Baby

Rufford

Featured Posts

Congratulations, I am pleased to read that all has gone well - boy or girl ?

We have five children, and all are boys. As our boys are now in their twenties and thirties I have now advanced through to the other side of parenthood to the point where I have got my life back, as well as five grandchildren (so far !!!) captain.gif

Baby is here. All healthy and happy.

Tired.

Can't fathom why people would have more than one child unless they really are a glutton for punishment

Big congrats :) what a time it is, life long memory for anyone.

And some have more than one, two three four ..... for the financial benefit ;)

Congratulations! The first 30 years are the worst

So true!

I worked out that when you first have them, babies test your limits, and just as you gain experience at dealing with them, they grow older to keep texting your limits.

That's why grandparents are so calm, they have the experience of babies right up to young adults.

Anyway congratulations, enjoy the journey - it lasts a long time.

Edited by cuthound

Well the independent schools of Bristol as well as the Higher Education facilities at Hull (twice), Wrexham, Exeter and South Bank, London financially benefited directly from my bank account captain.gif

ok

Congratulationscheers.gif

I don't have any children as looking for the right woman to settle down with. My Dads 2nd cousin had 9 children, 7 boys and 2 girls. The oldest must be mid 40's now. The mother died of cancer and lingered for a year in pain and when we visited her before she died that she would rather give birth to all 9 than have the pain of the cancer.

The father died around 5 years later. At the time they had 40 grandchildren!! The mom loved children and the grandchild. After his wife died he sold the house in Toddington and bought an ex council house at Bishops Cleeve. They were a lovely couple.

Jamescheers.gif

Edited by canals are us?

Congratulations!

I have just the one child (IVF baby). The reason people have more than one is that it is such a bloody steep learning curve you feel that it is a crime not to use that learning!

It was not to be in my case ( 40yo mother with a baby with all her fingers, all her toes and all her marbles, seemed a good time to call it a day!) but we did consider it, then I remembered the work up to the IVF treatment. Beats labour into a cocked hat!

Congratulations from the father of two girls both now in their 30s.

The reason people have more than one is illustrated by my wife and I. I had a sibling she hadn't. Over the years the number of things which have come up in conversation which she missed out on due to no sibling and now as simple as, I see my brother often, her nearest living relation is a cousin many years younger.

The children IMO gain massively for not being the only one.