Tim and Pru New series

STIG

Featured Posts

Strange how, a programme that is again somewhat brief, conjures up so much better the canal experience, than "Barging" ever did.

Think it is they Love the canals.

Edited by johnmck

I don't know why, but I'm finding the programme a bit depressing.

I've heard people raving about the Oxford, but this isn't making me feel like I'm missing out on anything by not being able to take my boat down it.

Don't be put off. Meandering down the South Oxford is always a pleasure. And that is from a true northerner!

I don't know why, but I'm finding the programme a bit depressing.

I've heard people raving about the Oxford, but this isn't making me feel like I'm missing out on anything by not being able to take my boat down it.

Not good pr for the trust.

Agree with your post.

Perhaps it was just the bit leaving Oxford that was depressing. It's looking a bit more pleasant now.

Yes, but he seems to be making an underlying sort of statement with this particular programme.

Maybe it's just me seeing something.

What a delightful programme, a bit of controversy, some poetry, nostalgia and history. Think that it is the only televiised interveiw with Sonia Rolt that I have ever seen.

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

The editing on the programming is appalling. The scenes are in a completely jumbled order e.g. scene in Thurpp mixed with scenes in Jericho. If you know the Oxford well the programming is irritating to watch.

Just seen our boat!!!!

That "canal poet laureate" was a bit of a cringe. Did she give herself that title? laugh.png

Im afraid I would have itched to tip her over...so blimmin posed it was embarrassing!

it was nice touch to dedicate tonights programme to Sonia Rolt though

the picture of the children was delightful

Edited by Chagall

I prefer it to Barging about Britain, more depth to it.

On the negative side some of the infrastructure looked shabby. We will see for ourselves as we are off that way in a couple of weeks time.

Edited by Ray T

Not good pr for the trust.

Agree with your post.

Thats cos youve both got fat boats and dont have the opportunity to go there anyway. The Oxford is one of the reasons I binned my fat boat biggrin.png .......

And my big comfy sofa sad.png

Tim

Heartwarming, touching, informative, thought provoking

Very good programme I thought.

He does crash about a bit though, its true. But some very relevent points made about the state and future of the canals

I loved the interview with Sonia Rolt....glad it was recorded while the chance was still there.

A nice programme for everyone I think.

Cheers

Gareth

Sonia was a lovely unasuming lady whom I had the pleasure to meet on several occasions. I rented property from her once and she was genuinely pleased and even appeared suprised that I had heard of her husband.

Tim