Are We Doooooomed

Featured Posts

What with my 3 connection being disconnected periodically too I'm not happy.

Just e-mailed 3 threatening to cancel contract. We've been cut off over 15 times today already, and in the past few weeks at least 6 imes a day on average. Could be the mifi unit I suppose, they supplied it though.

Really annoying.

Good chance the new host didnt actually realise that this is a REAL LIVE INTERACTIVE PERMANENTLY BUSY NEVER QUIET OFTEN HEATED BOATERS FORUM.....one of the worst kinds of forums you can get :) They probably expected it to be like that other "site" where you post today and no ones replied by tomorrow.

edited to add...that post had no errors and all working fine for me.

Edited by DeanS

Strange. As mentioned above, I had problems with CWDF until I cleared the cache. Working absolutely fine on all sites. I'm using Firefox - is it an Explorer thing?

I always use Explorer. Seems to be a no-fuss arrangement, most of the time.

You need to flush the cache. (on Windows)

Go to a DOS prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns"

Then restart your browser. Not had any problems since I did this yesterday evening.

We did this yesterday promped by a message displater about change of server, Just been cut off again with the 404 message

Post 1

I am on Firefox and have been getting the error mesage repeatedly over the last few days.

As for re-whatsiting the cache after finding a DOS prompt, I haven't got a clue as to what you are talking about. Why should I have to flush/refresh Eeven the advice differs!!) my cache , whatever that is, because the provider has changed servers or whatever it is called? Why can't they just get it right at their end?

Edited by David Schweizer

I am on Firefox and have been getting the error mesage repeatedly over the last few days.

As for re-whatsiting the cache after finding a DOS prompt, I haven't got a clue as to what you are talking about. Why should I have to flush/refresh Eeven the advice differs!!) my cache , whatever that is, because the provider has changed servers or whatever it is called? Why can't they just get it right at their end?

Just happened again

Internal Server Error

Day before yesterday there was a post mentioning down time. During that down time when trying to log on a message would appear giving those instructions to obtain. "DOS prompt" and type in ipconfig/flushdns when done a conformation appears that the dns has been successfully flushed. We've dont it again today.

All working splendidly here on Lady Olga.

Perhaps doing a system restore back date for 3 or 4 days may help yoo.

I find this almost always fixes things that have occurred in the last day or two. But it will delete certain updates which should automatically flag up to download again.

Good chance the new host didnt actually realise that this is a REAL LIVE INTERACTIVE PERMANENTLY BUSY NEVER QUIET OFTEN HEATED BOATERS FORUM.....one of the worst kinds of forums you can get :) They probably expected it to be like that other "site" where you post today and no ones replied by tomorrow.

edited to add...that post had no errors and all working fine for me.

OHHHHHHHH that site is buisier now then :lol:

Edited by Julynian

I find this almost always fixes things that have occurred in the last day or two. But it will delete certain updates which should automatically flag up to download again.

I have no idea what a system restore is, or how it is performed. If it requires me to then re-load existing programmes or updates, I will simply cease my membership of the forum, and I suspect that many others will take the same line. If the forum providers cannot get it right, why is Daniel paying them? I undersatnd that he did not request the change, but that it was imposed by the providers, so it is their responsibility. Would you pay your garage if your car kept refusing to start after a service, I guess not, so why are people prepared to accept all this crap about the users restoring, or flushing to rectify the provider's failings.?

Edited by David Schweizer

All working splendidly here on Lady Olga.

Perhaps doing a system restore back date for 3 or 4 days may help yoo.

But this type of problem is at the service provider end, where the forum is hosted.

Restoring your system back to a point in time ain't going to sort out what is going on at their end.

Strange. As mentioned above, I had problems with CWDF until I cleared the cache. Working absolutely fine on all sites. I'm using Firefox - is it an Explorer thing?

Nope.

I'm on Firefox and was gettng it continually.

Doing that flush command didn't help at all.

Not getting it today, but I have done nothing to change things between yesterday when it was erroring repeatedly, and today when it currently is not.

So why is it that most or at least some are not having any problems at all. I was on the forum on Friday afternoon and noticed these Error reports and remembered about the change over, but all has been working perfectly since.

I do regularly clean my machine, defrag ect though not that its got anything to do with the problem but it must help if the PC's running smoothly.

I have no idea what a system restore is, or how it is performed. If it requires me to then re-load existing programmes or updates, I will simply cease my membership of the forum, and I suspect that many others will take the same line. If the forum providers cannot get it right, why is Daniel paying them? I undersatnd that he did not request the change, but that it was imposed by the providers, so it is their responsibility. Would you pay your garage if your car kept refusing to start after a service, I guess not, so why are people prepared to accept all this crap about the users restoring, or flushing to rectify the provider's failings.?

System restore can sort out niggling problems it does not wipe out any program files, email addresses or any personal files, photo's nothing.

Woh, calm down old bean. It will just delete most security updates or delete any errors that you have made or downloaded For example if you downloaded something or excepted something which interacts or causes problems with your machine and you remember when it was, say yesterday then set a restore point for the day before that.

It can be found by clicking on programs then click accessories and then click tools. Disc clean up, defragment, system restore and other computer maintenance items are there.

System restore can sort out niggling problems it does not wipe out any program files, email addresses or any personal files, photo's nothing.

Woh, calm down old bean. It will just delete most security updates or delete any errors that you have made or downloaded For example if you downloaded something or excepted something which interacts or causes problems with your machine and you remember when it was, say yesterday then set a restore point for the day before that.

It can be found by clicking on programs then click accessories and then click tools. Disc clean up, defragment, system restore and other computer maintenance items are there.

No problems until tonight - now I'm a fully paid up member of the "Error Clique"

The last hour has had a variety of different problems (This site only) from the full error message :

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@canalworld.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

To a plain green screen background) to white text on the left hand side of the screen