Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

• 3 weeks later...

Just passed a fuel boat (Ash) at Westbourne Grove in west London. She was heading towards Paddington. Shame as I filled up at High Line in Iver at £1 per litre plus declaration. Off to moor somewhere near Limehouse in readiness of the St Pancras trip down the Thames next Friday. Lovely day here in London today, bright sunshine if a tad cold.

you know, i may be able to make an app that, if the fuel boats have a GPS tracker/active smart phone, will be able to constantly show you the closest ones...

I have been thinking of making a app designed for boaters just as a side hobby.

Edited by Jenza

• 3 weeks later...

Well after making deliveries right up to Christmas Eve, eve, we we're really looking forward to a Christmas & New Year Break. We had a lovely chilled out time with a relaxing Christmas spent on the boat, followed by a fun few days catching up with family & friends. So a good break left us refreshed & ready to tackle whatever 2014 has in store for us. So Happy New Year to you all & wishing you a happy & healthy year ahead :-).

Better late than never here's our January 2014 Schedule:-

Thurs 2nd - Fri 3rd: Road deliveries to Cheshire Run inc Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Ellesmere Port, Northwich & River Weaver

Sat 4th - Sun 5th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Whaley Bridge via Macclesfield, Poynton & Marple

Mon 6th - Tues 7th. Return Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) via Marple, Poynton & Macclesfield.

Wed 8th: Road deliveries to Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Ellesmere Port, Northwich & River Weaver

Thurs 9th - Fri 10th: Road deliveries to Whaley Bridge, Hyde, Ashton under Lyne & Manchester

Mon 13th: Road deliveries to Caldon Canal, Stoke on Trent, Stone, Audlem & Manchester

Tue 14th & Thurs 16th: Road deliveries to Cheshire Run inc, Macclesfield Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Northwich, Anderton & Preston Brook

Sat 18th - Sun 19th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Whaley Bridge via Macclesfield, Poynton & Marple

Mon 20th - Tues 21st: Return Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) via Marple, Poynton & Macclesfield.

Mon 27th - Tues 28th: Road deliveries to Whaley Bridge, Hyde, Ashton under Lyne & Manchester

Wed 29th & Fri 31st: Road deliveries to Cheshire Run inc, Macclesfield Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Northwich, Anderton & Preston Brook

Please note this is our planned schedule, which may be subject to change due to traffic, customer volume, stoppages & weather. If you require supplies, to ensure delivery please text or call us on 07791345004.

Cheers, Brian

• 2 weeks later...

We have modified our schedule slightly so the update is shown below:-

Tues 28th & Thurs 30th: Road deliveries to Cheshire Run inc, Macclesfield Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Northwich, Anderton & Preston Brook

Sat 1st - Sun 2nd Feb : Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Whaley Bridge via Macclesfield, Poynton & Marple
Mon 3rd - Tues 4th Feb: Return Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) via Marple, Poynton & Macclesfield

Wed 5th - Thurs 6th Feb: Road deliveries to Whaley Bridge, Hyde, Ashton under Lyne & Manchester

Please note this is our revised schedule, which may be subject to change due to traffic, customer volume, stoppages & weather. If you require supplies, to ensure delivery please text or call us on 07791345004.

Cheers, Brian

you know, i may be able to make an app that, if the fuel boats have a GPS tracker/active smart phone, will be able to constantly show you the closest ones...

That would be very handy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well 2014 has certainly got off to a stormy start, we've been battered by rain, hail & high winds, but you know us, we're out delivering whatever the weather. The weather has certainly tested out our boating skills, patience & determination. As usual our customers have been brilliant, keeping us going with good banter, coffees & even breakfast! (thanks Shaun & Sue on NB Whisper).

