Stunning Canal Barge Ware Gypsy Art Hand Painted Bucket

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Only 1 day and 13 hours left and no bids, make his day someone rolleyes.gif

Sorry all, I just had to do it :lol: if I win then its going to be auctioned at Chesire Roses next fund raising event :lol:

Tim

• Greenie 1

Sorry all, I just had to do it :lol: if I win then its going to be auctioned at Chesire Roses next fund raising event :lol:

Tim

What as? Vintage narrowboat colander?

ETA- We are all going to look a bit silly if this goes onto Antiques Roadshow and gets identified as one of Picasso's early works.

Edited by Mike Tee

What as? Vintage narrowboat colander?

ETA- We are all going to look a bit silly if this goes onto Antiques Roadshow and gets identified as one of Picasso's early works.

Exactly how the art world works....... if a piece, or an artist gets talked up enough then it becomes famous and prices rise

The whole thing becomes self perpetuating.

We are responsible for elevating an old bucket from scrap to Art Treasure.

Tim

Excellent!

Truly excellent!

I really do quite like Fade to Scarlet's idea, though - I could see that taking off.

Hi,

I actually quite like it and am considering buying it to give to some moorers near to me to add to the odd 'canal artifacts' (JUNK) they use to 'decorate' their mooring.

The last time I saw a bucket like this with holes in the bottom was at a Crematorium, where it was being used to scatter ashes......

Leo.

I say have you seen on e-bay there is a genuine old boatmans bun bucket for sale complete with "anti stale" holes tho' the lid is missing it's even painted in the "paralysed trunk" style so favoured by the celebrated Bella Fontay

Exactly how the art world works....... if a piece, or an artist gets talked up enough then it becomes famous and prices rise

The whole thing becomes self perpetuating.

We are responsible for elevating an old bucket from scrap to Art Treasure.

305227_10151594684017959_1322508902_n.jpg[

Edited by Québec

Oh my!

I can see it is clearly undervalued! I should hide that image before poor old MrSmelly finds himself in a bidding war

Its mine, its mine ................it all mine

Tim