience a few years ago when a fellow volunteer on the railway I signal on was jailed for the rape of a minor in his life away from the railway. I felt sick inside that I knew him let alone was friendly and shared a joke or two. It didn't matter either that the crime was committed many years previously and had only just come to light when the victim felt old and strong enough to lodge a complaint it was still gut wrenching to be associated with the person who committed the act.

It's nobody's fault but his own.

And he's been imprisoned for the crime he was convicted of doing thanks to the courage of the girl, his victim. How many more have there been who weren't courageous enough to tell anyone? Or how any near misses where he's tried to lure someone and not succeeded? I genuinely believe people like that are sick in the head and will always be a danger to others.

BlueStringPudding, on 25 Mar 2014 - 4:05 PM, said:

And he's been imprisoned for the crime he was convicted of doing thanks to the courage of the girl, his victim. How many more have there been who weren't courageous enough to tell anyone? Or how any near misses where he's tried to lure someone and not succeeded? I genuinely believe people like that are sick in the head and will always be a danger to others.

Totally agree - no body should feel anything other than disdain and perhaps a little pity for this guy. Criminals particularly paedophiles are often very plausible, outwardly normal people, it is only afterwards often that people say 'well of course we should have known'.

If they were not so normal and outwardly plausible how would they manage to engage with their victims in the first instance?

Shocking as offence is he has been caught, found guilty and sentenced, some say it wasn't severe enough, but that is what the law decrees. As for stringing up and castrating thank the stars we don't have too much people power in this country or we would be like some far more savage countries.

What's the point of stating what we would like him and others like him to suffer, it does us no good and only serves to brutalise ourselves. We've had some dreadful methods of torture and execution in our past (still happening in some parts of the world) but as a nation we have managed to move forward from all that, let's try and keep on that road.

• Greenie 4

Those blokes usually wear gaudy coloured holiday shirts not tucked in an attempt to hide their huge paunches. They also tend to wear either silly long shorts or short longs whichever way you look at em. They also look like a walking H.Samuel advert and like to adorn themselves with gold, fake gold chains around their necks with fake gold plated blocks of metal dangling on them, charm bracelets and fake gold Rolex watches on every wrist with fake gold sovereign rings on every finger and mobile phones poking out from everywhere.

All to try and impress the Thai girls you understand.

A bit off topic, but can't resist after reading people's attire being relative to their lifestyle.

Do all IWA members shop at Matalan's?

Just something I've noticed in the season.

Yes indeed each time someone like this is taken out of society it is a bit safer and further victims saved from the terrible ordeal of such a crime.

A bit off topic, but can't resist after reading people's attire being relative to their lifestyle.

No they don't.

Got any more stupid and inappropriate comments to make?

I've only ever met one IWA bod and yes definitely a Matalanman and he was flash with a flashy boat and car.

Yes indeed each time someone like this is taken out of society it is a bit safer and further victims saved from the terrible ordeal of such a crime.

No they don't.

Got any more stupid and inappropriate comments to make?

I think it's more stupid that they wear the label where it can be seen. It's the canary yellows, and dusty blues that give it away though.

Just an observation :-)

That Garry Glitter blokes attire more or less fitted my description of dodgy perverts. And I must of course say this, that there are of course a few harmless blokes who's holidays attire fits my description also. Some of em wear all those flash togs and gold all the time during the summer and not just for visits to Thailand and holidays.

When we went to Madagascar a couple of years ago there were signs up in the airport warning about paedophile behaviour so it would appear it goes on there too. It was noticeable that some older men on their own would sit on the beach waiting to be approached We were in a hotel restaurant in one place having lunch and I would swear that Paul Gadd (aka Glitter) was at one of the tables. He noticed me looking at him and finished his meal very quickly and left so if it wasn't Gadd, I'm sure it was someone with similar intentions.

By contrast, on the West Africa beaches, it seems to be older women trying to pick up a (usually willing) young African.

I know how you feel I think but however "unclean" you may feel it is not your fault and these people just look like the rest of us otherwise it would be easy for the police to catch them. Apart from their dark and disgusting flaw they often seem quite normal otherwise. Fortunately their vile sickness is not catching.

I had a similar experience a few years ago when a fellow volunteer on the railway I signal on was jailed for the rape of a minor in his life away from the railway. I felt sick inside that I knew him let alone was friendly and shared a joke or two. It didn't matter either that the crime was committed many years previously and had only just come to light when the victim felt old and strong enough to lodge a complaint it was still gut wrenching to be associated with the person who committed the act.

Similar for us. Swmbos significant burthday, dinner party in the restaurant of preserved railway. Food excellent, chef pleasant. Jailed a few months later for killing his wife!

I thought the former Leader Of The Gang was still in prison somewhere abroad?

Surprisingly not. I checked if he was on the loose when we got back and it seems he has actually spent very little time in prison and has travelled widely.

Carl Jung called it the 'shadow', a dark place we all carry within ourselves, for most it's a minor thing for some it's a very dark place. Trying to deny its existence just makes it worse.

I'm with you on that Innisfree

'He pleaded guilty at his first opportunity'. Maybe for some strange reason got him a shorter sentence. Doesn't make the offence any less traumatic.

Many people report that having to give evidence in a trial of this nature felt like being re-victimised. I'm not sure how I feel about it reducing a sentence, but pleading guilty immediately certainly does spare victims the trauma of giving evidence. In rape trials, victims have to recount the whole event in very specific detail - can you even imagine how awful that would be? Pleading guilty at least stops that going ahead.

My thoughts are with the little girl concerned and her family, what a terrible experience.

Pleading guilty at the first opportunity also means that far less police and CPS resources are tied up in bringing a prosecution, so staff are able to work on other cases.

If there was no reduced sentence for a guilty plea, why would any accused ever admit to anything?