What has it got in its pocketses?

AidanLincs

Featured Posts

There are quire a few anecdotes about phones, etc, taking a dunking, and lots of sage advice about the things that you really don't want to keep in your pockets when you're out on the cut, but what about the reverse?

When you're navigating, what things do you like to have within arm's reach?

:) Flask of tea, sarnies, canal guide, camera, rasta style woolie hat if its a bit nippy and a big floppy purple hat complete with flowers if its warmish, oh !!and not forgetting plenty of mint humbugs to help me concentrate going through bridge holes and gently ambling past other boats :) nearly forgot a radio, as I like to sing along as I am travelling along, quietly near moored boats but loudly!! when only the herons and coots and moorhens an swans are around :)

I think I'm quite surprised at how many smokers are in.

The numbers may be artificially slewed because many smokers find it harder to be kept apart from their "ciggies" than the rest of us do to be kept apart from our essentials.

When boating, one thing I try to have always to hand is a small camera.

My iPod and headphones so I can listen to Gilbert & Sullivan's HMS Pinafore rather loudly singing the arias much to the amusement of those on the tow path...I've also got a few iPod tracks with the gentle 'put put' of expensive vintage engines to drown out the dull timbre of my Lister Canalstar....Sunglasses, doggie poo bags and a hanky!

I find it odd that no-one else has mentioned this, as I'm sure I'm not alone, but when single handing on long cruises I have an empty plastic pint glass handy behind the rear coaming (the joys of the semi-trad stern).

Is that too much information? :blush: