Don't trust the Trust anymore.

johnswateryadventures

Featured Posts

John, take pictures and keep them every time you move especially if you have a weekend cruise somewhere different.

Good luck, seek advice - keep posting on here and there is lots of support available.

out of interest, which part of the Midlands are you currently cruising?

This sounds with respect about him, I wont talk to knobs, talk to someone who counts more, love the comment about most punchable person. You don't sound wrong to me, so be confident and do what it says in a bible somewhere ignore t''''.

Edited by DHutch

Hi John(?) welcome to the forum

There are some bad enforcement officers out there. What is this one's name please?

The reason I ask is that a friend of mine has been subjected to some entirely inaccurate statements about her travelling, and subsequent threats of enforcement, entirely unjustified.

My friend refused to speak to him further, insisted on all further correspondance to be in writing and sent an e-mail complaining about the EO's behaviour to his senior manager.

That senior manager replied to my friend, apologised on behalf of CRT and invited her to make a formal complaint, which she did. All enforcement process was lifted immediately.

It may be that you are suffering under the same man

It may be that you could find the senior manager and make a complaint if you think you are being intimidated/manipulated/lied to/treated unjustly etc.

You don't have to suffer this. My friend found an ideal solution. something similar might work for you.

I have no doubt that there will be other people along with other ideas.

Good advice to the OP I think.

Go around this EO and speak to their manager or someone else in CRT head office. Your circumstances sound like they need to be more understanding of your position and medical needs.

This sounds with respect about him, I wont talk to knobs, talk to someone who counts more, love the comment about most punchable person. You don't sound wrong to me, so be confident and do what it says in a bible somewhere ignore t###s.

Where 'enforcement' is concerned the talking should stop and all communication be in writing. That way there is a proper record of who said what for if/when it gets to court.

Just my personal opinion.

Edited by DHutch

Keep an online diary..just a few words a day or even hard copy..document when you move and how far. Include pictures and just stick to fact..meanwhile go down complaints procedure, again stick to fact not opinion.

I do hope your health improves and continue posting there are many on here who can advise and sometimes its good to share.

Patty

• Greenie 1

I think Barry s advice is very much the way forward . Though i understand entirely that there ought to be the ability to " discuss " situations , plans , intentions etc , it appears that the EO is going out of thier way to create problems for you & wind you up , frustrate & anger you .

So don t communicate with that person - go over thier heads , go official , complain formally .

Dont get mad , get even - the EO will prob get pissed off by your official complaint , good !

Request your sightings ( already done ) , point out the glaring gap in thier sightings , ask for an explanation as to why someone in CRT uniform is making unreasonable / unlawful demands for you to record your boats whereabouts , suggesting its your responsibility to provide such info to make up for CRT s ineptitude & inability .

Sounds like this EOs overstepping thier authority & needs putting back in his box . Make your complaints official & demand an explanation as to how he is being allowed to act beyond his authority

hope u get it sorted , this stuffs just getting daft . What a shame that CRT are proving hopeless & directionless though having said that , it might just be this EO acting poorly

Edited by chubby

Mikes absolutely correct . I mentioned in a thread a while back that my opinion is the same . I imagine in this situation i too would get thoroughly frustrated but dealing with individual EOs behaving unreasonably is likely to just end in more frustration .

Just go straight to official complaints . Go over the EO s head . Ask difficult questions as to EO behaviour of his superior . Keep records of all formal communication . Keep emotion out of all communication and avoid terms like " unfair " , " harassment " ( even if it actually IS ) . Keep to facts & accurate records that refute CRTs inaccurate info etc .

Be more professional than they are & i expect that CRT will not push the matter further .

I really feel that keeping to paper records , formal communication & formal complaint is the way forward in these situations & one then has a " dossier " to demonstrate how reasonable you have been & that you have sought clarification on how to get things sorted .Whereas CRT will have a series of incomplete data & staff behaving poorly will not reflect well on the organisation if things go further

You could tell them that you will contact them every time you move. This gives them the opportunity to check your movements, not miss any of your long cruises. It would be reasonable to assume that if they don't check your movements, each time you make one, these movements stand as being factual.

