Cyclist attacks woman on towpath.

Jerra

Featured Posts

Saw this on Guardian website (which is presumably where the copy and picture were lifted from.

It is worth having a look a s there is a clear picture of the cyclist, so can't be long before he is named.

Save you having to go to NBW:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/dec/15/dog-walker-attacked-cyclist-chorlton-manchester

Edited by dor

Saw this on Guardian website (which is presumably where the copy and picture were lifted from.

It is worth having a look a s there is a clear picture of the cyclist, so can't be long before he is named.

Save you having to go to NBW:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/dec/15/dog-walker-attacked-cyclist-chorlton-manchester

LOL

The woman must have taken the picture, which is one of the clearest mugshots I've ever seen. However, how come it's taken 2 months to get into the papers?

Well spotted. It only came on the news website yesterday Dated 15th) , I just assumed it was current.

The woman must have taken the picture, which is one of the clearest mugshots I've ever seen. However, how come it's taken 2 months to get into the papers?

Manchester Police checking witness credibility, circumstantial evidence, etc before starting a manhunt?

They'll never find him from that picture: those glasses might be a disguise or he could even be riding someone else's bike. He might even deny it, then where would we be? Crikey, if they take as long again as they have so far, he might have forgotten doing it!

Can't really se what the relevance of 'cyclist' is to the matter. Appears a man attacked a woman over a dog. He happened to be using a bike. If he had been walking would the article have been titled 'middle aged walker attacks woman'?

If they trying to identify this person or obtain witnesses then been described as a cyclist is relevant. Edited by Robbo

no excuse for that behaviour but could the woman taking his picture be the reason he flipped?

According to the Manchester Evening News dated 14th DEec

She was grabbed by her hair and pushed into the bridge’s metal railings before being thrown down steps.

She ran away but returned with her mobile phone and took the picture.

If that is the correct sequence of events then no the photo wasn't the problem

........... only a cyclist would be so violent. everybody else is reasonable and avoids conflict. rolleyes.gif

A quick google suggested that the cyclists are more likely to be attacked than do the attacking. However coupled with the damages claim by a cyclist for a dog on a lead causing an accident I was intrigued. IT would appear dog walkers (not that I would normally defend them) can't do right for doing wrong.

On a lead the lead causes the accident ( OK yes I know it only a particular type of lead) off the lead so nothing is stretched across the path and they get attacked.