Stunning Canal Barge Ware Gypsy Art Hand Painted Bucket

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I think as a personal statement this is a fine example of someone's best shot. Infact you can clearly see the marks left by someone's keen eye and steady hand. To make a direct hit, to the bottom of a bucket, with a shot gun, takes a stroke of genius.

I think that good art needs to be looked at from a distance, not close up like this, doesn't it.

Perhaps 100m round a corner?

Whoever did this quite likely likes it and that is probably all that matters though.

John

That advert has to have the most creative* use of fonts I have ever seen

Yes, exactly our year 7's come in doing in September. It takes a little while for them to understand that isn't quite what we are aiming at.

I think that good art needs to be looked at from a distance, not close up like this, doesn't it.

Perhaps 100m round a corner?

Whoever did this quite likely likes it and that is probably all that matters though.

John

I would even go as far as at least 100m round two corners.

Peter.

I like the tiger trivet and the pearlware swan,don't have the spare cash though. I do have a few odd items round the house ,under 50p or jumble sale leftovers mostly.

The bucket is I believe by Damien Hirst and will pop up on Antiques road show in a 100 years time causing much exitement on Mars.

Oh, dear!

I'm hard put to understand why such floral work is given a link to canal art, though I'll concede that painters a century ago used a wider range of flowers than the roses and daisies that we usually see today. There's a notion abroad in some quarters that anything goes where canal painting goes. There is plenty of evidence for this in museums and canal side shops, sadly. It's true that many of the painters from working days weren't trained artists but their work shows fluency and dash which I find delightful.

As many know, as well as my personal collection I'm also looking after most of Phil's. Most of the painter's from the latter days of trading are represented . There is also the notorious Black Museum, consisting of souvenir items of variable awfulness, all of which have been offered for sale. Forum members are welcome to visit and view. I seldom tire of talking about painting, though some of the work I encounter makes me prostrate with dismal!!!!

Cheers

Dave

I am frankly gobsmacked! Thought my couple of efforts were distinctly average, but now I think they are fine art! Still, sure someone loves it.....granny maybe?

Oi ... less of the granny, I have 3 grandchildren and I still like a good thing when I see one :lol::lol: You've got to admit though, it is good for a laugh.

Ann