Shocking News Concerning Well Known Coal Boater

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

If actually for sale at all, and I'd expect you'd know!

I don't, and until anyone actually suggests either boat is on the market, i can't see a lot of point is discussing a potential valuation.

Junior did say he'd been told 50k by two different people but probably just gossip to be fair.

I remember when Ara was for sale with a star class motor at Braunston the owner 'wouldn't sell separately' then in fact they did get split. Iirc it was Callisto she was with as a camping boat?

Yes, I did also say that I had heard it off the towpath telegraph and not from anybody connected with the boats themselves.

To elaborate a little.....

I was stood at St Pancras lock about a month ago and whilst waiting for it to fill was chatting to one of the CRT guts off the work boat that was also waiting for the lock. We started chatting engines, which progressed onto working boats etc with me saying I wish I could afford one, at which point he said "here, you know Archemedies and Ara are up for sale at £50k but because the are connected with James nobody wants to touch them", or words to that effect.

It was also him that told me that one of the other coal boats had had some greif.

Yes I've noticed that, a few of them ought to stay off the beer and lose a bit of weight.

Can I just step in here (before anyone else does) to express my complete outrage (by proxy) that you have negatively sterotyped the entire CRT workforce.

Scandalous!

Could you suggest a spell checker that would flag up "peace" as the incorrect spelling in this context?

When I said spell checker I didn't necessarily mean an online type. There are the good old paper/hardback methods of looking up the correct spelling of words.

People are becoming lazy. But let's leave it there.

Just seen Archimedes and Ara on Quest (Narrowboat Afloat). A couple with a child on so don't think it is the present subject! It's a few years old now of course. Nice looking pair of boats.

Edited by dor

People are becoming lazy. But let's leave it there.

It may well have been a genuine mistake that doesn't really warrant your overreaction.

That said you have obviously never made a mistake before so I perhaps shouldn't judge you by my imperfect standards.

Just seen Archimedes and Ara on Quest (Narrowboat Afloat). A couple with a child on so don't think it is the present subject! It's a few years old now of course. Nice looking pair of boats.

That was Barney his wife and child, they bought the boats from Alan and Trish when they gave up. Both really nice couples.

Darren

I've got a common name starting with an A as well but I have never seen it ending in double o rolleyes.gif was that a spelling error??

andrew

I looked it up the the dictionary and:

"We do not have an entry for androo. Have a look at how it is spelled. Did you type it correctly? We have these words with similar spellings or pronunciations"

lol

I remember Alan and Trish. Very likeable couple I used to have a good natter about iron boaty stuff I was pulling out on the magnet. Think they live near Blisworth Tunnel on land now ?

Edited to remove error

Edited by magnetman

I've got a common name starting with an A as well but I have never seen it ending in double o rolleyes.gif was that a spelling error??

andrew

Androo.... a play off the name Andrew

It may well have been a genuine mistake that doesn't really warrant your overreaction.

That said you have obviously never made a mistake before so I perhaps shouldn't judge you by my imperfect standards.

Overreaction, not really, just a comment... I will monitor the situation...captain.gif

I do make mistakes but I'm never wrong