Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Good Afternoon,

I am writing to update you with information about the access dispute.

I am pleased to inform you that I had a productive meeting with Phil Spencer and Carl West of the Canals and Rivers Trust this morning. I am currently waiting for a Network Access Agreement (NAA) to be sent across for approval, which should arrive later today or tomorrow.

Unfortunately as we are entering into a full agreement, we have no choice but to reduce the capacity of the marina. The decision has been taken to close part of ‘G Jetty’ in order to reduce the annual NAA cost. This is not a decision that has been taken lightly, with ‘G Jetty’ being chosen due to it having the lowest occupancy in the marina. The Marina Office will be making contact with every berth holder that this will affect in the next day or two.

On a more positive note, good progress has been made today and I am confident access to the system will be maintained.

Kind Regards,

Roy Rollings

Director

Pilling's Lock Trading Ltd

Flesh Hovel Lane - Quorn - Leicestershire - LE12 8FE

Tel - 01509 620990 / Mob - 07958 027834

www.pillingslock.com

@pillingslock

As dangerous Dave said, Hit the iceberg 4 days out on the 14th and sank early hours of the 15th. think you were mixing up the day with the year, which was 1912

I think you are right, I just had to re read the wiki article twice to read the date correctly!

Good Afternoon,

I am pleased to inform you that I had a productive meeting with Phil Spencer and Carl West of the Canals and Rivers Trust this morning. I am currently waiting for a Network Access Agreement (NAA) to be sent across for approval, which should arrive later today or tomorrow.

Unfortunately as we are entering into a full agreement, we have no choice but to reduce the capacity of the marina. The decision has been taken to close part of G Jetty in order to reduce the annual NAA cost. This is not a decision that has been taken lightly, with G Jetty being chosen due to it having the lowest occupancy in the marina. The Marina Office will be making contact with every berth holder that this will affect in the next day or two.

On a more positive note, good progress has been made today and I am confident access to the system will be maintained.

Kind Regards,

Roy Rollings

Director

www.pillingslock.com

@pillingslock

So they move boats from one jetty to another as theyre not at full occupancy,so have the space,thereby not actually reducing the amount of customers and revenue but supposedly closing part of g jetty so it cant be reused by new moorers? They won't close any of it,no CRT go in to check occupancy above twice a year so g jetty can stay full and they get a reduced naa fee but havent lost out themselves? Well,theres a pat on the back PL Edited by SoosieQ

What I struggle to understand is what has happened in the last few months that means that they can now afford the payment to CRT when before they couldn't? Presumably there has been a reduction in overheads somewhere along the line. I am glad access will be maintained and hope CRT are sufficiently protected going forward with suitable financial guarantees.

The whole story is quite astonishing. How can PL still be in charge? How can CRT just drop the 180k owed and sign a new agreement with the same people that just ripped them off? The law really is an ass.

This saga can only bring the reputations of both PLM and CRT into serious doubt. I'm glad for the boaters who will still have a mooring, and access to the system, and that can only be why CRT have done this, but it surely opens the door to much more trouble, and probably uncertainty for other boaters when other marinas also figure they can set up dummy companies and get away without paying a NAA.

At least I should find a mooring next week in Barrow, which I also thank CRT for :-)

There have been various announcements over the last month or two from RR and before him PL, talking up the likelihood of a new NAA being agreed, which turned out to be false, so I wouldn't necessarily assume that this latest one is true until CRT confirm it.

However RR is now saying a deal has been made and it just remains for the documentation to be completed, so maybe it is true.

We just have to hope that the CRT extracted a heavy enough price to deter the phoenix company PLT and other marinas from trying to avoid paying their dues in future, which CRT did indicate they intended to.

Is PL still in charge? I think someone said that he's not shown his face at the marina much recently, or words to that effect.

Based upon all that's been said about his behaviour towards people during the last 255 pages, especially the infamous Page 3 Rant, I wouldn't want to be in any marina while he's in any way involved in running it. Even if he's not seen nowadays, I would remind boaters that according to a letter from Phil Spencer quoted not long ago, PLT is owned by 750LLtd which is owned by QMH, of which PL remains sole director and 25% shareholder. So long as that remains the case, he's effectively a shadow director of PLT. And as no one's yet reported otherwise on this topic, we must suppose PL is still sole director of PLM and PLM is the company running the marina under a lease from the freeholder PMT.

Does anyone know differently?

PS: It is reasonable to hope that CRT will make a particular effort to monitor that the promised closure of G jetty actually happens, given the poor reputation for truthfulness of those involved.

There have been various announcements over the last month or two from RR and before him PL, talking up the likelihood of a new NAA being agreed, which turned out to be false, so I wouldn't necessarily assume that this latest one is true until CRT confirm it.

However RR is now saying a deal has been made and it just remains for the documentation to be completed, so maybe it is true.

We just have to hope that the CRT extracted a heavy enough price to deter the phoenix company PLT and other marinas from trying to avoid paying their dues in future, which CRT did indicate they intended to.

Is PL still in charge? I think someone said that he's not shown his face at the marina much recently, or words to that effect.

Based upon all that's been said about his behaviour towards people during the last 255 pages, especially the infamous Page 3 Rant, I wouldn't want to be in any marina while he's in any way involved in running it. Even if he's not seen nowadays, I would remind boaters that according to a letter from Phil Spencer quoted not long ago, PLT is owned by 750LLtd which is owned by QMH, of which PL remains sole director and 25% shareholder. So long as that remains the case, he's effectively a shadow director of PLT. And as no one's yet reported otherwise on this topic, we must suppose PL is still sole director of PLM and PLM is the company running the marina under a lease from the freeholder PMT.

Does anyone know differently?

PS: It is reasonable to hope that CRT will make a particular effort to monitor that the promised closure of G jetty actually happens, given the poor reputation for truthfulness of those involved.

Good job I moved from G pontoon then!

Then why do you post as if you are?

He made a mistake?

He posted the content of something he received without explanation, rather than topping and tailing it with words of his own

Richard

So they move boats from one jetty to another as theyre not at full occupancy,so have the space,thereby not actually reducing the amount of customers and revenue but supposedly closing part of g jetty so it cant be reused by new moorers? They won't close any of it,no CRT go in to check occupancy above twice a year so g jetty can stay full and they get a reduced naa fee but havent lost out themselves? Well,theres a pat on the back PL

As I understood it, they have to physically remove the pontoon from the water and then have it checked by CRT in order for the capacity reduction to count. Apparently CRT did suggest this a long time ago when PLM had trouble with payments, that they could do a temporary reduction in capacity until bookings picked up, but they were unwilling to do this at that time.

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards,

Roy Rollings

Director

www.pillingslock.com

@pillingslock

And with one bound - he was free!

Bob

As I understood it, they have to physically remove the pontoon from the water and then have it checked by CRT in order for the capacity reduction to count. Apparently CRT did suggest this a long time ago when PLM had trouble with payments, that they could do a temporary reduction in capacity until bookings picked up, but they were unwilling to do this at that time.

Lets hope thats the case,as if not i dont see g jetty being empty at all Edited by SoosieQ

As expected bull billy(Roy) is in dream land..If they don't get their act together by the 14th April then its action stations by C&RT!!

So says Phil in an email i have just received...

So, uh, post a copy of that email, Dave!

cheers.gif