Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

You are just being silly, they are not "stealing money from their customers", they offer a service for a fee. How they deal with suppliers is up to them.

They collected payments from their "residents" that included an element of their contracted Access Agreement Payment due to CaRT and then didn't pay the AAP. And you don't see anything wrong in that?

You are just being silly, they are not "stealing money from their customers", they offer a service for a fee. How they deal with suppliers is up to them.

There are two or three people on here whose only interest seems to be derailing informative threads into pointless spats. This seems to be another one who surfaced recently and they are best ignored. You can't discuss with them because they just reply with abuse.

Not at all. A contractual dispute between a supplier and a company is not theft.

as for the ridiculous accusation of 'stealing from the customers', you'll have seen the breakdown on the invoice for the component that says 'NAA', I assume from your silly statement.

Edited by Alenafour

There are two or three people on here whose only interest seems to be derailing informative threads into pointless spats. This seems to be another one who surfaced recently and they are best ignored. You can't discuss with them because they just reply with abuse.

I see, disagreeing with you is abuse? My what a sensitive soul.

My opinion, to which I am entitled, that to frame a contractual dispute as 'theft' is silly and that's what I said. There has been an ineffectual flame war on this forum, stemming I understand from an ill-advised Facebook post a couple of years ago. Reports from those boaters who are not in dispute with Pillings management is that it's a good place to moor and, contrary to accusations of theft, reasonably priced.

Silly impotent statements on an Internet forum are just that.

no but I have, or words to that effect

evidence please?

My opinion, to which I am entitled, that to frame a contractual dispute as 'theft' is silly and that's what I said. There has been an ineffectual flame war on this forum, stemming I understand from an ill-advised Facebook post a couple of years ago. Reports from those boaters who are not in dispute with Pillings management is that it's a good place to moor and, contrary to accusations of theft, reasonably priced.

evidence please?

Do you think that John Lillie is in a position to know whats what ?

evidence please?

How would you have felt, had your boat been locked into that marina, because of a "contractual dispute"?

Bod

evidence please?

And I'm guessing that removing parts from boats without owners permission over disputes, is a perfectly acceptable contractual dispute practice in your world too?

What can one actually do about an electric overcharge? I know that Ofgen clearly says that it is not allowed and that the person who resold it to you will have to pay you back, but no clues as to how to go about this-Ofgem itself don't do it.

And what can you do if the landlord won't show you a copy of their own bill, which is what Citizen's Advice says to do for a start!?

Well, they certainly remove pieces of boats without the owner's consent to prevent them leaving if they have a dispute- I.e. Hard to detect sabotage- and suggested said owner have their workshop replace said pieces, at Pilling's convenience.

I don't moor there by the way, I was just contracted to move a boat from the marina.

Well, they certainly remove pieces of boats without the owner's consent to prevent them leaving if they have a dispute- I.e. Hard to detect sabotage- and suggested said owner have their workshop replace said pieces, at Pilling's convenience.

I don't moor there by the way, I was just contracted to move a boat from the marina.

Friends of ours experiened that - they'd moored in Pillings for several years and through financial necessity needed to leave the marina with no debts owed. Their boat was sobataged to prevent them leaving.

I'm sorry Alenafour but if you're defending Pillings your research is flawed.

Edited by Ange

I think Alenafour just likes to play devils advocate and argue...probably gets bit bored.

Its up to individuals how they chose to respond.

Pillings saga has been discussed at length believe Mtb was just asking current status.

So setting aside electric mishaps and boat issues anything new? Are they being better behaved towards their bread n butter paying customer/

To answer MtB's question, my guess is that the reason we've heard little of Pillings on the forum lately is that they've realised the best way forward for them is to keep a low profile and stop upsetting people. Maybe they understand that if they run the marina properly, pay the NAA each year each year from now on and treat all moorers fairly, their past behaviour will slowly be forgotten. Like MtB, I am disappointed that CRT appear to have forgotten it.

I said somewhere long ago in this topic that there is in theory a remedy in law for that past behaviour. Following on from the liquidator's report on the failure of one of the companies (Quorn Marina Properties Ltd if I remember correctly) to the DTI, whenever that was or will be produced, the DTI could seek to prosecute Paul Lillie for trading while insolvent. CRT as the major unpaid creditor of that company could exert pressure on the DTI to do that.

Pillings saga has been discussed at length believe Mtb was just asking current status.

I was.

I should have been clearer. I really wanted to ask if anyone know if Pillings are keeping up with their NAA payments now, or if they are up to their old tricks again of failing to pay.