CRT training vlockies today, wrongly

LadyG

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, frangar said:

Can I just say it wasn’t me that reported it…I’m quite capable of looking after myself! 

Awwww. Are you feeling threatened?? 😂

Quite ironic given how you have treated other posters over the years on here. Still bully’s never like it when people fight back. 

I’m not feeling threatened - for various reasons, including that your threat wasn’t directed at me. But I do have some sense of fair play and he wot started it should not escape the public wrath of Athy.
Picking up on personal comment about me, can you provide any evidence of where I have posted threats of physical violence? Or are you just making it up as part of a smoke screen?

• Unimpressed 1

3 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I’m not feeling threatened - for various reasons, including that your threat wasn’t directed at me. But I do have some sense of fair play and he wot started it should not escape the public wrath of Athy.
Picking up on personal comment about me, can you provide any evidence of where I have posted threats of physical violence? Or are you just making it up as part of a smoke screen?

By the admission of your own tagline would be a start I think….being a bully doesn’t always mean you threaten violence…just belittling those you think beneath you will hurt some….and why would I need a smokescreen?? I totally stand by my posts…I see no reason to deflect from them. 

16 minutes ago, frangar said:

By the admission of your own tagline would be a start I think….being a bully doesn’t always mean you threaten violence…just belittling those you think beneath you will hurt some….and why would I need a smokescreen?? I totally stand by my posts…I see no reason to deflect from them. 

My tagline was a quote from a rogue mod long since departed. Sorry if you find it threatening or bullying, I suggest that taking a long lie down in a darkened room would be a good remedy. Oh and I am 6’5” so nearly everyone is beneath me. Perhaps you think I should have my legs cut down a bit?

• Unimpressed 1

1 minute ago, nicknorman said:

My tagline was a quote from a rogue mod long since departed. Sorry if you find it threatening or bullying, I suggest that taking a long lie down in a darkened room would be a good remedy. Oh and I am 6’5” so nearly everyone is beneath me. Perhaps you think I should have my legs cut down a bit?

I find you quite a few things but as I said I’m quite capable of looking after myself…..no need for you to worry about me…

I've had one o

21 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

May be 6' 5" but will never be as big as your ego. Stop it boys.

I know that for some of you it is hard to behave like a man but do try to control your aggression, its not good on the forum.

I've had one of them on ignore for two years, I think you can guess which one ;)

Certain people behave badly at every opportunity,  and social media provides a perfect outlet for them.

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

he wot started it should not escape the public wrath of Athy.

Oi! I don't do public wrath. I may sometimes offer guidance, as the other moddies also do. If guidance is not heeded, wrath may occur behind the scenes - but in fact it rarely does, because most CWFers are reasonable people.

Locking and vlockies seem to bring out the most heated debates. Possibly because it's really the only interesting bit of mucking about on the cut, unless you're into collecting bridge numbers, spotting out of date licences, or identifying cows.

And as everybody has a different way of doing them, and welcoming or not welcoming help, we can discuss it for ages. And ages. And ages...

4 minutes ago, MtB said:

May we infer you know of some who aren't, then? 

Check the politics section for exceptional examples of purely rational debate...

• Greenie 1

22 minutes ago, MtB said:

May we infer you know of some who aren't, then? 

You may infer what you will.

I'm sure you can think of a few who are collectively known as "ex-members".

9 hours ago, Athy said:

Whilst I'm sure you meant this as a joke, the post has been reported to us.

Please avoid posting comments which could be construed as a threat.

Apologies to all if it came across wrong. I was hoping the "efficiently" addendum to "I will kill you" would be sensed as a joke in the context, rather than anything literal. Of course, if someone DID attack me with a windlass I could/would use reasonable force to defend myself, as allowed in the law. Doubtless there would be a lot of admin, filling in of forms, police interviews etc afterwards and would royally mess up my progress along the canal.

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Apologies to all if it came across wrong. I was hoping the "efficiently" addendum to "I will kill you" would be sensed as a joke in the context, rather than anything literal. Of course, if someone DID attack me with a windlass I could/would use reasonable force to defend myself, as allowed in the law. Doubtless there would be a lot of admin, filling in of forms, police interviews etc afterwards and would royally mess up my progress along the canal.

Yes, but once out of costume the forum police will never catch you 👍 

2 hours ago, MrsM said:

Wish I knew who everyone was so I could say hello. X

It doesn't work like that. We remember the names of people's boats,but only vaguely the people on them. I suffer from this face-blindness thing, so I don't recognise anyone, ever, including my wife and kids fairly often.

Luckily my boat name is fairly memorable, even if I'm not, so I do get greeted by forum members, when I have to disguise my confusion as I haven't a clue who they are or the fact that I've met them many times before.

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

It doesn't work like that. We remember the names of people's boats,but only vaguely the people on them. I suffer from this face-blindness thing, so I don't recognise anyone, ever, including my wife and kids fairly often.

Luckily my boat name is fairly memorable, even if I'm not, so I do get greeted by forum members, when I have to disguise my confusion as I haven't a clue who they are or the fact that I've met them many times before.

I think that’s very much it. 
I only remember the person in context with the boat and it’s usually the boat that get’s recognised first. 
If I have someone in contacts it’s usually their first name followed by their boat name such as Dave Vox (Dmr as we all know him). 

Edited by Goliath

28 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

You are right. I wish I'd checked other forum names before signing up. Truth is I hate choosing a pseudonym and my mind goes blank every time. I wish I had used my real name (Marianne) or boat name (Aventine). When our boat is painted in September that might be a good time to change my forum name - assuming I can figure out how to do it! I love your boat's name, Arthur 😊

8 minutes ago, MrsM said:

You are right. I wish I'd checked other forum names before signing up. Truth is I hate choosing a pseudonym and my mind goes blank every time. I wish I had used my real name (Marianne) or boat name (Aventine). When our boat is painted in September that might be a good time to change my forum name - assuming I can figure out how to do it! I love your boat's name, Arthur 😊

You recognised our boat's name !😁