Unlimited fines for dumping sewage

GUMPY

Featured Posts

Good news 

The government are proposing unlimited fines for any sewage dumping.

The even better news is the fines are ringfenced to be used for the improvement of waterways so CRT will get the money and the  maintainence backlog will disappear overnight.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Good news 

The even better news is the fines are ringfenced to be used for the improvement of waterways so CRT will get the money and the  maintainence backlog will disappear overnight.

Good! I'll drink to that!

46 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Good news 

After the next election?

51 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Good news 

That's not how I interpreted the news last night. I took them to be saying the fines would be ring-fenced for improving the inadequate sewage treatment facilities.

Still good news though. 

IF it happens...

54 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Good news 

How is it good news. Water users are going to be paying the fines via their water bill and water users are going to be paying for the infrastructure to reduce sewage being put into rivers via their water bill.

1 minute ago, Tonka said:

How is it good news. Water users are going to be paying the fines via their water bill and water users are going to be paying for the infrastructure to reduce sewage being put into rivers via their water bill.

Who else is supposed to pay for it?

1 hour ago, Loddon said:

so CRT will get the money and the  maintainence backlog will disappear overnight.

9 minutes ago, MtB said:

That's not how I interpreted the news last night. I took them to be saying the fines would be ring-fenced for improving the inadequate sewage treatment facilities.

Still good news though. 

IF it happens...

Must admit I looked at todays date and thought that maybe @Loddon was being a little tongue in cheek..

• Greenie 3
  • Happy 1

1 minute ago, magnetman said:

Probably good news for boaters who don't have a water bill. 

If it happens but its probably just worthless vote catching nonsense. 

It's good news for everyone self-evidently, because a pathway to stop the shit in our rivers is being being orgnised.

9 minutes ago, MtB said:

Who else is supposed to pay for it?

It should be the water companies, instead of posting billions of £ of profit and paying they're top brass millions in 'bonuses' for making money by not processing sewage and dumping it into rivers and beaches!!

• Greenie 3

30 minutes ago, MtB said:

According to the BBC

"Currently, such money goes to the Treasury - but the plans will see money instead funnelled to the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra).

The proposed "water restoration fund" will be used to help restore wetlands, create new habitats in important nature sites and better manage rivers, the government is expected to say."

So not being spent on canals or on improving sewage treatment facilities.

AA19kVWW.img?w=768&h=432&m=6

Intriguing picture. 

Why are these two outfalls not mixed earlier on and both discharged via the rather attractive brick lined drain? 

Is the pipe the one for plastic waste output with some sort of plastic waste macerator further up the system?

Hopefully discussions are being had about plastic. I'd rather shit in the River than plastic to be honest as it breaks down naturally. 

8 minutes ago, magnetman said:

I'd rather shit in the River than plastic to be honest as it breaks down naturally. 

I've never managed to pass plastic, the former is the only one I could manage to do if there was no other choice.

Are you an android?

• Greenie 1

31 minutes ago, David Mack said:

According to the BBC

"Currently, such money goes to the Treasury - but the plans will see money instead funnelled to the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra).

The proposed "water restoration fund" will be used to help restore wetlands, create new habitats in important nature sites and better manage rivers, the government is expected to say."

So not being spent on canals or on improving sewage treatment facilities.

If canals get any shallower the sides could be classed as wetlands, so money available??