Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

Victoria heading into Limehouse tomorrow (Saturday) from Stonebridge. Gas, Deisel, and these nights are still cold, so not forgetting coal. Give me a call, text, message, or just shout if you want owt!

Cheers,

Mikey

07414 707 110

Edited by mykaskin

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been a bit of a crazy month for us. We've had to replace Alton's Engine after a big end failure. Luckily we we're able to source a replacenent engine & get back up & running in a week. Thanks to George Boyle, Jim Ling, Charles Mills for their help & advice. In addition Steve Priest was brilliant getting the replacement Petter PD2M engine re-assembled, whilst Tim Leech & Paul Dawson have been absolute stars, dropping whatever they we're doing to get on the spanners.

With a few teething problems we made it up to the Lymm Historic Transport Rally and are now heading back. Today we're running from Anderton to Wheelock. Then tomorrow up the Cheshire Locks & back onto the Macc. Then over Thurs. & Fri we'll be delivering up to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth Basin. Then on Saturday we'll return to Marple to attend the Marple Locks festival on Sunday 30th June, where I'll try & catch up on some of my fendermaking backlog.

Cheers, Brian

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'll do my bit to keep it up to date :-)

Alton's Update:-

We might have had to miss out on one of our favourite events, Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival but we were determined to get up & running for Lymm Transport Festival. We just about made it having suffered a few teething problems with the new engine on route, thanks again to Tim Leech for his help before, during & after the Lymm rally. Anyway it was well worth the effort, Lymm was a lovely festival, one of the highlights from the boating point of view was the wideboats Severn (L&L short boat) & the West Country Keel Pauline. It was a lovely weekend with a great atmosphere. There was all kinds of transport from bicycles to horse drawn milkfloats, Citroen 2CV's to Ford F100 pick ups as well as some tractors & agricultural machinery. On Sunday afternoon there was a parade of boats which I had fun doing an informal commentary to the crowd on the bank around Alton.

Anyway, a bit later than planned, here's Alton's Schedule for July 2013

Thurs 4th: Road deliveries to Hyde, Ashton-under-Lyne, Droylesden & Manchester

Sat 6th - Sun 7th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Marple, Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth Basin

Mon 8th - Thurs 11th: Bugsworth Basin to Ellesmere Port via Macclesfield, Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Barbridge & Chester

Fri 12th - Sat 13th: Ellesmere Port to Anderton, via Chester, Barbridge & Middlewich

Sun 14th: River Weaver

Mon 15th Anderton to Preston Brook

Wed 17th to Fri 19th: Preston Brook to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) via Middlewich, Kidsgrove & Congleton

Sat 20th - Sun 21st: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Marple, Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth Basin

Mon 22nd: Bugsworth Basin to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc)

Don't forget, the above is our planned schedule but this may be subject to change due to traffic, stoppages, customer volumes, pub stops or other things outside our control. So if you do need supplies, to ensure delivery please give us a call or text on 07791345004 & we'll arrange delivery.

Cheers, Brian

• 5 weeks later...

Well we're just back from our holiday to the World Meeting of 2CV Friends in Alcaniz Spain.

The weather was scorching with temperatures in the high 30's. We caught up with friends we haven't seen in ages, sampled the local beers (Ambar Especial being the beer of choice at the meeting), wines & sangria and admired a great selection of A-series Citroens.

After the meeting we spent a few days in Barcelona. What an amazing city, my neck is still aching from looking up at all the architecture. We did a "fat tyre" bike tour which was a great introduction to the place. We enjoyed mooching round the port & the beach, we couldn't keep away from boats for long and enjoyed a lovely sunset cruise on the sailing catamaran Orsom.

So we're now back to reality, refreshed & ready to get back on the tiller!

Whilst we were away George & Craig where on board, working Alton for the first weekend of the month. So a big thank you to them for enabling us to get away.

Alton's Schedule for Aug/Sept 2013 is as follows;-).

Sat 3rd - Sun 4th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Bugsworth & Whaley Bridge via Marple

Tues 5th: Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc)

Wed 14th/Thurs 15th - Road deliveries to Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Anderton, Preston Brook, River Weaver, Manchester

Sat 17th - Sun 18th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Bugsworth & Whaley Bridge via Marple

Mon 19th: Bugswoth to Ashton-Under-Lyne via Marple.

Tues 20th - Thurs 29th: Alton on Dock for blacking & maintenance.

Fri 30th -Sat 31st Ashton Under Line to Whaley Bridge/Bugsworth

September 13

Sun 1st Sept - Wed 4th Bugsworth/Whaley Bridge to Preston Brook via Oakgrove, Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Anderton

Thurs 5th - Fri 6th: Preston Brook to River Weaver

Sat 7th-Sun 8th: Anderton to Ellesmere Port via Middlewich, Nantwich, Chester

Mon 9th-Thurs 12th: Ellesmere Port to Oakgrove via Chester, Barbridge, Middlewich, Kidsgrove, Congleton

Sat 14th - Sun 15th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Bugsworth & Whaley Bridge via Marple

Mon 16th: Bugswoth to Ashton-Under-Lyne via Marple.

Tues 17th - Thurs 26th: Alton having maintenance on cabin.

Fri 27th -Sat 29th Ashton Under Line to Whaley Bridge/Bugsworth

Cheers, Brian

It looks like most of the other coalboats are too busy enjoying the summer to update their whereabouts ;-) , so I'll update what I know.

