Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

To my fairly limited knowledge of Englands Coalboats, it seems reasonably up to date. But if rather than having a pop, you'd rather update the info, just let Martin or myself know, or post on here any new information. I know, I'll regret posting from the pub on a Saturday night, but hay-ho, lifes to short ;-)

To my fairly limited knowledge of Englands Coalboats, it seems reasonably up to date. But if rather than having a pop, you'd rather update the info, just let Martin or myself know, or post on here any new information. I know, I'll regret posting from the pub on a Saturday night, but hay-ho, lifes to short ;-)

It certainly wasn't a pop.

I've only had need to look on there once for the phone number of my local coal boat (Archimedes) and it was wrong and out of date (well out of date I'm led to believe). Now I'm not stupid enough to assume that it's all out of date, but it also didn't fill me with much confidence that it is kept up to date.

It certainly wasn't a pop.

I've only had need to look on there once for the phone number of my local coal boat (Archimedes) and it was wrong and out of date (well out of date I'm led to believe). Now I'm not stupid enough to assume that it's all out of date, but it also didn't fill me with much confidence that it is kept up to date.

You are correct James on Archimedes does need to have update his name & phone, I'll pass this on to Martin. Butthis list does rely on people passing on changes of information. Over the past few weeks there has been quite a few updates to the list including changes of ownership of Bletchley & Heart of Gold.

So please folk keep this list up to date by passing on any changes that you know of.

Cheers, Brian

There's a fuel boat currently in Seend on the K&A, the chap kindly knocked on our boat asking if we needed diesel, we've hardly used any though since coming on the water, so said no. He didn't have a business card on him and we can't remember his name now. It's 2 narrowboats doubled up though mainly Blue coloured, think the name was Jackson, says sign writer on the boat as well, diesel is £0.86ppl had plenty of coal on board too.

That would be Andy and Janine on Scavenger and Tipton. The original and long established coal and diesel boat on the k&A. Good to see they have at ast come down the flight again..

Anyone know of a fuel boat on lower T+M that comes through regularly (once a month ish)? Callisto presumably doesn't (hasn't ever responded to my email/txts/voicemails). Hadar has wandered past several months ago, but didn't quite catch them. Don't think they have any regular route tho.

Anyone know of a fuel boat on lower T+M that comes through regularly (once a month ish)? Callisto presumably doesn't (hasn't ever responded to my email/txts/voicemails). Hadar has wandered past several months ago, but didn't quite catch them. Don't think they have any regular route tho.

You could try Rick on Auriga, possibly he comes up to Fradley? Or Chris Iddon on Merchant is listed as covering the Southern T&M. See http://www.lock13.co.uk/boats/coaldiesel.htm for contact details. For Mark on Calisto it is quite a difficult area to cover given winter stoppages/weather.

HTH, Cheers, Brian

You could try Rick on Auriga, possibly he comes up to Fradley? Or Chris Iddon on Merchant is listed as covering the Southern T&M. See http://www.lock13.co.uk/boats/coaldiesel.htm for contact details. For Mark on Calisto it is quite a difficult area to cover given winter stoppages/weather.

HTH, Cheers, Brian

I think Chris Iddon, Merchant is, for some reason, back on the Thames at Staines. Certainly has been the last couple of times I have been past - last time was late September.

The boatyards new fuel boat will be heading for Foxhangers end of K&A = bottom of Caen Hill some time tomorrow. I think they're still 0.82ppl

Only a few weeks on the K&A and you starting to suffer from "Western End Culture". Foxhangers is NOT actually the end of the K&A, If you go up that big flight of locks there is another whole universe, including over 50 miles of K&A tongue.png

..........Dave

Only a few weeks on the K&A and you starting to suffer from "Western End Culture". Foxhangers is NOT actually the end of the K&A, If you go up that big flight of locks there is another whole universe, including over 50 miles of K&A tongue.png

..........Dave

Dave ... shhhhhhh ... keep it to yourself! (But if a coal boat did make it this end they would probably get some good business.)

Any boats that service the K&A near Theale? I have looked at website, but didn't see any. Looking for coal, gas and possibly pump out.

Yes, that's a nice part of the world, but not many coal/service boats.

I think the guys immediately below the bridge at The Cunning Man (Burghfield Island) sell coal, and will deliver it to your boat if you're moored anywhere by the pub. They ordered me some filters and supplied us with water when we used them. They have a pump-out barge as well.

There's also coal merchants Pinnock Bros in Thatcham -- just the other side of the rail station from the public moorings about a five-minute walk. Look for a stuffed monkey hanging from one of their sheds. (Really! It sometimes wears a Santa suit this time of year.) (About £12/bag last year). Someone told me they would deliver right to the moorings ... but they seemed awfully reluctant for me, despite my offer of 'any time, any day' over the following week. But , you might be able to sweet-talk them.

Greenham Island marina up in Newbury sell lots of coal (about £14/25kg bag) and do pump-outs and diesel (95p/ltr last week) and LPG.

Various petrol stations along this end of the K&A sell coal. Mostly crappy house coal, but I discovered e-Coal this way last year (about £12/20kg? bag), that I really liked. Made up of 50% bio materials, things like olive pits, and 50% coal I found it to burn a bit longer but not quite as hot as usual nuggets.

Coal boat Ariel is all loaded up and will be delivering on the Bridgewater Canal between Worsley, Castlefield and Preston Brook this weekend. Please get in touch with Liam on 07748 958303 if you need any supplies.

We've reloaded Alton in Chester this morning, today we're heading south towards Barbridge. Tomorrow Sun 2nd Dec we're delivering through Nantwich & across the Branch to Middlewich. Mon & Tues we'll be through Anderton to Preston Brook where we'll wind & head south on the T&M to Wheelock. Wed & Thurs we'll be up the Cheshire Locks & the Lowe Macc. On Friday we'll reload at Oakgrove, prior to running up the Macc & Peak Forest to Whaley Bridge over next weekend.

If you need fuels or other supplies just give us a call on 07791345004.

Cheers, Brian