Ex Rev Martin Reed strikes again!

johnmck

Featured Posts

One of the comments on the blog (though it doesn't cite a source of the info) says that his boats will cease to trade from the end of this 'cruising season...' may we all hope!

Frankly he should count himself lucky he's not taken a good kicking before now. Act like a big bolshy t**t often enough and sooner or later you're bound to fall foul of someone bigger and badder than you. :cheers:

Edited by Theo
Norty language

We met him around Hatton a few yrs back IIRC - Ran straight towards us with Motor & butty tied together as we exited the lock! - Not a big problem as we can steer out of the way quickly !

However as seems to be the norm we had the expletives - I responded with a lift of my glass & 'Yes lovely day' which seemed to upset him even more !!!

Such a difference to the pair of hotel boats we met on the Macc at Bosley , we planned to stop at the top & take a shower & water up , there was a pair there (One below the top lock & the other on the water point) crew had lock ready for the boat on the water point (Just finishing watering up)

No No - They said , if you are carrying on off you go take the lock - Of course this set the flight against them, but they still worked us thru the top lock with a smile !

Hotel boats are not all bad!

Read N.B. Chance's blog http://narrowboatchance.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/hotel-boats-oak-and-ash-strike-again-at.html

Appears the divine reverand is at it again.

What an arse the man is!

What is it about people like that?

Wouldn't you just enjoy bumping into him ( not literaly) on a monday morning

Not every week I might add.

But just once. When you have one of those monday mornings lol

Whilst I have not had any personal exchanges with the reverend gentleman, I did once witness his entire crew abandoning ship mid trip, because of his apparently intolerable attitude towards them.

Edited by David Schweizer

Is this the same guy that was on waterworld a few years back ?

Think the motor and butty where called oak and ash

I was wondering exactly the same thing,surely not. Please enlighten us

Edit for stupid ipad typos!

Edited by Escape

Read N.B. Chance's blog http://narrowboatchance.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/hotel-boats-oak-and-ash-strike-again-at.html

Appears the divine reverand is at it again.

What an arse the man is!

What they should do is make a complaint to the police. His actions constitute an assault and criminal damage, simples! Lets see him in the pulpit of a court, would be a sell out hearing!

One of the comments on the blog (though it doesn't cite a source of the info) says that his boats will cease to trade from the end of this 'cruising season...' may we all hope!

Apparently he says he's finding it difficult to make the business pay. I wonder what proportion of his guests book for a second holiday?

I couldn't help smiling at the irony of these remarks on the Rev's. Website:

"In 2004, needing a break from the stress of ministry, I built Oak & Ash, two Canal Boats which I have operated as a cruising hotel for the past seven years....over the years the stress has receded."

I wonder what his sermons were like?

If you go on one of his trips you can find out. He's going to return to his work as a part time vicar and run "retreat cruises" on his boats. He'll be giving 5 to 10 minute talks throughout the day followed by periods of meditation. The cruises offer "a chance to step aside from the rush of the world into quiet."

Perhaps his guests are so deeply engaged in the quiet meditation he advertises that they fail to notice the excitement going on all around them.

I was almost tempted to apply for the job he was offering..... would have been like working in Fawlty Towers!

I know someone who (very briefly!) worked for the owner of Oak and Ash many years ago. But the title Rev, or ex Rev, is news to me - and probably him too.

I have witnessed his behaviour first hand at Alvecote and was stunned that someone could really be that aggressive and nasty. especially with his paying guests covering their faces in embarrassment on the front deck.

I hope he is serious about retiring from the waterways, I was sure that when he passed us (while we were laughing with incredulity) he said that it was because of stupid boaters like us that he was selling up.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

We have meet Oak & Ash more than a few times and the Rev comes across as a very arrogant person in his attitude to all others around him.

We once witnessed him demanding another boater off a water point because in his words " i am running a business and have proirity over you "

Another instance very recently he sent one of his guest forward to warn us a hotel pair were coming, upon leaving the lock below, he had positioned his butty in such a position as to leave very little room for manourve and shouted at the wife not to hit his boat.

We try to keep clear of him and his boats whereever possible