Tim and Pru New series

STIG

Featured Posts

And Smiffy.....don't forget Smiffy captain.gif

Tim and Pru are a lovely couple. Not stuck up at all said good morning to us they walked past. Tim does't take any nonsense from know it all film crews either. there was some "discussion" about where the tow-path changed sides so our Nicholsons was borrowed to prove Tim was indeed correct.

Can we advertise "As seen on TV now"??

Did you tempt Tim and Pru to try a bit of vaping?

so - my thoughts are confirmed. I don't want to ever visit London, not even in a boat!

I guess it's one of those places that can be an anti-climax to visit because you've already seen it so much on films and TV.

For me having grown up in the suburbs and been into central London a lot it just feels like a background; your average commuter just walks quickly past these world-famous places each day not bothering to look at them.

I've never been to Durham, unless you count going through it on the train...

I guess it's one of those places that can be an anti-climax to visit because you've already seen it so much on films and TV.

For me having grown up in the suburbs and been into central London a lot it just feels like a background; your average commuter just walks quickly past these world-famous places each day not bothering to look at them.

You'd think you can't get through, or moored up in London due to all those pesky CM'ers...

If anything I would feel more inclined to visit London again after watching that episode.

I am really enjoying both series.

Wasn't impressed with that boater in Little Venice though, shouting at them. They are elderly and enjoying a holiday and they don't deserve that sort of aggressive rudeness. Doesn't give a good impression of us boaters.

I am really enjoying both series.

Wasn't impressed with that boater in Little Venice though, shouting at them. They are elderly and enjoying a holiday and they don't deserve that sort of aggressive rudeness. Doesn't give a good impression of us boaters.

As I said earlier he was obviously just a bit of a knob. Probably saw 'black prince' on the side of Tim and Prue's hire boat and thought he'd be a bit of a smart arse.

You'd think you can't get through, or moored up in London due to all those pesky CM'ers...

If anything I would feel more inclined to visit London again after watching that episode.

Me too. I worked in London for 15 years and always enjoyed the diversity and vibrance. Dave wants to do the lumpy water bit on Iona - I'm a bit of a coward and not so sure about that bit.

As I said earlier he was obviously just a bit of a knob. Probably saw 'black prince' on the side of Tim and Prue's hire boat and thought he'd be a bit of a smart arse.

My thoughts too. Some folks don't realise that hire boaters might have years of experience behind them. Edited by Ange

And Smiffy.....don't forget Smiffy :captain:

Tim and Pru are a lovely couple. Not stuck up at all said good morning to us they walked past. Tim does't take any nonsense from know it all film crews either. there was some "discussion" about where the tow-path changed sides so our Nicholsons was borrowed to prove Tim was indeed correct.

Can we advertise "As seen on TV now"??

I think the bit where you exchanged greetings was caught on film wasn't it? Right near the start it looks like a lady with blonde hair on your boat and wearing sun glasses sat in the front deck well says 'good morning' in return to them as they walk past.

I had to chuckle when Pru opened up the paddles on the gates at Clitheroes lock, clearly didn't see the ground paddle. My non boating mate did this to me once, exciting!

I'm really enjoying it, perfect Sunday evening stuff and they both seem nice. I'm glad that they showed London in the way they did, and I hope more people come and see it from the cut.

Lots of empty spaces with not a boat in sight.. I'm putting a London visit on my list to do if I carry on boating. Won't be for a few years mind you unless somebody can look after Boris and keep him company.

Edit spelling

Edited by madcat

Lots of empty spaces with not a boat in sight.. I'm putting a London visit on my list to do if I carry on boating. Won't be for a few years mind you unless somebody can look after Boris and keep him company.

Edit spelling

There was nothing really that would have dissuaded us from doing it. Other than we wouldn't be able to do the tidal Thames bit as hire boaters. But it looked a very intersting part of the system especially if you looked into the history of the key parts and matched the locations to what they look like now.

It did look to be particularly good weather too which obviously brought out a lot of Londoners to the canal side, apart from Camden I did wonder if it would always be that busy on the towpaths.??

Edited by MJG

There was nothing really that would have dissuaded us from doing it. Other than we wouldn't be able to do the tidal Thames bit as hire boaters. But it looked a very intersting part of the system especially if you looked into the history of the key parts and matched the locations to what they look like now.

It did look to be particularly good weather too which obviously brought out a lot of Londoners to the canal side, apart from Camden I did wonder if it would always be that busy on the towpaths.??

A lot of London as you arrive from the West turns it's back on the canal.

If you travel through Hayes to Bulls Bridge and then on to Acton it is remarkably absent of people and quite spooky. I mean you can hear noises and smells of food/factories but no people. All that changes when you get past Kensal Green. Don't let the lots of empty spaces fool you. There are lots of spaces in the outer areas but some of that inner London towpath is "no mooring". I would hazard a guess that once past K. Green the moorings were reserved for them too.

Edited by mark99
  • Greenie 1

I felt a bit sorry for Tim, boating on through the evening and into the night to get to "his mooring".

Obviously there was a schedule in place to make sure that they moored up in the "right" places for filming.

I'm sure he would have rather been sitting in a nice warm cabin with a plate of food and a glass of plonk...

I felt a bit sorry for Tim, boating on through the evening and into the night to get to "his mooring".

Obviously there was a schedule in place to make sure that they moored up in the "right" places for filming.

I'm sure he would have rather been sitting in a nice warm cabin with a plate of food and a glass of plonk...

... especially as it is only about 4 hours from Kings Cross to Three Mills. Filming in the chocolate shop can't have taken that long...

A good episode - but did I mishear that Tim said the Limehouse Cut was one of the oldest waterways in London?

Lovely programme because they genuinely love boating and this shines through.

No one should be put off boating anywhere based on the nonsense, sadly oft repeated on this forum.

I hope we are still as enthusiastic and adventurous in twenty plus years time.

Thanks Tim and Pru

Rog :)

I wonder if the grumpy swearist hadn't realised filming was going on and then saw himself on tv with embarrassed horror .... and I even wonder if its one of the CWDF'ites??

not our own grumpy gits of course! :icecream:

I tried to catch the boat name as it went passed but being dark I missed it.

I got sick of wrestling with the adverts on 4od last night trying to get to the right bit of the program to see if I could pick it out. Somebody on one of the London boaters Facebook page possibly will know who it was, whoever it Was certainly didn't give a good impression of boaters, but that said realistically we all know you meet the occasional knob on the system, even outside of the big conurbations.

Edited by MJG

Brilliant episode. I worked in and around London for most of my career, and spent 10 years in a Thameside building. I always wanted to go past it in my own boat, but by the time I got one they had knocked the building down (and it only opened in 1980).

In the later years of my career I spent a lot of time fitting out data centres in Docklands, including a canalside one in Kings Cross. Even though I worked in the last ones in 2012, I was amazed how quickly river and canalside London has changed since then.

Really looking forward to the next two episodes, pity the series is so short though.

Lovely programme because they genuinely love boating and this shines through.

No one should be put off boating anywhere based on the nonsense, sadly oft repeated on this forum.

I hope we are still as enthusiastic and adventurous in twenty plus years time.

Thanks Tim and Pru

Rog :)

What is the oft repeated nonsense?

Phil

Lovely programme although, as with the previous series, the editing is a bit like Timothy's steering i.e. all over the place. But most wouldn't notice, so it doesn't really matter.

Will make an effort to have a pint in The Grapes next time I'm down that way.