We're not really into new years resolutions but one thing we are determined to do in 2014 was to take a bit more time off. It's so easy when you work for yourself & love what you do to find that you're working all the hours god sends. But everyone needs some downtime so we're making a concerted effort to take some time out for ourselves as well as to spend time with friends & family. The weekend of 11/12th would have been my parents 50th wedding anniversary (my Mum passed away in 2012) so we decided to organise a McGuigan family weekend, where 3 generations could get together to celebrate. We had a lovely time staying with our friends the Fletchers near Hebden Bridge in their amazing home. We laughed, cried, ate, drank, chilled, reminisced, remembered & all in all had a great weekend! A fortnight later we were ready for more R&R, on another dire day we enjoyed foodie shopping at Macclesfield's Treacle Market, followed by me taking a walk up Teggs Nose whilst Ann Marie decided to do some baking :-). So we're determined to keep enjoying a little bit more down time each month.

With the recent stoppages at Booth Lane Locks & Middlewich, we've been doing all our Cheshire round by road deliveries. Hopefully we'll be able back delivering by boat during February as we've managed to get a "window" through the Middlewich stoppage, it'll be tight for time, but we'll crack on & give it our best shot!

So, this means that our schedule for Feb 2014 looks like this

Sat 1st - Sun 2nd Feb : Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Whaley Bridge via Macclesfield, Poynton & Marple

Mon 3rd - Tues 4th Feb: Return Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) via Marple, Poynton & Macclesfield

Wed 5th - Thurs 6th Feb: Road deliveries to Whaley Bridge, Hyde, Ashton under Lyne & Manchester

Tues 11th - Thurs 13th: Road deliveries to Cheshire Run inc Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Ellesmere Port, Northwich & River Weaver in addition Stoke, Stone and Audlem

Fri 14th - Sun 16th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Whaley Bridge via Macclesfield, Poynton & Marple

Sun 16th - Mon 17th. Return Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) via Marple, Poynton & Macclesfield.

Tues 18th - Fri 21st Oakgrove to Preston Brook via Congleton. Kidsgrove, Middlewich and Anderton

Fri 21st - Mon 24th Preston Brook to Ellesmere Port via Anderton, Middlewich, Nantwich and Chester

Mon 24th - Thurs 27th Ellesmere Port to Oakgrove (br 49) Macc via Chester, Barbridge, Middlewich and Congleton

Sat 1st - Sun 2nd March : Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Whaley Bridge via Macclesfield, Poynton & Marple

Mon 3rd - Tues 4th March: Return Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) via Marple, Poynton & Macclesfield

Wed 5th - Thurs 6th March: Road deliveries to Whaley Bridge, Hyde, Ashton under Lyne & Manchester

Please note this is our planned schedule, which may be subject to change due to traffic, customer volume, stoppages & weather. If you require supplies, to ensure delivery please text or call us on 07791345004.

Cheers, Brian

Renaissance Canal Carrying

• 4 weeks later...

waterexplorer.co.uk

NB Alton already uses it.............as do we

Edited by tillergirl

• 2 weeks later...

Well our plan of taking a bit more time out has failed big time this past month. When we're not been running Alton we've been delivering by road, hitching fenders or running fendermaking classes, all good fun though so I'm not complaining :-).

With most stoppages completed its good to see more boats & boaters out on the cut, enjoying the sunshine. Over the coming fortnight we're out on Alton on our Cheshire run. Today we're delivering from Macclesfield to Rode Heath, then tomorrow & Thursday (19/20th) we're through Wheelock, Middlewich, Anderton & Preston Brook. Over Friday to Sunday (21st - 23rd) we'll be back through Middlewich, across the branch to Nantwich & then up to Chester & Ellesmere Port.

Next week we'll head back to Macclesfield to reload prior to making our way up to Whaley Bridge over the weekend (29th - 30th).

Please note, the above is our planned schedule which may change slightly depending on stoppage, customers or traffic. To ensure delivery please call or text us your order on 07791345004.

Cheers, Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone give me the lowdown on fuel boats that cover Braunston please? Also to save me phoning them all, anyone know if there is one heading in this direction over the next few days?

