Who to contact at CRT regarding property query?

junior

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, jam said:

If Cheshire West and Chester council are anything like Cheshire East, any application for planning within around a 1000 metres of the canal will involve the council planning to automatically inform CRT of the application and ask them for comments.

It seems to be same here in Worcestershire but to be fair CRT were sensible. 

We are on the Cheshi Shropshire border (Shropshire Council). CRT were an absolute nightmare and objected to our initial plan and then when we changed it in line with what they wanted they still objected as it wasnt in keeping. It was a 70s bungalow and and is still a bungalow now, same render colur with little difference in appearance from the canal..... Shropshire Council ruled in our favour on both occasions (the initial plans and the revised plans). Ultimately the decision lies with the council and we had some great pre planning advice from them and great supporting statements from nearby neighbours.

I did try and engage wirh someone from CRT initially but they wouldn't give any advice informally without PP application or paying them a fee.

Be aware that even the slightest change is likely to result in some form of ecology survey if you are in a rural area. £1k later - No bats, ah but you're nxt to a canal and countryside and bats like water so there may be bats nearby so we want another bat survey - another £1k. Oh ducks my climb out of the canal into the garden whilst work is taking place so you need security fencing up to stop ducks and other wildlife getting in (forget the fact ducks can fly)!

Edited by EnglishRose

Just now, jonathanA said:

And if its not bats then it will be water voles especially by the canal....

Indeed. They also looked for newts too.

After £2k + and no bats the irony was 2 days later I was in the kitchen in the middle of the day and a bat flew in through the kitchen window and took up residence in the corner of the room and refused to leave (took us ages to get the bu&&er out)

9 hours ago, EnglishRose said:

After £2k + and no bats the irony was 2 days later I was in the kitchen in the middle of the day and a bat flew in through the kitchen window and took up residence in the corner of the room and refused to leave (took us ages to get the bu&&er out)

Should have used a bit of salt. I've found it works with a bit of battery very well 😊

12 hours ago, EnglishRose said:

Try getting a scared young magpie out which has hidden under the bed (and then anywhere else it can find, like under a bookcase) -- all round the house, bird sh*t everywhere, wouldn't leave even with open doors and windows -- finally cornered it in the bathroom with the door shut and got it out through the window. At least it was easy to clean in there... 😞

Yes I tried coaxing it out, leaving it alone, all the usual things, it wasn't having any of it 😞

Edited by IanD

1 hour ago, IanD said:

Try getting a scared young magpie out which has hidden under the bed (and then anywhere else it can find, like under a bookcase) -- all round the house, bird sh*t everywhere, wouldn't leave even with open doors and windows -- finally cornered it in the bathroom with the door shut and got it out through the window. At least it was easy to clean in there... 😞

Yes I tried coaxing it out, leaving it alone, all the usual things, it wasn't having any of it 😞

We had a terrified moorhen in the barge once. It had been stalking the back deck and became frightened when I approached then made the error of going inside. 

Obviously it was like Bill Oddie (much more scared of you than you are of him) and it is remarkable how much excess weight they can shift in the form of guano to make flying away easier. The floor needed a good clean once it left. 

The best thing is to not get agitated about it so I just sat down and waited for it to go but it did do a fair bit of toileting beforehand. 

Edited by magnetman

2 hours ago, IanD said:

You plainly have too many shiny things in the house ;) 

2 hours ago, IanD said:

That's where a 22 air pistol comes in very very useful😱

34 minutes ago, Jon57 said:

Probably his crown possibly. 

Yes, I'd been sitting and polishing it all day to make up for not having anything shiny and brass on the boat... 😉

20 minutes ago, GUMPY said:

That's where a 22 air pistol comes in very very useful😱

You mean so I could have shot myself in the foot, and then hobbled off to A&E and left SWMBO to deal with it? 😉

Edited by IanD

Just this morning a friend was telling me he's got to have a bat survey before he can convert his loft. Apparently, it has recently become compulsory across the borough. Sound a bit expensive just to check for bat droppings.

5 hours ago, IanD said:

You mean so I could have shot myself in the foot, and then hobbled off to A&E and left SWMBO to deal with it?

Are you that bad a shot?