Jim Shead Site ?????

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I am pleased with the way things have gone with Jim Shead.

Jim should win his case!

Thanks Richard for keeping us all in touch with him and informing us with updates.

Well done to McEvedys Solicitors & Attorneys Ltd, for getting involved pro bono.

I agree with Mayalid we may need inforcements on YBW! Have they not read what this Tim Mountain wrote originally on their own forum in 2005?

I cannot find it now!!!, but have seen it in this thread on this site. Thanks RWLP on page three of this thread as

http://www.radcotcru....php?f=5&t=107.

I note that Tim Mountain has never apologised for what he called Jim and that nobody on ybw has commented on the language used in his original post!

Jim! Hope to see your site back up and running soon mate!! You didn't just write a boat list - Everything else you wrote was very informative and interesting too!

This? From here: http://www.radcotcru...c.php?f=5&t=107

Imprtant Info Re your boat

icon_post_target.gifby Commodore » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:43 pm

I received this email from a boat owner on the Thames:

A few weeks ago I discovered that an Idiot (these are his own words, used by

him, describing himself, on his web site) has obtained information of over

40,000 boats from both the Environment Agency and British Waterways. He has

published this information on his web site. Although I resent giving

publicity to 'this idiot', I would ask that you take a look at

www.jim-shead.co.uk and then follow the link to 'The Boat Listing'. If you

own a boat registered with either the EA or BW, then full details about your

boat are published for all to see. In most cases, with an EA registration,

the location of your boat will also be shown. I totally object to the

details of my boat being published on the Internet by this idiot. Publishing

details in this way constitutes a serious security risk. It is interesting

to note that Jim Shead does not publish his address or phone numbers on his

web site! I contacted Jim Shead, via e-mail and asked him to remove the

details of my boat from his web site and he has refused.

If, like me, you are unhappy about 'this idiot' (his words), please e-mail

him with your objection, to M62@jim-shead.com or his other e-mail address is

me@jim-shead.com

Please also send your objection to julia.simpson@environment-agency.gov.uk

or British Waterways at enquiries.hq@britishwaterways.co.uk

If you are unhappy about your details being published then please let me

know via the e-mail link below and I will keep you updated on steps we can

take to resolve this situation. If you support 'the idiot', then I am sure

that he would also like to hear from you with your support. This information

has been sent out to contacts that I have and in turn it may have been

passed on to you by one or more of your concerned friends. Please be assured

that unless you contact me with your offer of help, no details will be held

by us.

protestagainst.theidiot@ntlworld.com

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO AS MANY BOAT OWNERS AS YOU CAN.Commodore Top<H3></H3>

The above is just part, click the link to get the whole article.

Majority of Jim Shed's site appears to be back on line.

Edited by Ray T

On the Thames, a unique name is required to identify the boat uniquely because a registration number is not issued for as Thames licence.

It could be argued that the CRT reg number of a NB is it's 'unique name' not the word 'Kingfisher' written on the side :)

Mr Mountain's comments suggest he is not aware that registration numbers mean names are not necessary on the cut.

MtB

Majority of Jim Shed's site appears to be back on line.

And back online at 123-reg.com!

Which implies that Jim has at least got them to reconsider their decision to take his site down permanently just for daring to mention Tim Mountain (owner of Harpagon, that moors at Benson)

The boat listing isn't back yet, but I suspect that this is a watch this space thing...

Harrumph! attempted to email the "protestagaints the idiot" email address, No joy, its closed down, so we cant email Tim directly!

Give him a call on his VHF - details here: - http://www.itu.int/online/mms/mars/ship_detail.sh?lang=en&1816342&HARPAGON

(how dare the ITU publish his details on-line - they should be closed down immediately)

It's good to see that Jim's site is likely to be up and running again shortly, it took me almost an hour to find my boat index number this morning when it used to take me a couple of minutes <_<

It was whilst I was trying to find a way back into Jim's boat listings that I accidentally hit this forum and thread and felt I needed to provide another outlet for you all.

I don't know what all this fuss is about with Timmy and since I think everybody has the right to their own opinion, I would rather that none of you went to the following page on Facebook and I would much rather that you didn't tell anyone else about it for obvious reasons

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Allow-anonymity-for-Tim-Mountain/167153570098528

Lets see how long the page stays up :rolleyes:

Been nice reading your comments and opinions, may not be a regular poster but will try and get back often.

• Greenie 3

It's good to see that Jim's site is likely to be up and running again shortly, it took me almost an hour to find my boat index number this morning when it used to take me a couple of minutes dry.gif

It was whilst I was trying to find a way back into Jim's boat listings that I accidentally hit this forum and thread and felt I needed to provide another outlet for you all.

I don't know what all this fuss is about with Timmy and since I think everybody has the right to their own opinion, I would rather that none of you went to the following page on Facebook and I would much rather that you didn't tell anyone else about it for obvious reasons

https://www.facebook...167153570098528

Been nice reading your comments and opinions, may not be a regular poster but will try and get back often.

Excellent!!!!! B) (anonymous smiley)

It's good to see that Jim's site is likely to be up and running again shortly, it took me almost an hour to find my boat index number this morning when it used to take me a couple of minutes <_<

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Allow-anonymity-for-Tim-Mountain/167153570098528

Great ! love it

Am I the only one then that if I do proceed into trying to look at an actual boat listing get.....

Not Found

The requested URL /waterways/boat-reg.php was not found on this server.

Apache Server at www.jim-shead.com Port 80

Since everybody has declared it as "back" I can't make ii work at all - I can get to the search form, but after that I get the above - every time.

Am I the only one then that if I do proceed into trying to look at an actual boat listing get.....

Since everybody has declared it as "back" I can't make ii work at all - I can get to the search form, but after that I get the above - every time.

The database isn't back on line yet, there are a few technical issues apparently

Richard

I have repeated my own earlier post below to include the added Edit addition.

Now he might turn out to be a very nice chap, but this forum makes Tim Mountain appear to be both ill informed and self opinionated. Disasterous combination.

Edited to add. My statement above has been picked up and posted elsewhere as being extremely insulting towards Mr Mountain. It is not so. It is a statement on how I observe this thread to be developing.

I am of course opposed to Mr Mountains views. As I mentioned earlier, as a BSS examiner, I find Jim Sheads listing an invaluable tool, which the BSS recommend using. Boats missing from the list would render it useless. I am glad to see Jim's site back and look forward to his boat listing re-appearing soon

I admit, I fail to understand Mr Mountains objections.

SWMBO in her wisdom reminded me that it is possible to "withold" your telephone number. I considered this for a few moments and rejected it as being completely different. Nothing in Jim;s listings pointed to boat owner or location.

Edited by Radiomariner

Jolly good sport though this is, perhaps it is time to let it go? I wouldn't want to put Daniel to any inconvenience

After all, Jim's site is back. That was the intention of this

Richard

Jims site is partially back, that is to say that the rest of the content (other than the boat listing) that was removed when Jim had the audacity to say something about it.

The boat listing is NOT yet back, and I can see not the slightest evidence that Mr Mountain has seen the error of his ways. Rather, it appears that he still believes that he was justified in telling lies to get the site removed.

I consider this ongoing discussion to be a valuable educational tool for Mr Mountain and others of his ilk.

The boat listing is not back because Jim is having problems with MYSQL. Apparently the site host did a software upgrade when they restored the site which has upset the database

The boat listing WILL be back

Do we really need to run a vendetta against Mr Mountain? It appears to be what he did with Jim, and I object to that behaviour

Richard

Edited by RLWP