Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

Any diesel and gas boats on the Rochdale? We will be heading up the Rochdale 9 tomorrow. Thence to Sowerby Bridge.

N

No, I'm sorry to say the Rochdale just hasn't got enough boats on it to support a coal boat. We deliver by road once a month to New Islington Marina or there's Shire Cruisers in Sowerby Bridge. It's a gorgeous cut once you get out of Manchester, have a good trip :-).

Cheers, Brian

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if Mark on Callister (?) Will be doing the Soar this winter? We only spotted him once last year, and would like to get diesel and, hopefully, some excel off him.

Dunno... I've emailed, and left txt and voicemail before to see if he was coming through Shardlow at all, and never had a reply. Presumed they are either not trading, or not coming up this way.

He is trading but the last I heard is that he does not do the Soar in the winter because he got trapped to many times with flooding.

I also believe he does do runs in the summer and supplies the permanent moorers with enough supplies of solid fuel to last the winter.

Never missed areply with us, I know he will be on the Ashby Wednesday 5th November, if all goes to plan.

Of course he cannot get past Atherstone (Coventry Canal) until 14th December, stoppages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well once again we've had a busy month & trade is definitely picking up as autumn ends & winter draws on ;-). Just A quick update on Alton's latest schedule:-

This weekend we're running from Oakgrove (Br 49 of the Macc), through to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth, then back over Mon/Tues.
Then Wed 26th to Fri 28th Nov we'll be delivering from Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Acton Bridge on the T&M via Congleton, Kidsgrove & Middlewich.
Sat 29th Nov to Mon 1st Dec:- Acton Bridge to Ellesmere Port via Middlewich, Nantwich & Chester.
Mon 1st to Thurs 4th Dec:- Ellesmere Port to Oakgrove ( Br49 Macc) via Chester, Barbridge, Middlewich, Kidsgrove & Congleton.
Sat 6th Dec to Tues 9th Dec:- Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Whaley Br & Bugsworth & return.

Please note the above schedule is our plan, but is subject to change due to weather, traffic, customer volumes, good pubs or other factors outside our control. During the winter months, at times we struggle to stock sufficient fuels to meet ad-hoc demand, so to ensure a delivery please pre-order with a text or call to us on 07791345004.

Cheers, Brian & Ann Marie

Edited by NB Alton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news,

Peter Wakeham has added to his fuel boat fleet and will be running NB Cygnus South of Denham after Xmas. He has already installed the Pump out machine and is busy installing the diesel pumps. I'll update as soon as Cygnus is out and about. Pete's number 0777166497

Pete, his son Noah and His semi tamed French man Dom operate the following.

Ash - Brentford to Bulls Bridge / LV

Taurus pushed by Tom Tug - Bulls Bridge to LV

Baron - LV to Limehouse and beyond

Cygnus - Denham - south presumably to Bulls Bridge.

This is great news for London boaters and encouraging for businesses on the cut.

Callisto has just sold us some coal and Gas outside Calcutt marina.

He is on his way north to Braunston, up and down the locks before the stoppage. Taking in a bit of the Leicester section then back to the North Oxford and taking in the Ashby.

First time I've met him. Nice bloke.

Martyn

Went past Braunston two days (or maybe three) heading up the locks towards Norton Junction, was towing a very, very tired butty, missed the name of the butty.

Had been past before that heading in the other direction, solo.

Edited by bottle

Thanks Keith, I knew he was heading up that way to pick up a butty, but thought he said he would be back down this way "next week", which would have been in the last 3 or 4 days. He must be having a hard go of it, mind you when we seen him last he was by himself and it was before those 3 or 4 days of ice as well.

Ta

B~

Went past Braunston two days (or maybe three) heading up the locks towards Norton Junction, was towing a very, very tired butty, missed the name of the butty.

Had been past before that heading in the other direction, solo.

I believe the 'tired' butty is Hyades which I think has been at Brinklow having some work done, so I presume it wasn't cosmetic!

A few days ago they were headed south from Braunston so should be with you soon Bettie Boo.

Edited by junior