Tim & Pru New Series

pig

Featured Posts

Sorry, you are right of course.

I suppose I'd have to drag them off for landfill...... unless there are any dedicated Celebrity Disposal Points on the system?

You don't need a large landfill site for Ant & Dec, they're not very big.

Absolutely, if there is no conflict or drama, there is no programme.

I'm not too convinced that having a 'celebrity' along would be the right approach, the gentle charm of Pru and Timothy is enough for me.

Plus I find the whole celeb thing an anethema, just the thought of having Ant and soddin' Dec giving it cheeky chappie routine at a lock makes me want to put them in a sack and club them repeatedly before lobbing them into the deepest part of the cut. Or the Challenger Deep.

What about having that tooth fairy chatty man presenter along doing the locks? What's his name? - Alan Carr. I really hate that bloke! He's completely unwatchable. Camp stereotypes can be fine - I used to like Frankie Howard and Julian Clary was funny, but Alan Carr is just awful. But it might be funny watching him trying to work a lock with Tim West shouting at him from the boat with Pru looking on from the bow.

Edited by Claude
  • Greenie 1

What about having that tooth fairy chatty man presenter along doing the locks? What's his name? - Alan Carr. I really hate that bloke! He's completely unwatchable.

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Dreadful, unfunny, posturing, braying git.

Not my favourite.

Comedy genius??

Not far off it anyway. The comedy duo was a dying breed and they have resuscitated it.

Oddly enough I was wondering earlier today, whatever happened to Hale & Pace, who were funny at least part of the time?

Edited by Athy

Good idea, Peter - although I suspect that, when the boat is not on camera, there are other people helping, not just the family members who occasionally materialise for a few miles.

We were moored in Bancroft basin on October 4th. when they were filming. When you see the boat exiting the lock down onto the Avon taken from a drone it's crewed by stand ins. It's probable that a lot of shots are done this way on different days. I still liked the series though.

post-7038-0-63337500-1460218996_thumb.jpgpost-7038-0-12887700-1460219026_thumb.jpgpost-7038-0-90946000-1460219045_thumb.jpgpost-7038-0-36782200-1460219064_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flyboy

We were moored in Bancroft basin on October 4th. when they were filming. When you see the boat exiting the lock down onto the Avon taken from a drone it's crewed by stand ins. It's probable that a lot of shots are done this way on different days. I still liked the series though.

attachicon.gifTim & Pru 004.jpg

Very interesting. Boat looks rather close to the cill in this one though! Edited by john6767

The Loafers just can't quite get how crap he is at steering and everything. He keeps going on about his 40 years of experience, but is rubbish at operating a narrowboat. Is it possible that he once was very good, and old age has taken over? Or was he always crap, and still is? I was better than him at the end of my first WEEK in the '70's!

The Loafers just can't quite get how crap he is at steering and everything. He keeps going on about his 40 years of experience, but is rubbish at operating a narrowboat. Is it possible that he once was very good, and old age has taken over? Or was he always crap, and still is? I was better than him at the end of my first WEEK in the '70's!

Does anyone know what size his own boat was? If he's used to steering a 40 foot boat (like mine) and is suddenly dropped into 65 foot hire boats I'm not surprised he's hitting things. I suspect I might even do so meself.

Having followed their boat up the Oxford for a while I would say it is 57/58ft. We had to tow it off when if was run around hard in the offside though. Not one of them on board though, Tim had left the boat at the lock just north of Banbury.

Very interesting. Boat looks rather close to the cill in this one though!

The boat was well clear of the cill. The stands ins seemed very competent and handled the boat well. The Kate boat 'Stephen' is 58ft.

• 1 month later...

Tim and Pru are right now having lunch in the Wharf Cafe/Bistro at Foulridge.

We saw a hire boat come south through the tunnel last night and wind then reverse back to moorings above the locks. This morning a film crew arrived followed shortly by Tim and Pru.

Eventually they departed to go through the tunnel, we were to move today, so in my wisdom thought we would leave it sometime to follow. We left it 45 minutes or more and set off.

We didn't take long to catch them in the tunnel and stopped for what seemed like ages. Wasn't an issue. We eventually came out of the tunnel and they had already moored up. The crew were apologetic if they had kept us waiting, they hadn't really. I find it interesting how filming happens, but I don't want to be seen as star struck. Tim said hello and smiled, but I guess he's fed up of all that. He seemed pleased to see us.

Wondering now if that's the end for today. It's started to rain now as well.

Martyn

• Greenie 1