Stolen Boat with a Police Crime number

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Seen this on Facebook too, just wondered how do you hide this on the canal, as it’s a big grey boat. There’s enough moaning about fatties so would think it’s noticeable??

One of thousands there, all the same...

God it's an ugly boat but the owner still doesn't deserve to have it stolen.

Not quite, anyway! 

• Happy 1

2 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Guard rail around the stern might be a distinguishing feature. 

Also painted in grey primer is certain way of disgusting a boat. Probably no one will know which boat it is.🤭

1 minute ago, Jon57 said:

Also painted in grey primer is certain way of disgusting a boat. Probably no one will know which boat it is.🤭

The stolen narrow boat I located in 2007 ish at Rickmansworth was in the process of being painted entirely in black which was a bit of a giveaway for a number of different reasons. 

5 minutes ago, Francis Herne said:

Reportedly found north of Denham Deep Lock, some items stolen but intact, according to comments on "London Boaters" FB.

Thats good news its found. Another guy had his cruiser nicked last week, got it back and it was nicked again the next day but I don't have a crime number for that.

I had my canoe (the red one on Lark's roof in my profile pic) stolen in Stoke Prior a month ago.

Fortunately, half the village had seen the local idiot wheel it down the street on a trolley! I went around the next morning and demanded it back.

A month later the police -- having been provided with the name and address of the thief (on bail for a previous offence), two CCTV clips of him taking it, several witness statements, and a text conversation in which he admits to having taken it -- still haven't even spoken to him or anyone else involved. They suggested I should drop the matter since I've got it back. And they wonder why many police forces solve zero thefts.

It's wooden, built by me to modified plans and with several novice "quirks", so would have been pretty hard to move on.

Edited by Francis Herne
  • Greenie 1

6 hours ago, Jon57 said:

Was "disgusting" a deliberate mistake/typo? 

Edited by Ianws
  • Happy 1

1 hour ago, Francis Herne said:

I had my canoe (the red one on Lark's roof in my profile pic) stolen in Stoke Prior a month ago.

Fortunately, half the village had seen the local idiot wheel it down the street on a trolley! I went around the next morning and demanded it back.

A month later the police -- having been provided with the name and address of the thief (on bail for a previous offence), two CCTV clips of him taking it, several witness statements, and a text conversation in which he admits to having taken it -- still haven't even spoken to him or anyone else involved. They suggested I should drop the matter since I've got it back. And they wonder why many police forces solve zero thefts.

It's wooden, built by me to modified plans and with several novice "quirks", so would have been pretty hard to move on.

A case for a chat with your MP about, I'd suggest.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, MtB said:

A case for a chat with your MP about, I'd suggest.

One problem with this itinerant boat dwelling thing is that my MP is variable!

I've considered contacting the relevant Police & Crime Commissioner - my view since they were introduced has been that it's primarily a jobs-for-our-Tory-mates scheme, but perhaps they're good for something.

EDIT: done that now.

Edited by Francis Herne
  • Greenie 1

10 hours ago, zenataomm said:

I imagine the thief came to the conclusion, having gotten it through one lock that he'd take up stamp collecting instead.

Denham Deep is after Uxbridge Town lock so I make that 2 locks

• 1 month later...