Have you ever chundered when emptying the bog..?

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

This morning, one of our crew lost their breakfast when emptying the bog... I have also been informed that he is no the only boy that has faced this problem, which was a bit of a shocker to me!

So I am just wondering, does anyone else vom when emptying the bog? Is this a "thing," or very rare? Also, does it only happen to boys?

Discuss. :D

This morning, one of our crew lost their breakfast when emptying the bog... I have also been informed that he is no the only boy that has faced this problem, which was a bit of a shocker to me!

So I am just wondering, does anyone else vom when emptying the bog? Is this a "thing," or very rare? Also, does it only happen to boys?

Discuss. biggrin.png

Not something that happens to this boy....

MP.

No,

The sights I encountered carrying out drainage tests over the years prepare you for anything.

I recall one such inspection 40 odd years ago, my mentor, myself and the property owner gather round as the manhole cover was lifted - it was brimming full of s-'you've got it right' - 'That's my son' exclaimed the owner; my mentor politely asked 'what's his name'..............

L.

Never happened in thirty odd years of caravan and boat ownership.

I suspect some additional factor/substance has come into play here......:)

I have good friends who are GP's and I they reckon even experienced folk in the medical profession usually have one thing that makes them retch. I was talking to a nurse the other day and she said she could stand anything but sputum. Unfortunately she was currently working on the respiratory ward. Most people that have had children, or dogs, can cope with excrement but there's bound to be the odd person who can't deal with it.

Never a problem for me.

I think any tendency was "cured" by my experience on top of the lavender boat for the 1974 Oxford rally. People passed up their various receptacles and I emptied them into the tank. A couple of hours of that and you've seen (or rather smelt) it all ....

I've seen some gory sights in my time and had no probs but the smell of dogshit used to make me retch. Missus is ok with that but not with the smell of vomit, perfect partership I suppose.

I couldnt stand nappy changing

Discuss. biggrin.png

I wish you had not brought this up. unsure.png

Is it not time that toilets had a separate section, where the experts can debate such matters?

I'm very happy to pay for someone to empty a pump-out toilet.

Hi Wriggle I think the dead may refer to the smell, I don't have a problem after all I've been walking about with it in me so why should I bother just because its outside of me. I should add I get a perverse pleasure from rodding out drains.

Phil

I have good friends who are GP's and I they reckon even experienced folk in the medical profession usually have one thing that makes them retch. I was talking to a nurse the other day and she said she could stand anything but sputum. Unfortunately she was currently working on the respiratory ward. Most people that have had children, or dogs, can cope with excrement but there's bound to be the odd person who can't deal with it.

A late friend of ours used to be a rep selling surgical sutures and once showed group of surgeons a video about the ongoing research with sutures. When some failed procedures with a dog were shown the resulting spillage of blood sent a couple of surgeons into mild shock (one of them actually fainted)

Unfamiliar surroundings I suppose, more used to just seeing blood in the theatre.

I have emptied the cassette every few days for years, with no problems at all.

We left my father in law on the boat for a week, and I came back, and dutifully went to empty the cassette.

I nearly died.!

I had tears coming out my eyes.!!

It was one of the worst experiences of my life...I had to run half a mile away, take some deep breathes, and quickly return to finish the job before I needed more oxygen.

that man is seriously rotten.