I believe it is cheaper to crane you boat out and take it to the nearest Shell garage than it it is to fill up in Braunston Marina?

We've just been been notified The coal boat is doing another trip from Hilperton to Foxhangers tomorrow.

DIESEL £0.80ppl

We thought it was their last run last time out for the winter, seems there's plenty of business about, been quite a bit of movement this end of the K&A

Edited by Julynian

Good to see quite a few boats out & about on the T&M, Macc & Peak Forest too.

Coalboat Alton's April schedule is as follows:-

Thurs 3rd - Fri 4th: Road deliveries to Whaley Bridge, Hyde, Ashton under Lyne & Manchester

Tues 8th - Thurs 10th: Road deliveries to Cheshire Run inc Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Ellesmere Port, Northwich & River Weaver in addition Stoke, Stone and Audlem

Fri 11th : Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Whaley Bridge via Macclesfield, Poynton & Marple

Sat 12th - Sun 13th: Return Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) via Marple, Poynton & Macclesfield.

Mon 14th - Fri 18th: Oakgrove to Ellesmere Port via Congleton. Kidsgrove, Middlewich and Nantwich

Sat 19th - Sun 20th: Attending the Easter Boaters Gathering at Ellesmere Port see:- http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/national-waterways-museum/events/2014/04/18/easter-boat-gathering-and-sea-shanty-festival-at-the-national-waterways-museum-ellesmere-port

Mon 21st - Wed 23rd: Ellesmere Port River Weaver & Preston Brook, via Chester & Middlewich.

Thurs 24th - Fri 25th: Preston Brook to Oakgrove (br 49) Macc via Middlewich and Congleton

Sat 26th - Sun 27th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Whaley Bridge via Macclesfield, Poynton & Marple

Mon 28th: Return Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) via Marple, Poynton & Macclesfield

Wed 30th: Road deliveries to Whaley Bridge, Hyde, Ashton under Lyne & Manchester

Cheers, Brian & Ann Marie

• 3 weeks later...

The boatyards new fuel boat will be heading for Foxhangers end of K&A = bottom of Caen Hill some time tomorrow. I think they're still 0.82ppl

Now down to 80p

Can anyone give me the lowdown on fuel boats that cover Braunston please? Also to save me phoning them all, anyone know if there is one heading in this direction over the next few days?

I believe it is cheaper to crane you boat out and take it to the nearest Shell garage than it it is to fill up in Braunston Marina?

True

I thought I would just bump this site http://www.lock13.co.uk/boats/coaldiesel.htm which tells you where the boats cover

Now down to 80p

True

I thought I would just bump this site http://www.lock13.co.uk/boats/coaldiesel.htm which tells you where the boats cover

Hi Ditch

Yeah we were there the day before we met you and topped up all tanks. Great to meet you & your wife BTW. How are you getting on, Bristol still not possible I think.

ETA

I've just realised you have a blog, so I now how you're getting on, nice one! smile.png

Edited by Julynian

Hi Ditch

Yeah we were there the day before we met you and topped up all tanks. Great to meet you & your wife BTW. How are you getting on, Bristol still not possible I think.

No, I think we will call it a day when we get to Bath and then creep back. No sign of you when we passed so I didn't like to hoot and wake you.

No, I think we will call it a day when we get to Bath and then creep back. No sign of you when we passed so I didn't like to hoot and wake you.

Cheers LOL I'm guessing you set off early.

There's been a lot of new development in Bath around the train & bus station area, if you've been to Bath in the past it was always a bit scruffy around the bus station, that area is hardly recognisable now It's all been demolished and worth a visit, it's quite well designed and mostly in keeping with the Georgian architecture with some modernism thrown in. Some very interesting eateries there as well. It is basically a large open shopping mall now though, although a pretty upmarket one LOL My brother was lucky enough to get a flat in that development too.