Rosie & Jim

RichM

Featured Posts

That's the first time I had seen an episode of  Rosie & Jim, thanks for posting it.  I didn't have a TV when they were originally being broadcast.  A shame that stretching the original 4:3 format to widescreen has turned "Ragdoll" into a fattie! 

I would think that H&S would have a fit these days about the lockie opening one of the lower mitre gates and then  striding across the gap onto the still-closed other gate to open it. Not that I would ever do anything like that myself....

Edited by Ronaldo47
typos
  • Greenie 2

For a number of years I moored alongside the support boat for the series. The owner ran the support side of things. Some of the stories he told were quite entertaining. Surprisingly the above clip is the first time I've ever seen an episode.  

• Greenie 1

On 26/07/2023 at 11:54, Slim said:

For a number of years I moored alongside the support boat for the series. The owner ran the support side of things. Some of the stories he told were quite entertaining. Surprisingly the above clip is the first time I've ever seen an episode.  

I remember passing Ragdoll as a child back in the 1990s while on a narrowboat holiday. I wonder where Ragdoll is now?

• RichM changed the title to Rosie & Jim

When Rosie and Jim started on telly as full time liveaboards it used to drive us batty. Wherever we were moored up kids with parents used to call us Rosie and Jim. I am pleased to say we never owned either doll!

Better than Peppa Pig?

17 hours ago, RichM said:

I remember passing Ragdoll as a child back in the 1990s while on a narrowboat holiday. I wonder where Ragdoll is now?

No idea where or when this photo was taken but after "Rosie & Jim" days.

FEC33AF8-B3D3-4E0C-9CB3-453372145D0B.jpeg.e0178b135460e67237778ff965e537ff.jpg

• Greenie 1

On 25/07/2023 at 23:34, Ronaldo47 said:

I would think that H&S would have a fit these days about the lockie opening one of the lower mitre gates and then  striding across the gap onto the still-closed other gate to open it. Not that I would ever do anything like that myself....

They'd be even more upset by his lack of lifejacket! I wonder if modern volockiess respond to "Abracadabra, Superglue, open the gates and let us through!"

I prefer the Peppa Pig solution of pushing one lock gate and the one on the far side other automatically opening or closing with it. Need the CRT to install some of them

On 30/07/2023 at 17:40, enigmatic said:

I prefer the Peppa Pig solution of pushing one lock gate and the one on the far side other automatically opening or closing with it. Need the CRT to install some of them

They'd be even better if they opened in the correct direction!

• 1 month later...