Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

There were very few BOATS ever created and I think legislation a few years ago knocked that whole concept on the head.

Yes BOATS became just "Byways"and RUPP/Vs ceased to exist and were reclassified as "Restricted Byways" after the relevant bit of the CROW Act 2000 finally became law in 2006.

It has been suggested several times before in this thread that the original plan was for a housing estate

Seems more than likely to me

Hi,

A quick check of Charnwood Borough Council's planning portal indicates that planning permission for a caravan park and marina on the site, following the completion of sand and gravel extraction, was granted on 8th November 1993. If building-to-fail with a view to subsequently erecting housing was in the back of the applicants (not the current owners) minds back then it indicates a long term strategy !

Incidentally, although the original permission allowed for a number of caravans on the site, this was overturned in a 1998 decision (requesting an extension to the original planning permission) following advice from the Environment Agency that the site was on a flood plain and this posed a risk to life and property. This suggests that permission would not be forthcoming for houses.

I also note from correspondance received from the applicant's agent in April 1998, that they understood that British Waterways now wished to buy the site from their clients, complete the mineral extraction, and then build and operate a marina on the site !

There were very few BOATS ever created and I think legislation a few years ago knocked that whole concept on the head.

Close. Try Byway Open to All Traffic, rather than bridleway. The Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 changed a lot of RUPPs into restricted byways and NERC in 2006 re-classified the remainder into restricted byways or BOATs.

With regard to PLM, the legalities of vehicular access is a bit of a red herring as it is permissable to use a footpath for bridleway for MPV access to a property - one off the top of my head which is the Redclyffe Yacht Club on the Frome in Dorset. Very definitely a footpath but with allowed vehicular access (and parking) to the clubhouse.

All I want is a close family member of mine, as a newbie to live out her dream on her newly built narrow boat without all this mess having took up her liveaboard mooring's very recently....I like to protect and look after my family unlike the Lillie's

However, I have contacted Paul Lillie directly who refuses to speak to me, and has banned me from Pillings facebook page...for what? Speaking my mind? What gets to me is that he constanstley states 'oh all the boat owners on the marnina are happy' funny how the comment from some folk are duly missed.....

''As a moorer at Pillings may I say thanks to all those messages of support - we are not all mugs but honest folk who decided to moor here in good faith.
There is only one thing wrong with Pillings Lock Marina and that is Paul Lillie - I fervently hope that the Liquidators use all their powers against him (including criminal prosecution if possible).
I have already made arrangements to move elsewhere but there are many who are far more exposed than myself & my sympathies go to them.''

''I'm aware of what's happening Rachel. Paul Lillie is an arrogant fool. " it all comes back to bite us on the bum " did he really think any of believed the crap that came out of his mouth at Friday nights meeting. Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. He doesn't care about his berth holders, doesn't support us, so he isn't going to change now!!''

So as you now have blocked me from your personal FB page aswell Mr Lillie Jnr I would like to reply to your last message to me 'Practice what you preach' on here

Resign, get out and let a properly assigned director who know's what they are really taking on, take over the runnings of the marina...those that the moorers can trust...

I can't practice what I preach because I didn't sign on that dotted line and agree to the terms and conditions to run Pillings as a director...you did

• Greenie 2

Hi,

A quick check of Charnwood Borough Council's planning portal indicates that planning permission for a caravan park and marina on the site, following the completion of sand and gravel extraction, was granted on 8th November 1993. If building-to-fail with a view to subsequently erecting housing was in the back of the applicants (not the current owners) minds back then it indicates a long term strategy !

A house I used to live in had planning permission for a motel granted on land opposite in the early 1980s. The motel was granted because of the promise of jobs for locals. Up to the last application the company involved made frequent applications to change it to housing which is all they ever wanted.

At the last application they came unstuck. I managed to convince the council to revoke the permission for a motel on the grounds of not starting the motel and causing apprehension to local residents because of the frequent applications.

The land has now reverted to greenbelt.

George ex nb Alton retired

Methinks the original model was flawed!

I think the recent business operation was far from flawed.

Brand new £60k Range Rover and brand new property in a gated community never mind the several foreign holidays a year means someone has done very well thank-you after shafting his boaters good and proper.

I think the recent business operation was far from flawed.

Brand new £60k Range Rover and brand new property in a gated community never mind the several foreign holidays a year means someone has done very well thank-you after shafting his boaters good and proper.

Don't even get me started on that....

for the 2 years or so I was there as a director, I was paid £30k a year, and believe you me I earned it! I was involved manually installing underground cables, pipes and mooring pontoons, starting in the dark in winter, and going home in the dark, covered in mud. The hardest 2 years of my working life bar none!You know who was tucked up in his little office doing "paperwork".Since then I have no idea what he now pays himself, but I heard on the grapevine that it was a lot more than that.

