Pancake Day!

Hudds Lad

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Just been reminded by hungry daughter that it’s Shrove Tuesday. 

Old school sugar and lemon it is

Exactly the same here, though grandaugter is with us so shes having some blueberries on hers.

32 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Just come across a totally new pancake recipe involving no flour or milk - just mashed banana and egg.  Going to try it tonight.

Daughter just said she was going to try that tonight.

3 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Just come across a totally new pancake recipe involving no flour or milk - just mashed banana and egg.  Going to try it tonight.

Well, that wasn't entirely successful.  Didn't hold together well - certainly couldn't have tossed it.  And a peculiar greyish-yellow colour.  And the taste was only redeemed by the home made strawberry jam.  Thank you, Raymond Blanc.  I hope RobM's daughter had more success.

11 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Well, that wasn't entirely successful.  Didn't hold together well - certainly couldn't have tossed it.  And a peculiar greyish-yellow colour.  And the taste was only redeemed by the home made strawberry jam.  Thank you, Raymond Blanc.  I hope RobM's daughter had more success.

She seems to be enjoying them and they looked edible.  Not a fan of banana myself so went for the ready made shop bought ones.

Made some delicious vegan pancakes yesterday (I know it kind of misses the point if you're not using up stuff you're giving up for Lent but whatever), and went classic with sugar and lemon... then headed to the atherstone ball game, which was an experience to say the least.

11 minutes ago, sigsegv said:

Made some delicious vegan pancakes yesterday (I know it kind of misses the point if you're not using up stuff you're giving up for Lent but whatever), and went classic with sugar and lemon... then headed to the atherstone ball game, which was an experience to say the least.

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

Yep that was the one! Prior to the last 30 minutes though (which is when the rules go down to the barest minimum of what can be considered 'rules'), it was genuinely genial and fun. Like I said, an existing. Next year I hope to visit the Ashbourne game

17 minutes ago, sigsegv said:

Yep that was the one! Prior to the last 30 minutes though (which is when the rules go down to the barest minimum of what can be considered 'rules'), it was genuinely genial and fun. Like I said, an existing. Next year I hope to visit the Ashbourne game

Were folk that desperate to get in the bookies? Utter madness.