Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Well I'm staggered.

Every chair in that dining room is different and I thought the place was supposed to be posh.

Looks like somewhere my parents might have furnished back in the 80's. But then maybe they are the sort of punters PL is trying to attract...

I cant believe this thread has digressed to discussions about chair decor. The weather must be 'orrible and no ones cruisin.

Your imagination must be very lacking, I can believe much stranger things than that before breakfast

Richard

I cant believe this thread has digressed to discussions about chair decor. The weather must be 'orrible and no ones cruisin.

And now you're turning it into a meta-discussion. A discussion about the contents of the discussion.

:)

MtB

And now you're turning it into a meta-discussion. A discussion about the contents of the discussion.

MtB

And I guess that's the start of a metametadiscussion; a discussion about the discussion about the contents of the discussion.

Maybe we should have stuck to the furniture (anyone remember Carry on Camping?)

Anyone would think that the world is against Paul Lillie..What ever he is connected to gets slagged off!

Anyone know of his good points?

Half watching a documentry about ships built on the Clyde last night.

This time it was a cable laying ship that was commisioned to collect the bodies of deceased from the Titanic..

It was stated that the Titanic sunk on the 14th APRIL !!!

Phil sure picks his moments doesn't he!

• Greenie 1

Dangerous Dave, on 08 Apr 2014 - 1:59 PM, said:

It was stated that the Titanic sunk on the 14th APRIL !!!

Phil sure picks his moments doesn't he!

What else happened 14th April ?

1865 - President Abraham Lincoln is shot by John Wilkes Booth at Ford's Theater

1940 - Allied troops land in Norway

1960 - 1st underwater launching of Polaris missile

1971 - President Nixon ends blockade against People's Republic of China

1999 - NATO mistakenly bombs a convoy of ethnic Albanian refugees - Yugoslav officials say 75 people are killed.

2005 - The U.S. Oregon Supreme Court nullifies marriage licenses issued to gay couples a year earlier by Multnomah County.

2007 - At least 200,000 demonstrators in Ankara, Turkey protest against the possible candidacy of incumbent Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

2008 - 42nd CMT Music Awards: Taylor Swift & Trace Adkins wins

2010 - Icelandic Volcano Eyjafjallajökull begins erupting from the top crater in the centre of the glacier

2013 - 20 people are killed in attacks in Mogadishu, Somalia

2013 - 33 people are killed after a bus tumbled off a cliff in Trujillo, Peru

2013 - 11 people are killed and 50 are injured after a hotel fire in Xiangyang, China

2014 - Pillings Lock Marina Blockaded

Edited by Alan de Enfield

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CS_Mackay-Bennett

Titanic sank on the 12th April.

Titanic left Southampton on the 10th April..Four days into the sail she hit the iceberg..14th April 1912

That is unless Wiki is getting things crossed.

Amazing thing is 100 years later they identified the unknown toddler as described last night..Choked me up that piece of the story!

What else happened 14th April ?

1865 - President Abraham Lincoln is shot by John Wilkes Booth at Ford's Theater

1940 - Allied troops land in Norway

1960 - 1st underwater launching of Polaris missile

1971 - President Nixon ends blockade against People's Republic of China

1999 - NATO mistakenly bombs a convoy of ethnic Albanian refugees - Yugoslav officials say 75 people are killed.

2005 - The U.S. Oregon Supreme Court nullifies marriage licenses issued to gay couples a year earlier by Multnomah County.

2007 - At least 200,000 demonstrators in Ankara, Turkey protest against the possible candidacy of incumbent Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

2008 - 42nd CMT Music Awards: Taylor Swift & Trace Adkins wins

2010 - Icelandic Volcano Eyjafjallajökull begins erupting from the top crater in the centre of the glacier

2013 - 20 people are killed in attacks in Mogadishu, Somalia

2013 - 33 people are killed after a bus tumbled off a cliff in Trujillo, Peru

2013 - 11 people are killed and 50 are injured after a hotel fire in Xiangyang, China

2014 - Pillings Lock Marina Blockaded

Oh no...This will add to his ego if he is reading this!!

Anyone would think that the world is against Paul Lillie..What ever he is connected to gets slagged off!

Anyone know of his good points?

According to the man himself his good points are project management, operations management, business planning, program management, contract negotiations, customer service, new business development, management, business strategy (taken from his LinkedIn page). ROFLMAO

ETA - iirc he studied drama at college, he's definitely a good actor

Edited by Phantasm