Jump to content

Featured Posts

It was on last night but they are just too annoying,so I mostly didn't watch, just catching a few snippets.

I see Sheila has been taking steering lessons from Tim.

The towpath seemed to change sides every time they switched between boat level and drone shots.

Then they went up Wolverhampton Bottom Lock, Sheila moaning all the while about having to do 21 locks, apparently having not noticed the locks they had already passed through since leaving Stourport. Then they left the boat on the lock mooring while taking a taxi into Wolverhampton. Having returned they were then back on the S&W, with no mention of having to go backwards down the bottom lock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched the program last night and enjoyed it! Ok as a boater you could see the things you mention but the program was not produced with the aim of pleasing boaters, I imagine. I enjoyed their obvious enjoyment of  canal boating and the little chats about their relationship I thought were lovely. I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed Tim and Pru and I enjoyed their programs. 

I think this was the last in a short series but I would have enjoyed watching more 

 

haggis

  • Greenie 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, haggis said:

I watched the program last night and enjoyed it! Ok as a boater you could see the things you mention but the program was not produced with the aim of pleasing boaters, I imagine. I enjoyed their obvious enjoyment of  canal boating and the little chats about their relationship I thought were lovely. I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed Tim and Pru and I enjoyed their programs. 

I think this was the last in a short series but I would have enjoyed watching more 

 

haggis

That sums up my feelings too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, rustynewbery said:

It's good for continuity watching; since when was there a row of houses opposite Westport lake?!  

 

I haven't watched the programme, but there's a whole estate just across the bridge from the visitor centre carpark.

 

Looks like it's been there for 20 years or longer.

 

Edit: Built in 2004/5

Edited by TheBiscuits
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suppose if you watch theses things with the eagle eye of an experienced boater, especially one with long experience of this canal, it was all a bit disjointed. One scene showed them leaving Kinver, then nearing Autherly junction only to appear on the Wolverhampton 21. However, I don't think these programmes are made for any other purpose than entertainment and should just be accepted as such. However, how old Sheila puts up with the Brandreth boy is beyond me. Small doses recommended.

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, doratheexplorer said:

I may watch it at some point and recognise it.

May Watch, you have got to watch it now and tell us all the answer, its in the last 20 minutes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Laurie Booth I.S.M. said:

Does anyone know the name and location of the pub they had the Indian meal at?

We were thinking the same having stopped in Wolverhampton a few nights last year. Looked delicious food!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, sueb said:

Plenty of actors have experience of boats. Mark Williams and others have come via Mikron

 

David Suchet is a keen boater I think?  We looked at his old boat at ABNB when we we're looking....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Laurie Booth I.S.M. said:

Does anyone know the name and location of the pub they had the Indian meal at?

The external scenes show Sheila and Giles walking towards the Bruford Arms, which looks like this place: https://www.facebook.com/mrbrufordarms/

Certainly looks to be worth a visit if I pass that way.
Simon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, robtheplod said:

David Suchet is a keen boater I think?  We looked at his old boat at ABNB when we we're looking....

.. or what about Ronnie O'Sullivan? Although he has sold his boat now. Suppose he'd always be bouncing off things....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Simon Pooley said:

The external scenes show Sheila and Giles walking towards the Bruford Arms, which looks like this place: https://www.facebook.com/mrbrufordarms/

Certainly looks to be worth a visit if I pass that way.
Simon

Looks right, not sure how far away it is from the canal. Thanks :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, robtheplod said:

David Suchet is a keen boater I think?  We looked at his old boat at ABNB when we we're looking....

Patron of the Lichfield and Hatherton restoration society.

13 hours ago, sueb said:

Plenty of actors have experience of boats. Mark Williams and others have come via Mikron

 

Harrison Ford and Callista Flockheart should present the next series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.