I did this myself by email earlier this year, by email. An even better way would be to inform them by phone. Even better still, move every few days rather than every couple of weeks, to ensure plenty of phone traffic. If enough boaters 'on the radar' took this approach the role of enforcement officer would mostly become one of a telephone receptionist. That would prompt a rethink, I would guess.

Not only would I go straight over this EO's head to his boss as advised by other's on here but I would ensure that I recorded all verbal communications with the EO in future (with the appropriate warning before doing so) so that you have an accurate account of what was said (a mobile phone will do this if you haven't any other recording device)

Usually just telling someone that you are recording the conversation tends to either make sure that they stick to REALLY accurate statements or that they don't talk to you at all and only contact you in writing....

I have to agree with Barry its good advice and will save you a world of pain in the future. Enforcement is definitely a priority with CRT its linked with the need to raise funds to do those repairs that need doing. I hope to go ccing soon and will be keeping a diary and pictures plus maybe shop receipts to prove where I have been OTT I know but its proof good luck

PS Welcome to the forum

Hi John, hope you get these such and such EO put in place, it annoys me as some day i would love the CC, upon reading all the hassle of late it is putting me off a fair bit.

How about fitting a Bow cam, like a Dash can, that streams all to there website by recording, some clever IT chap must no how to set that up. The ones like you see on the internet that have live cameras of harbours and beachs etc, The EO could sit in the office out the bloody way and watch where you are going then :)

Hi John, hope you get these such and such EO put in place, it annoys me as some day i would love the CC, upon reading all the hassle of late it is putting me off a fair bit.

How about fitting a Bow cam, like a Dash can, that streams all to there website by recording, some clever IT chap must no how to set that up. The ones like you see on the internet that have live cameras of harbours and beachs etc, The EO could sit in the office out the bloody way and watch where you are going then smile.png

Nice idea

But exceeding costly (simply in terms of data usage) for the boat owner.

If CRT would agree to it a more cost-effective way would be for boats "under surveillance" to use tracking devices to prove where they have been

Before anyone jumps on me I'm not suggesting for a minute that ALL CCers should have to do this, nor am I suggesting that it should be compulsory just that CrT should accept such evidence if provided.

For some boaters getting them to accept logs, even with photographs isn't always easy

I do wonder how I will get on when I apply for a gold license this January.

Shapfell has been off CRT / EA waters for 3 years and it's home mooring is on PLA waters (genuine one, that will be kept going while away) I fully expect it to be at least a couple of years before I get it back. (There is a lot of the system I haven't seen yet smile.png )

Enforcement officers are number crunchers .They are not management. The problem is that the job will attract Jobsworths however this is a position in CRT that has come about because of CMers.

Why do people who have to overstay for genuine reasons not simply phone CRT and obtain official permission?

Please don't be put off by anything you read on here. There are a number of people that post on here that seem to spend their whole life immersed in a pool of negativity regarding CRT and they become obsessed. That is not a true reflection of life on the cut. I think this is shown well in the CRT poll on this forum where when i last read it over 80% of those who had voted were in favour of keeping CRT.

Thousands of people manage to CC without ever having any contact with CRT except for renewing their licence annually.

Well said. cheers.gif

Boatmans comments are very true . As much as i feel that this EO s attitude is unreasonable , its entirely possible he is a " bad apple " & unfortunately it will reflect on CRT as a whole . He wears thier uniform , therefore he represents them . But , if a boater is aware theyre going to overstay for any number of reasons , then its only reasonable & responsible to be pro active & contact CRT in advance to advise of thier circumstances . In some respects this is exactly as mentioned previously , going the head of the local EO & im sure its fair to ask for an email to confirm permission if granted to overstay . Doing this will also negate the need to have verbal communication with the local EO if they are the type to go on a power trip .

At the end of the day you are a customer and you are paying dearly for what you get out of having a boat on the system. It is just plain wrong to be fearful of the authorities and intimidated by their bullying employees. Get in touch with the higher ups and if that does not get some sort of satisfaction then remember that the local press are always looking for stuff to fill their papers, be sure of your facts and dates though.

• Greenie 1