Ex Rev Martin Reed strikes again!

johnmck

Featured Posts

But I still think the Vicar in question is an arse!!

I wonder if his being an arse is the reason he stopped vicarring and started the hotel boats business, i.e. was he sacked or encouraged to 'resign'?

If so, it seems unlikely he'll be accepted back into ministry.

I wonder if his being an arse is the reason he stopped vicarring and started the hotel boats business, i.e. was he sacked or encouraged to 'resign'?

If so, it seems unlikely he'll be accepted back into ministry.

At the time he started up he posted quite extensively on the Yahoo Canals List (now moribund). I seem to recall him saying he had difficulties coping with the job and had, in effect, been counselled out by his Bishop. I wondered at the time just what lay behind that...

We thought he was a nob when we watched him on the telly. Seems we were right then.

Is that his party piece then, revving (no pun intended) his engine and covering you in water? Nice. I hope he tries it on me someday, and I hope he can swim.

The Revd Martin Reed will be licensed by the Bishop of Tewkesbury on Sunday 25 March at 10am at St Michael's Church, Withington, all are welcome.

CWDF welcome party?

Although, thinking about his potential parishioners, I think I favour the idea of e-mailing the bishop. Perhaps alerting him to some of the threads on this forum - or some of the blogs that have been quoted.

Dave

In reality most of the churches on Sunday morning are near empty, and most of the pubs on Sunday lunchtime are full. The only churches that are always busy are the evangelical kind many of which are privately owned and run like a club. The rest of my family are all devout christians. I am the only one to truly have seen the light !!

Tim

Rob,

Closer than you think ... http://www.glouceste...p?articleid=680

I think we've missed this particular boat. That Press Release is dated 22 March and, trawling back through the Diocese Press Releases, it looks as though the Rev was installed earlier this year. Sorry to spoil the fun! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Paul Evans

I think we've missed this particular boat. That Press Release is dated 22 March and, trawling back through the Diocese Press Releases, it looks as though the Rev was installed earlier this year. Sorry to spoil the fun! rolleyes.gif

Ahh, OK, there was no year on it, so I assumed it was next March. Pity.

I think we've missed this particular boat. That Press Release is dated 22 March and, trawling back through the Diocese Press Releases, it looks as though the Rev was installed earlier this year.

It looks like he's been in a hurry to make his booked services then.

CWDF welcome party?

Although, thinking about his potential parishioners, I think I favour the idea of e-mailing the bishop. Perhaps alerting him to some of the threads on this forum - or some of the blogs that have been quoted.

That's interesting. There is no mention of him here,

Nick

That's interesting. There is no mention of him here,

Nick

But if you look here, you'll see that a certain MR takes services most Sundays in the Coln River group of churches. clicky .

Also he's listed in Crockford's (The Ecclesiastical Directory).

Edited by koukouvagia

I wonder if trying to scupper his chances of becoming a vicar again (as some seem to be trying to do) is such a good idea - if successful it could mean he remains inflicted upon the waterways.... :(

I wonder if trying to scupper his chances of becoming a vicar again (as some seem to be trying to do) is such a good idea - if successful it could mean he remains inflicted upon the waterways.... :(

I agree. if he gets to re vicarised then that would keep him out of the way of sensible people :cheers:

Tim