John & Jenny on Roach have been busy bagging coal at Awbridge so I guess they'll be out & about on their regular routes over the next few weeks.

James on Archemedies is on the mend, he's just finished a run around London area & is now out on the Thames for a few weeks.

Mike Askins has been at Brinklow Boat Services for the past few weeks having repairs done to Victoria's hull (very good they look too). He's now set off for Oxford & then onto the Thames.

That's about as much news as I've heard, but if anyone else has any coalboat news or sightings just post it up, Autumn's not far away :-).

Don't forget you can find your information about your nearest coal/diesel boats at:- http://www.lock13.co.uk/boats/coaldiesel.htm .

Cheers, Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone supplying diesel near Chester?

Yes, we'll be around Chester in about a week, currently on the Macclesfield, then down the T&M to Preston Brook for Wednesday, River Weaver on Thurs/Fri then Middlewich, Nantwich, Chester & Ellesmere Port Sat/Sun/Mon 7/8/9th September.

Cheers, Brian

I will keep my eye out for you Brian. Need a fill up :-)[/quote ] No worries, we'll look out for you, hopefully you'll here us coming :-)

After a busy week on the dock for maintenance & blacking, we're off on our first big coal run of the Autumn.

Our schedule for September 2013 is as follows:-

Sun 1st - Wed 4th: Whaley Bridge to Preston Brook via Marple, Macclesfield, Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich & Anderton

Thurs 5th - Fri 6th: Preston Brook to River Weaver via Anderton Boat Lift

Sat 7th - Sun 8th: Anderton to Ellesmere Port via Middlewich, Nantwich & Chester

Mon 9th - Sun 15th: Ellesmere Port to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth via Chester, Barbridge, Middlewich, Kidsgrove, Congleton, Macclesfield & Marple

Sun 15th - Mon 16th: Bugsworth Basin to Ashton under Lyne, via Marple

Tues 17th - Wed 25th: Cabin repairs to Alton

Thurs 26th - Fri 27th: Ashton under Lyne to Bugsworth Basin & Whaley Bridge via Marple

Sat 28th - Sun 29th: Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc), via Marple & Macclesfield

Mon 30th - Thurs 3rd Oct: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Preston Brook via Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich & Anderton

Please note this is our planned schedule, which may be subject to change due to traffic, customer volume, stoppages & weather. If you require supplies, to ensure delivery please text or call us on 07791345004.

Cheers, Brian

We used to get our coal from Viv on Monarch , then last year we had Mike on Victoria........ They are both gone on to pastures new now.

Are there any coal boats that service the top end of The Staffs & Worcs now? We only buy an occasional bag as we are leisure boaters. There is a small kiosk opened at the Hatherton junction and we can get our supplies there but we always prefer to support the boats if we can

We used to get our coal from Viv on Monarch , then last year we had Mike on Victoria........ They are both gone on to pastures new now.

Are there any coal boats that service the top end of The Staffs & Worcs now? We only buy an occasional bag as we are leisure boaters. There is a small kiosk opened at the Hatherton junction and we can get our supplies there but we always prefer to support the boats if we can

I don't think there's anyone that covers that area regular Jan, it's not an easy "patch". Jacko & Jenny on Roach may be thru occasionally or another Coalboats stocking up from them.

As a general guide Martin Clarks website at http://lock13.co.uk/boats/coaldiesel.htm is very good for updating any developments in the coalboat world :-).

Cheers, Brian

Alton & St Austell are stuck on the Lower Peak Forest Canal with a large branch blocking the canal nr Hyde Bank Tunnel (BW are aware). We're on our way to Ashton. We supply a variety of coal & smokeless fuels, diesel, logs, kindling, p/o, ropes, fenders and much more. Later in the month we're heading to Marple, Whaley Bridge, Macclesfield, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Anderton, River Weaver inc Acton Bridge Steam Rally. For more info see our blog at www.furnessvale.blogspot.com or find us on twitter as Coalboat. To place an order you can call us on 07791345004 or email nbalton102@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks you guys for helping us in Marple Locks last week - glad to have your details when we're cruising

Thanks you guys for helping us in Marple Locks last week - glad to have your details when we're cruising

Good to meet you, hope you get settled in to you're new boat & new mooring in Macc. If you like a good pint of ale the Wharf just down the road in Macc serves excellent beer :-). Hopefully see you again on the cut soon.

Cheers, Brian

Mark is on his way to Shackie as of today and will be heading back down in the Braunston direction next week, I spoke to him today.

I did, however, forget to ask about the Leicester ring despite us only talking about it on Monday!

ah, I knew mark was doing shackerstone, wonder if PB misheard and thought he meant Shroppie.

Cheers for the list, Brian, seems like I have moved to the only area that doesn't have a diesel /coal boat!!! Typical.:banghead:

I think Mark on Callisto covers you P, I know he delivered 500g of diesel to one of the big barges at your place.

Yeah, did ask for some but he had none on the return journey and now off to the shroppie!
Mark is on his way to Shackie as of today and will be heading back down in the Braunston direction next week, I spoke to him today.

I did, however, forget to ask about the Leicester ring despite us only talking about it on Monday!

Hopefully Mark on Callisto is just off to Shacky rather than "Shroppie" :-). Fingers crossed he'll be back on the Leicester ring soon. If you need to get in touch with him is phone number is 0770 203 1718 or email info@canalcarrying.com

Cheers, Brian