Are We Doooooomed

Featured Posts

Hi all,

All ok tonight? Grab some timber....

It may well be that the new server we have been migrated on is creating minor issues with the version of the forum software which we are running, it was slightly unfortunate that they moved us the Friday before I was out of the country for a week but I have submitted a support ticket to our hosts asking they look into it for us and will endeavour to report back on that tomorrow evening.

In the mean time I thank you for your patience.

Daniel

To paraphrase the reply from the hosts 'It is a case of resource. At peak usage you are hitting all of the limits in place with our shared hosting platform, our new servers allow us to better monitor and restrict these limits [and hence your site is now being throttled], it may be that adjustments can be made to reduce resource intensity, alternatively you will need to look at moving to our dedicated or vps package' so there..... in other words, we have out grown what we , currently pay for and now they have noticed.

So I will look into if we can streamline operations suitably as soon as I'm back in UK, but have also asked them for a quote!

As an aside, although it's now half one in the morning, the internet in India it's blistering fast.

Daniel

Wow so not a php issue after all. We are just too damn popular! :D

:tongue_in_cheek_smiley:

Looks like despite the complaints regularly levelled against us we actually need to be more unfriendly then!

Is it time to start bullying, and see if we can get the numbers down?