Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

I trust him as well. That won't stop the bombardment of communications. I want to take the opportunity to point out some of the hard work going on behind the scenes. I wasn't aware until I had a 'phone discussion with Dan about one of the posts I made in this thread

Richard

Given the imminence of the blocking off of Pillings on Monday, if I were Mr Lillie I'd be concentrating all my efforts on concluding negotiations with CRT, not focusing my efforts on stopping a trivial discussion on a web discussion forum.

I think the bombardment of communications Richard says is coming from Pillings today of all days means either they have it in the bag, or have given up hope.

My money is on the latter.

MtB

Given the imminence of the blocking off of Pillings on Monday, if I were Mr Lillie I'd be concentrating all my efforts on concluding negotiations with CRT, not focusing my efforts on stopping a trivial discussion on a web discussion forum.

I think the bombardment of communications Richard says is coming from Pillings today of all days means either they have it in the bag, or have given up hope.

MtB

Ah - but you're forgetting - PL isn't involved in the discussions with CRT is he?

(Where IS that tongue-in-check smiley)?

Ed to correct idiocy.

Edited by Pen n Ink

MtB

I didn't explain myself very well. I don't know what is going on between CWDF and PL today. I do know that, in the past, this is what has happened. I am assuming that is what is happening today as it is what has happened before

Richard

This is factually incorrect and Slander.
The vessel in question had a Tort Notice on it as there was a marina bill of over £1500 outstanding and the owner went AWOL - we even contacted the Police as we assumed he was dead!
The vessel had the drive linkage disabled at our request as we had to protect the vessel from any potential theft (keys were in the house where the owner lived and later missing) and also we had a Tort notice to recover our owed money which was considerable. Redwood Collections dealt with this matter formally.
The owner eventually re-appeared and paid his outstanding bill in instalments, but payments were never up to scratch.
The owner departed the Marina last week (still owing a few hundred quid) - there was still a Tort notice in place and had an unpaid bill. The owner actually couldn't pay the bill and therefore offered us a used Generator as payment which we accepted as it was better than nothing!!!
This person quoting this is damaging the reputations of the businesses involved and any post that refers to this matter incorrectly needs to be removed.
Thank you
Paul Lillie Director, Pilling's Lock Marina
pillingsbackoffice@btconnect.com

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Oh the irony

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

You couldnt make that up

• Greenie 1

no defence from PL/PLM/PLT regarding alleged tyre drilling/ heating system disabling, what's the excuse for doing that? Or

,as someone suggested, maybe it was poltergeists, in which case, who would want to moor at a "haunted marina"?

Because it doesn't warrant a response - it's utter nonsense.

Perhaps I'll post about how John Lillie is a nice person, but that too would be a lie (and all together far less plausible!) All three of his children (who don't speak to him) would testify to this.

The way in which JL seems intent on attacking his son (he has done this physically too) is beyond unpleasant.

csh, welcome back. Any chance of those figures you were going to look out for me please (reference below) ?

Ta duck.

csh, on 27 Feb 2014 - 6:15 PM, said:snapback.png

Phantasm, you are not reading the posts. PLM did pay, then struggled to pay and made part payments. Those part payments were due to the fact that they reduced their mooring fees. So the money levied from the moorers as part of their fees was forwarded to CaRT. A reduced payment to reflect reduced mooring fees. CaRT then stopped banking the payments and insisted on the full amount. No negotiation. No compromise.

Drop_Shunt, on 27 Feb 2014 - 6:37 PM, said:

Hi csh,

It sounds like you have the relevant facts and figures to hand, so, to save me doing the legwork, over what time period were the agreed NAA payments made in full please ? I believe that the requirement to make payment in full was phased in over a number of years from the opening of the marina, and I don't have the information to hand to do the maths myself, so it would be very interesting to see when the dispute first arose - I had until your post been under the impression that the agreed payments had never been made !

csh, on 27 Feb 2014 - 6:51 PM, said:snapback.png

Drop_Shunt, I'll look into that and send you the information.

Now that CSH is back from his extended absence perhaps he would care to hold good on his promises to provide information on all the payments made to CRT?

Great minds think alike! Cross post with Drop_Shunt!

Ed - Cross post

Edited by Pen n Ink

csh, welcome back. Any chance of those figures you were going to look out for me please (reference below) ?

C'mon, don't press the boy. He was only kidding when he promised to get the figures.

There weren't any payments! As any fule kno.

MtB

Oh please. But glad that JL accepts the physical abuse and I can confirm that all three of his children are far happier without him in their lives.

But to the topic.

The new NAA will be signed as soon as possible. The meeting between RR and PS ironed out some stipulations and both CRT's and our solicitors are working together to have it finalised.

John, try and get on with your own life. So sad. Really it is.

As you can imagine we have had more pressing things occupying our time.

FYI we paid close to £50k. Regardless of your views, a fledging business having to pay 9% of their full occupancy during a recession when they have invested £4 million and CRT NOTHING, needs addressing. Phil Spencer cannot even explain how he reached the figure of 9%.

This argument will run and run. My only concern is moving forward with CRT and ensuring our customers have continued access to the waterways.

well, it looks as though this thread might be drawing to a close if CSH is being truthful, so I would just like to thank all the staff at PLM/PLT/QMP/QMH for the many happy hours I have spent following events as they unfolded over the past few months, it has been most entertaining, thoroughly enjoyed it

FYI we paid close to £50k. Regardless of your views, a fledging business having to pay 9% of their full occupancy during a recession when they have invested £4 million and CRT NOTHING, needs addressing. Phil Spencer cannot even explain how he reached the figure of 9%.

This argument will run and run. My only concern is moving forward with CRT and ensuring our customers have continued access to the waterways.

How come other marinas have managed?

Your concerns are a few years late.

well, it looks as though this thread might be drawing to a close if CSH is being truthful, so I would just like to thank all the staff at PLM/PLT/QMP/QMH for the many happy hours I have spent following events as they unfolded over the past few months, it has been most entertaining, thoroughly enjoyed it

Possibly the only enjoyment in JL's life. You have my pity.

How come other marinas have managed?

More pertinently, how will Pillings manage in the future when all they could find in eight years was £50k?

And if £50k was really paid, which I doubt, why was this not taken into account in the judgement awarded to CRT?

MtB

I suggest you read the entire thread Ssscruddy - there are VERY personal remarks made about PL - I would not say that all members of the forum have behaved.

Indeed.

Some have been very untrustworthy with their financial commitments.

• Greenie 1

I suggest you read the entire thread Ssscruddy - there are VERY personal remarks made about PL - I would not say that all members of the forum have behaved.

And the answer to my two questions please?

Thanks

MtB