Are We Doooooomed

Featured Posts

I've been off the forum from mid afternoon yesterday till this evening at about 6. I'm getting the error notice more and more frequently as the evening goes by but it is not just when I attempt to open a new thread, but when when I tried 'view new content', going backwards or forwards from page to page within a thread, and when I clicked on 'reply' to make this post.

I also sometimes just get a blank page with no error report

It is very frustrating

I've been off the forum from mid afternoon yesterday till this evening at about 6. I'm getting the error notice more and more frequently as the evening goes by but it is not just when I attempt to open a new thread, but when when I tried 'view new content', going backwards or forwards from page to page within a thread, and when I clicked on 'reply' to make this post.

I also sometimes just get a blank page with no error report

It is very frustrating

Edited by Bazza2

Another message

www.canalworld.net Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

My latest error message - The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

My latest error message - The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

I'm tellin ya now me lad werrre doooooomed - werrrre dooooomed :lol:

I'm tellin ya now me lad werrre doooooomed - werrrre dooooomed :lol:

Now another

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@canalworld.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Fine on the ipad , not fine on my laptop, although, quite a few companies seem to be upgrading their servers at the moment and if you're running an older version software it can throw up errors. Seems like it's happened with Just Canals and it happened with Lilo last week- my partner is helping them to fix it. Some of the sites we webmaster for, that run in Drupal we've had to upgrade, but I will have to check with Dan if this is the case with this version of ip board that we are running. Don't know if it's a newer one or not. I have no idea what type of servers this board now runs on, so its hard for me to say.

So an error isn't always the hosts fault, you have to keep your own software up to date.

Edited by Lady Muck

Fine on the ipad , not fine on my laptop, although, quite a few companies seem to be upgrading their servers at the moment and if you're running an older version software it can throw up errors. Seems like it's happened with Just Canals and it happened with Lilo last week- my partner is helping them to fix it. Some of the sites we webmaster for, that run in Drupal we've had to upgrade, but I will have to check with Dan if this is the case with this version of ip board that we are running. Don't know if it's a newer one or not. I have no idea what type of servers this board now runs on, so its hard for me to say.

So an error isn't always the hosts fault, you have to keep your own software up to date.

These error messages though are coming from interaction with canal world only. I've had up to 8 different web pages up at times and CWF is the only one we're having problems with. Alhough Photobucket just freezes but that's nowt new :lol:

I've just installed Firefox and adblocker plus, brilliant getting rid of ads and some very interesting add ons a few of which already operating, clever stuff, like it. Not had an error message for a while though, so fingers crossed.

P1

But if I'm on a fully patched up version of an OS, running Firefox with latest patches, and a board that was working before suddenly throws up erors regularly after it has moved to a new server, it's a pretty good working assumption that the problem is at that end, not mine.

Particularly as it is doing it both on a Ubuntu and a Windows machine.

Particularly as every other site is working fine.

You say it is fine on your ipad, but not your laptop? Are you using the "mobile" version of the forum software on the ipad, but the full one on the laptop? If so I'd say I'm not that surprised.

But if I'm on a fully patched up version of an OS, running Firefox with latest patches, and a board that was working before suddenly throws up erors regularly after it has moved to a new server, it's a pretty good working assumption that the problem is at that end, not mine.

Particularly as it is doing it both on a Ubuntu and a Windows machine.

Particularly as every other site is working fine.

You say it is fine on your ipad, but not your laptop? Are you using the "mobile" version of the forum software on the ipad, but the full one on the laptop? If so I'd say I'm not that surprised.

I've been getting the same issues. On our iPad. It has to be the new server surely, is it a capacity issue?

By software I mean its Dans responsibiltiy to make sure the bulletin board software is up to date. As I said we've seen this rather a lot over the last week or two, people running older software and when they get moved to a new upgraded server they find out that its not compatible, they get caught out. And it throws up errors.

But I dont have admin privileges so I cant access those bits under the bonnet. Probably just as well, lol.

Edited by Lady Muck

Since the upgrade change I am getting an erratic and inconsistent error message here:-

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@canalworld.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to its occurrence. Sometimes (but not often) when trying to access the complete site, more often when trying to access the latest message in a thread. I'm running Firefox with all the latest upgrades and have, by chance and for another reason, cleared the cache. I don't think it is anything to do with the browser that you use to be honest as it is only CWDF affected and only since the recent move.

Roger

Edited to add that I got the same error message when I posted this (and wondered whether it would have got through OK). I was going to do this edit to say so but it has taken me more than three attempts to get the edit button to work whereas previously it was guaranteed.

I love the way it includes this phrase: and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. as if it is likely to be our fault :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by Albion

Still getting

Internal Server Error

About a dozen times so far today.

p1

p2

p3

Well theres not much we can do whilst our admin is abroad on business. I dont know what version of php the server is running so I cant Google a solution and even if I could I would need proper access to sort it out. We will have to be patient. Im getting the same error messages as everyone else, but not on the ipad which is weird. ETA my partner seems to think that there is probably something on the ipad that supresses the error messages.

Edited by Lady Muck

Well theres not much we can do whilst our admin is abroad on business. I dont know what version of php the server is running so I cant Google a solution. We will have to be patient. Im getting the same error messages as everyone else, but not on the ipad which is weird.

Seems ok now anyway. At least it's intermittent and not permanent, I would be getting paranoid otherwise :lol:

I don't know if the servers ever take a regular butchers at the sites they serve if so maybe they'll just fix it. The forum seems to be behaving okay at the moment so maybe they have.

No they haven't :-( Still having the problem.

haggis