Drill all drill bits at crick boat show

capri sun

Featured Posts

To be fair, and even as one who was born cynical, they aren't all Snake-Oil. Some things simply require the right technique (which the salesman has and doesn't tell you about because that would stop him taking the money so quickly). These items can be good value- the magic brush on a hose which needs no pump is one example and is damn useful for boat washing once you find the right knack to using it. A rotary chopper was another

Mostly though they are for mugs, particularly the engineering and DIY stuff. If they were as good as they claim they wouldn't only be available at fairs, fetes and shows.

N

I think these come into the same category as eco fans. eco fans are realy good though otherwise Cadburys wouldnt make em.

Tim

I wouldn't be without mine, but the hose is starting to get a bit brittle, where can you get new ones from?

A length of standard hosepipe will do but I got a couple of metres extra when I got a new bilge pump hose which was the right diameter.

I was accosted by the snake oil hand cream saleswoman at the London Boat Show one year. She put some of the stuff on my hands and told me that unlike cheap hand creams it was waterproof and would last all day. At 25 quid a pop I declined - she had obviously mistaken me for a yacht owner. I'll buy the cheap stuff from Boots for £1.50.

About half an hour later after I'd been to the toilet and washed my hands I realised my hands were just as dry and chapped as usual...

Edited by blackrose

I was accosted by the snake oil hand cream saleswoman at the London Boat Show one year. She put some of the stuff on my hands and told me that unlike cheap hand creams it was waterproof and would last all day. At 25 quid a pop I declined - she had obviously mistaken me for a yacht owner. I'll buy the cheap stuff from Boots for £1.50.

About half an hour later after I'd been to the toilet and washed my hands I realised my hands were just as dry and chapped as usual...

The thicker the better. Most top of he range creams are as thin as Nats p**s, where as cheap creams are nice and thick.

Darren

A friend recently bought me a Amazon voucher so I decided to buy an ultra sonic cleaner and see if they did what they claimed. I was a bit suspicious at first but it's really good, my specs and electric shaver head finish up like new and it removes dirt and rust from inaccessible places.

It's a cracker.

True, for instance the little syphon pump thingy with the marble valve....best tenner I spent and still use it 12 years on.

But did you try to get the water out of your bilge with it. That is what the lady was telling people it would do at the last show I saw it being demonstrated.

But did you try to get the water out of your bilge with it. That is what the lady was telling people it would do at the last show I saw it being demonstrated.

Well, it would!

If you were in a full lock and you dangled the end of the tube over the bottom gate...

Richard

well it looks like i was a mug at the show

I also brought the brush and hose to put into the bucket (although we did wash the goat OK with it)

Roger

Call it whatyou want! I'm not sure the rest of us want to know. Have a shower like everyone else

I do hope you're not suggesting someone empties their bilge into the canal. dry.png Tut, tut, young Richard.

Nothing wrong with emptying well kept bilges into the canal - there is a lot wrong with emptying the engine drip tray into the cut.

If your bilge is so oily and dirty it can not be emptied into the canal then the problem is with your boat.

I empty my engine room bilge into the cut after every significant rain event and not the slightest rainbow film on the water. Its definitely cleaner than cut water.

I'm bored with this thread already.........

I once bought a miracle hair grow product from a very reputable car boot trader for my shiny head. Rubbish! No hair on my head but plenty on the palms of my hands.

Never trust a car boot trader unless they display a valid VAT and Companies House registered business number!

Bald people made the mistake of cutting off their hair when it was abundant. The body is not stupid (most of it will heal and regrow, think about it), it senses that growing hair must be unwanted, and stops doing so.

I'd better stop cutting my toenails then otherwise I'll end up with baldy toes too!

Never trust a car boot trader unless they display a valid VAT and Companies House registered business number!

Not all valid, honest, scrupulous businesses are registered at Companies House... For example private partnerships. It is a common mistake that ALL businesses must be Limited Companies and this just aint so. They can still be VAT registered though.

I do hope you're not suggesting someone empties their bilge into the canal. dry.png Tut, tut, young Richard.

Good point, I'll have a word with my bilge pump immediately about it's unfortunate habits

Richard

I once bought a miracle hair grow product from a very reputable car boot trader...

I did exactly the same thing and now have to shave the car boot every morning.

Not all valid, honest, scrupulous businesses are registered at Companies House...

Not all businesses registered at Companies House are valid, honest and scrupulous.

I'm bored with this thread already.........

I once bought a miracle hair grow product from a very reputable car boot trader for my shiny head. Rubbish! No hair on my head but plenty on the palms of my hands.

Don't banks do this?

eta - this was a joke as well, thought I'd better mention it before the banks send round the chaps in dark suits and sunglasses

eta - this was a joke as well, I know the banks would never resort to violence

eta - does mental anguish count as violence?

Edited by Mike Tee

Not all valid, honest, scrupulous businesses are registered at Companies House... For example private partnerships. It is a common mistake that ALL businesses must be Limited Companies and this just aint so. They can still be VAT registered though.

Bloody hell!

Did no one spot the intentended joke?

I used to run a car boot sale in my younger crazy days and if ever a trader turned up with a company registration number or VAT number I'd turn them away as imposters.

As has been mentioned, some of the biggest fraudsters and conmen are both VAT and Companies House registered.

I am truly wasted on this site.............

I'm off to Narrowboat World where I'm certain to be appreciated for my sharpness of wit.....

Anyone seen to suggest "good riddance" will be shot at dawn with a water pistol.

I did exactly the same thing and now have to shave the car boot every morning.

Would you prefer a bed by the window sir? tongue.png

Edited by Doorman