Jim Shead Site ?????

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

The boat listing is not back because Jim is having problems with MYSQL. Apparently the site host did a software upgrade when they restored the site which has upset the database

The boat listing WILL be back

Do we really need to run a vendetta against Mr Mountain? It appears to be what he did with Jim, and I object to that behaviour

Richard

No doubt there are some narrowboaters that want to live harmoniously with the cruiser owners on the Thames. I am afraid some of my Thames cruiser mates side with Tim! (others don't).

This episode will probably make them get more entrenched and not want their beautiful (but crumbling) waterway taken over by a Slug ridden trust.

Most of them live in the past and want the Thames Conservancy back. :lol:

That is so tempting to post the details of 3 certain boats!

Mind you two of them are not on the Thames:)

"The person of three boats" (and at least 8 Seagull outboards) is not the only cruiser owner I know on the Thames, don't forget, it is where I started my boating.

As you know, "The person of three boats" now has to do some of his boating in plastic boats...and heaven forbid....is a rather proficient narrowboater! :o :o :o

And yes, his tenders (if on the water) are always licenced. ;)

Ps, He is not a pal of one of the subjects of this thread, and misses Jim's site....my second cousin on the other hand....

Edited by TNC

Boat listing is back :cheers:

Amazing what a solicitors letter can achieve (conjecture)

Congrats and well done Jim

Edited to add Harpagon is listed but last license 2007. When was three men in a boat filmed? Should someone bring it to BW's attention?

Edited by Alanji

Do we really need to run a vendetta against Mr Mountain? It appears to be what he did with Jim, and I object to that behaviour

The difference is that everything that has been said here is true. Trivial, uncontentious, and true. If people wanted to do the same to me, they could easily do so, and they would find a similar amount of information that isn't secret.

Mr Mountain's vendetta against Jim culminated in him telling lies to get his own way, and I object to that behaviour.

Before this thread fizzles away could I point out that the boats based on the Senior 31 hull are not super smart expensive gin palaces but 1970s tubs that are near worthless and obviously much devalued by Mr Hillock owning one.

I think I would be right in thinking that they would be devalued even further by me saying that they are very high on the list of my next potential boat and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Tor for assisting me in dragging their value down to a price I am willing to pay.

The difference is that everything that has been said here is true. Trivial, uncontentious, and true. If people wanted to do the same to me, they could easily do so, and they would find a similar amount of information that isn't secret.

Mr Mountain's vendetta against Jim culminated in him telling lies to get his own way, and I object to that behaviour.

I agree with what you say, and object to his misinformation

I suppose I would rather just call him an arse and move on

Richard

Now that the boat listing is back, it becomes clearer why Mr Mountain wanted it removed.

It isn't clear to me, other than the last licence appears to have expired in 2008. Maybe he sold or scrapped the boat.

On the other hand, his complaint to 123-REG was recent wasn't it? This isn't really consistent with the fuss he kicked up about it on the net being back in 2005. Is it possible that 123-REG took eight years to getting around to dealing with his complaint?

MtB

Glad to see it's back I hope for good this time.

I am glad to see that my boat engine still has its appropriate entry of 999BHP and skims the water with just a half an inch of draft. Normality has been restored!

Pah! Mine skims as yours with just 26BHP!

But when did 0.01m equal half inch? Are you one of those who says "This is 9" dear"? glare.gif

HARPAGON Built by R L M in 1969 - Length 9.4 metres (30 feet 10 inches ) - Beam 2.9 metres (9 feet 6 inches ) 2 Diesel Inboard engines with a total power of 120HP. Registered with EA Thames Region number 35978 as a Non Hire Annual. Last registration recorded on 27/04/2007.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Coat

HARPAGON Built by R L M in 1969 - Length 9.4 metres (30 feet 10 inches ) - Beam 2.9 metres (9 feet 6 inches ) 2 Diesel Inboard engines with a total power of 120HP. Registered with EA Thames Region number 35978 as a Non Hire Annual. Last registration recorded on 27/04/2007.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Coat

So, do we know for sure that HARPAGON is still on EA waters?

I'll have a look around next time I drive through Benson :)

MtB

Pah! Mine skims as yours with just 26BHP!

But when did 0.01m equal half inch? Are you one of those who says "This is 9" dear"? glare.gif

Since I didn't want to write 0.393700787 inches! That would have seemed rather pedantic but I guess would not have managed the same level of pedantry or indeed rudeness as yours.

Edited by churchward

I note that Tim Mountain, along with a few others was absent from the last Rug 3 meeting. Ashamed to show your face Tim?

Minutes of the Meeting held on Wednesday 13 February 2013, Benson Parish Hall, Benson.

"Apologies for Absence - Tim Mountain Benson moorer".

31/12 (i) Alan Dawe reported that Jim Shead’s website had been closed down following action by a RUG 3 member, Tim Mountain. Two emails had been received from boat owners who were extremely upset and complaining that a lot of useful information had been lost. The impression had been given that the action which had closed the site had been sanctioned by RUG 3. Alan Dawe said that although the site had been discussed at the October meeting, no action had been recommended. Peter Brass said that he had replied to the two emails to say that the RUGs had no executive powers and could not compel their members either to do or not to do things. The list of stolen boats on the site was raised. Steven Miles said there was another site run in conjunction with the police where particulars could be registered."

If you wish to see the whole of the minutes here's the link

www.riverusergroups.co.uk/file_download/429

*Sorry link won't work so type it into your address bar and download file to view as a whole.

Edited by Chloe

I note that Tim Mountain, along with a few others was absent from the last Rug 3 meeting. Ashamed to show your face Tim?

Minutes of the Meeting held on Wednesday 13 February 2013, Benson Parish Hall, Benson.

"Apologies for Absence - Tim Mountain Benson moorer".

31/12 (i) Alan Dawe reported that Jim Shead’s website had been closed down following action by a RUG 3 member, Tim Mountain. Two emails had been received from boat owners who were extremely upset and complaining that a lot of useful information had been lost. The impression had been given that the action which had closed the site had been sanctioned by RUG 3. Alan Dawe said that although the site had been discussed at the October meeting, no action had been recommended. Peter Brass said that he had replied to the two emails to say that the RUGs had no executive powers and could not compel their members either to do or not to do things. The list of stolen boats on the site was raised. Steven Miles said there was another site run in conjunction with the police where particulars could be registered."

If you wish to see the whole of the minutes here's the link

www.riverusergroups.co.uk/file_download/429

*Sorry link won't work so type it into your address bar and download file to view as a whole.

Did you notice this ?

"Peter Brass passed on Tim Mountain’s concern at lack of progress on unlicensed boats he had reported between Benson and Cleeve."