The car is probably leased rather than purchased, unless he felt the business needed to dump some cash. But there are many fiddles he could have been running, along with his salary and dividend. And of course he could have awarded himself a special bonus. Foreign 'holidays' to look at how other marinas are run is a nice likely way to put a holiday on the business. The good old "fact-finding mission"!

ETA: Great minds Mach!

Edited by dor

for the 2 years or so I was there as a director, I was paid £30k a year, and believe you me I earned it! I was involved manually installing underground cables, pipes and mooring pontoons, starting in the dark in winter, and going home in the dark, covered in mud. The hardest 2 years of my working life bar none!You know who was tucked up in his little office doing "paperwork".Since then I have no idea what he now pays himself, but I heard on the grapevine that it was a lot more than that.

As a single parent who is out working in all weathers and paying my bills, plus keeping my house clean, If I was the director of the said Marina or any marina If it was my livelihood I would live in a tent and sell all what was worth I owned anything to keep the moorers in my marina happy and most of all C&RT so I could keep the access open and keep everyone happy...sorry I'm from a catholic convent school upbringing I do not like lies, or BS....if this marina was to keep open as Paul Lillie Jnr as director I seriously think it is doomed....I could go on but I think I have said my bit for now.....

Yes BOATS became just "Byways"and RUPP/Vs ceased to exist and were reclassified as "Restricted Byways" after the relevant bit of the CROW Act 2000 finally became law in 2006.

Ah yes, I remember it now.

Thanks to your goodself and Eightpot for that info:

There were a lot of complaints from genuine off-roaders whose use of green lanes suddenly disappeared. I also think some disruption to horsedrawn vehicles. As I had long since ceased driving in harness it was of no great import to me.

If I were projecting a turnover, I would be looking at likely sales revenue. Costs (fixed or variable) come in when assessing profits. So my comment stands.

However, I would want to know the likely outgoings too, before deciding how much to spend on my lease car.

This is a general remark, not specific to a particular business.

ETA: when assessing profits

Edited by Machpoint005

Close. Try Byway Open to All Traffic, rather than bridleway. The Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 changed a lot of RUPPs into restricted byways and NERC in 2006 re-classified the remainder into restricted byways or BOATs.

Close but BOATS were done away with, becoming just "Byways".

RUPP/Vs that could be proven to have historical vehicular use were reclassified as "Byways" and those that couldn't (or in my case the relevant Council employee couldn't persuade the lazy 4x4 enthusiasts to get off their fat arses and do a bit of research) were mostly downgraded to Bridleways or restricted byways.

There were a lot of complaints from genuine off-roaders whose use of green lanes suddenly disappeared. I also think some disruption to horsedrawn vehicles. As I had long since ceased driving in harness it was of no great import to me.

Loads of complaints from offroaders but, when actually invited to fight their corner, were too busy trying to locate their navel in order to contemplate it, to be bothered with doing the leg work.

To Mr John Lillie, I am so sorry that you have an Arsehole for an Ex son.

He likes to speak as one privately too, unless it's in public....like this forum, then it's everybody elses fault not his

Edited by Roxy

'A brand new £60k Range Rover' was probably leased -- not so large an expense given the projected turnover of the business.

But the Range Rover turned up fairly recently. Before that, Mr. Lillie drove a yellow Fiat Punto with sign writing on it.

RL

not sure how to interpret roxy's last feed, but I have to stress that I was never involved in policy making or meetings with the steadmans, when I suggested post boxes and storage sheds, I got a call then from the steadmans telling me to keep out of things, Post boxes and sheds were eventually added though! In the 2 years I was there, matt Steadman visited about 3 times, but sat in conference with paul, I never ever emailed him or rang him or his wife. As a further aside, there is a strong rumour that paul's partner,as well as being a full time teacher at Loughborough grammar school, also draws a salary from plm.

He likes to speak as one privately too, unless it's in public....like this forum, then it's everybody elses fault not his

Not you Mr John Lillie your son..sorry for the confusion

And while I'm having my evening rant on this thread, I wonder what the staff or Mr Lillie jnr himself would say if I or anyone was to phone Pillings and ask if there was any berths available next month and how much it would cost me for a year's worth of moorings for a possible liveaboard 60ft boat?

But the Range Rover turned up fairly recently. Before that, Mr. Lillie drove a yellow Fiat Punto with sign writing on it.

RL

Ah yes another one under the spell, who thinks PL can Do No Wrong.

So the Range Rover was purchased recently eh? Arounf about the time CRT won their court case?