Cyclist attacks woman on towpath.

Jerra

Featured Posts

Might also be worth noting that Jacksons Bridge is not on the Rochdale nine as implied in the NBW article but is in fact a footbridge over the unavigable River Mersey in near Chorlton Cum Hardy. So nowhere near a towpath.

It's not too far from the towpath on the Bridgewater Canal :) but it is the "towpath like" pathway along the banks of the River Mersey.

The bridge in question.

1201JacksonsBoat_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jp

By the look of that it wouldn't have mattered if the dog was on a lead or not there wouldn't have been room for a person and bike let alone person dog and bike. I assume it is the steps we can see or the equivalent on the other side that she was pushed down.

you did not type that with a straight face!

Damn! I've been rumbled!

Ok forgiven! I didn't read the report, for obvious reasons...

Just as well you didn't Mike the bad grammar would have offended you!

I had a look at the picture in the Guardian. I would say the cyclist is halfway cross the bridge. What evidence is there that cyclist picked her up and threw her down a flight of three steps? She could have easily trip over her own dog. What was the dog doing at the time? Surely the dog would have defended his owner and attacked the cyclist.

According to the Manchester Evening News dated 14th DEec

She was grabbed by her hair and pushed into the bridge’s metal railings before being thrown down steps.

She ran away but returned with her mobile phone and took the picture.

If that is the correct sequence of events then no the photo wasn't the problem

I find it hard to believe that a lady that had been attacked like that would return to her attacker after running away.

I find it hard to believe that a lady that had been attacked like that would return to her attacker after running away.

Some reports say the photo was taken between her head being banged on the railings and being thrown down the steps. Hence my if

Off topic (a bit)...only links Crime and Chorlton.

The GMP have only just released CCTV footage (which was on the BBC national news) of the thieves who stole c. 200 Xmas trees from our local convenience store in Chorlton three weeks ago. Clearly there must be a reason for the delay....though in the case of he trees, they've all been sold off the back of the van by now.