Pillings Lock Moorings

dekker

Featured Posts

I met some very nice boaters last summer, who had moored at Pillings Lock Marina for some time. They had nothing but good things to say about the management there, and implied that CaRT were the bad guys in this saga. (Maybe the people I met WERE the management!)

I met some very nice boaters last summer, who had moored at Pillings Lock Marina for some time. They had nothing but good things to say about the management there, and implied that CaRT were the bad guys in this saga. (Maybe the people I met WERE the management!)

How can going bust on purpose and not paying circa £180K of NAA make PL the "good guys" and CRT the "bad guys?"

If you have a few months to spare have a read of this:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63317&hl=+pillings+lock&page=1

Edited by Ray T

I think many most people think that C&RT were the 'baddies', after all, after giving PL £180,000 credit it is totally unreasonable to expect it to be paid back.

How can anyone criticise PL when he has only taken the money from the moorers, bought a new car, holiday home (and whatever) instead of paying it to C&RT

Some would see it as theft, some would see it as a redistribution of wealth, some would say "if we make a fuss we'll get kicked out - just like he did to his Father"

How can going bust on purpose and not paying circa £180K of NAA make PL the "good guys" and CRT the "bad guys?"

If you have a few months to spare have a read of this:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63317&hl=+pillings+lock&page=1

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the boaters I met were full of praise for the owners, supported them totally and said what a great marina it is to be moored in. As I wrote, perhaps they WERE the owners

I have seen pillings lock £1299 per year advertised. Are all the problems sorted now? Is it worth giving

this consideration?

What do you think?

I think that low low price is the result of word getting around that PL has stolen £180,000 from CRT, and any boater with a moral compass wouldn't moor there even if it were free.

They have to be cheap enough to make boaters set aside their distaste and go into denial.

(Edit to delete a superfluous worm.)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

I think that low low price is the result of word getting around that PL has stolen £180,000 from CRT, and any boater with a moral compass wouldn't moor there even if it were free.

They have to be cheap enough to make boaters set aside their distaste and them go into denial.

That must be some cruising range - River Soar to DeNile and back, should keep C&RT off the cc's case :)

He came over as such a nice chap when we had a "chat" on a Facebook group......shortly before he deleted the post...shame I didn't screen grab it as I'm sure I could have used it in court had I the mind to......

Cheers

Gareth

Why do you think they have to offer moorings at £1299 when other marinas are 80% full at the usual rate and theirs is not..

For one thing take heed at what has been said on here so far..

If you havn't got time to go through that massive thread just look at page 3 to see how a certain Paul Lilie treats his customers in a rant sent viral throughout the world when they disputed the massive fraud of overcharging of electricity.

His parents might see this thread and may repeat the story how he stole their capital of £200,000+ investing in the marina then how he premeditated getting them booted out of the site as in their home as well.

Nice marina yes but the management no !!!

People who you met are either stupid ,misled ,gullible or as you say maybe connected to the marina in some way.

If you have any ethics after reading this post so far then you will have decided to stay well clear!!

He came over as such a nice chap when we had a "chat" on a Facebook group......shortly before he deleted the post...shame I didn't screen grab it as I'm sure I could have used it in court had I the mind to......

Cheers

Gareth

I think that they have explored every chamber and experienced every judge in the small claims court against them.

All of the moorers at Pillings I know love the marina. They say that what goes on twixt CRT and the management is up to them, those I know just enjoy good moorings and say they can't go wrong at the price!

Moral bankruptcy to go with the other kind, then. Like knowingly buying stolen goods, as far as I'm concerned.

All of the moorers at Pillings I know love the marina. They say that what goes on twixt CRT and the management is up to them, those I know just enjoy good moorings and say they can't go wrong at the price!

It isn't really about what other people think though.

You need to ask yourself if you would be happy paying money to a fraudster who stole money from his clients and from CRT.

I wonder if the moorers would be so laid back if CRT had blocked the entrance off? I'm sorry but actions like Mr Lillie carries out affect us all to some extent.

Cheers

Gareth

I've just thought of a good business plan - I'll rent something, then not pay the rent. That way I can sublet it at a lower price than the competition is charging and not only make a profit but I'll look good to all my customers. Then when the initial unpaid rent crops up, I'll declare the company insolvent and start up another one.

Oh, bo****cks, its already been done. Back to the drawing board.

Offer to pay monthly, then you can't go too far wrong.

I would assume that the deal is to pay up front...Not a very good idea as it is obvious that the desperate attempt to raise funds is to pay for the first instalment of NAA ,graciously offered by the C&RT

I wonder if the moorers would be so laid back if CRT had blocked the entrance off? I'm sorry but actions like Mr Lillie carries out affect us all to some extent.

Cheers

Gareth

Who is Thunderbird trying to kid..Anyone would think that he or she is a member of the "team" with that level of old flannel!!!

I have fallen behind with the goings on at this marina and just wondered what criminal offence Mr Lillie? was convicted of and what punishment he recieved?

Thanks

Tim

although not a criminal offence, Paul Lillie was an exponent of the "glorified asset stripping" and financial wizardry more commonly known as morally corrupt. Money for the NAA was taken from moorers, along with council tax and extortionate(and illegal) electricity costs.

He owed the money (£180k)to BW, then to CRT, then made one company bankrupt and created a new phoenix company with a talented new director who was studying at university and worked in the Bistro Bar.

The new director soon moved on as the marina closure crisis passed,and the new company may or may not pay its latest bills.

Offer to pay monthly, then you can't go too far wrong.

Better if you offered to pay annually in arrears then fobbed them off for a year or two, finally bleat on social media about how unfair it is of them demanding you pay them. Finally declare yourself bankrupt to avoid paying them anything... Granted its a bit extreme, but just imagine how satisfying it would be:-) :-) ;-)

• Greenie 2

Better if you offered to pay annually in arrears then fobbed them off for a year or two, finally bleat on social media about how unfair it is of them demanding you pay them. Finally declare yourself bankrupt to avoid paying them anything... Granted its a bit extreme, but just imagine how satisfying it would be:-) :-) ;-)

Though they might chain your boat up after the first year.