Tim and Pru New series

STIG

Featured Posts

Karlos - Great Canal Journeys Series 1 parts 1,2,3,4 on Youtube. Part 4 was in France and a bit dull (c'est vrai!), parts 1,2,3 in England. I recommend watching those. And Pru & Timmy are nice people. Have you ever watched Fawlty Towers?

By the way, the Met are looking for that stolen street sign ;)

Not sure how you get two 70ft boats into the other locks on the Oxford. Whilst you can sometimes get two boats into the diamond locks it can be a bit tricky and then you have to go one at a time at the next lock.

The locks are said to be that shape to allow more water through from the river section above (against which the lock is a control) so that the deeper locks either side do not continually reduce the level in the intervening pound. The locks have a very small rise/fall.

Sorry! I'm pretty sure you're right. It has been a few years since I took a 70ft boat down the Oxford. It's a single lock for a full size boat but you fit without swinging about. It is the shorter boats that are free to spin around because they are not held at both ends by the narrow parts of the lock by the gates. Shorter boats can use the extra width of the hexagon locks to fit in side by side.

I think I combined the two experiences in my head to come up with bad advice....

Karlos - Great Canal Journeys Series 1 parts 1,2,3,4 on Youtube. Part 4 was in France and a bit dull (c'est vrai!), parts 1,2,3 in England. I recommend watching those. And Pru & Timmy are nice people. Have you ever watched Fawlty Towers?

By the way, the Met are looking for that stolen street sign wink.png

They seemed nice enough (and yes I've seen fawlty towers.) I don't know what I was expecting or what I wanted but the programme just wasn't for me. I'll watch the next one and maybe It'll grow on me. I might give series 1 a go, maybe it was better. (couldn't be any worse than that bloody 'narrow boat' series I bought on dvd!)

I doubt the Met are after it ;)

They seemed nice enough (and yes I've seen fawlty towers.) I don't know what I was expecting or what I wanted but the programme just wasn't for me. I'll watch the next one and maybe It'll grow on me. I might give series 1 a go, maybe it was better. (couldn't be any worse than that bloody 'narrow boat' series I bought on dvd!)

I doubt the Met are after it wink.png

Is there any canal related programme you think will you will enjoy?

Define your ideal canal related programe please.

Did anyone spot Islonian belonging to Tillergirl of this parish

There I just something in their programme - emotion, love or something. It just has a totally different feel to "Barging About"

I quite fancy Pru

I think she's bloody lovely

so - my thoughts are confirmed. I don't want to ever visit London, not even in a boat!

Quite the contrary here actually, apart from the rude knob who shouted at Tim despite there being loads of room.

Just made me smile when I went under Tower Bridge they were raising it for a big boat getting ready to go through so my friends got a great picture of me going through with bridge raised clapping.gif I have to be honest Tim is a crap steerer lol

Peter

Camden flight - lol.

Was there last week went down the three, turned at the gasholder (Kings X) and went up the three again.

Fantastic - "full on" variety of life. Had time for Mrs 99 to rush into Camden market and get some ethnic veggie take-away grub - ruddy marvelous. Jumpers for goalposts.

Edited by mark99

This is the most sympathetic canal series I've seen, primarily because these folks are life-long narrow-boaters. We did the same journey a couple of years ago, and didn't find the London canals at all welcoming. The one bright spot was finding the last remaining mooring in Paddington Basin - a delightful spot. Worth it all though, for the exhilarating journey with the tide from Limehouse to Teddington lock.

Did anyone spot Islonian belonging to Tillergirl of this parish

And Smiffy.....don't forget Smiffy captain.gif

Tim and Pru are a lovely couple. Not stuck up at all said good morning to us they walked past. Tim does't take any nonsense from know it all film crews either. there was some "discussion" about where the tow-path changed sides so our Nicholsons was borrowed to prove Tim was indeed correct.

Can we advertise "As seen on TV now"??