Floating Restaurant Sunk

Ken X

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Perhaps they would consider doing a fish dish for those who like eating at an angle.

No need to eat at an  angle...

...it shouldn't be long before the other end sinks to put it more or less back on the level.

It could be one of those restaurants where you can choose your own fish.  Except not from a tank, but simply by pointing at it as it swims by your feet.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

No need to eat at an  angle...

...it shouldn't be long before the other end sinks to put it more or less back on the level.

I was assuming (always dangerous!) that it's hit the bottom of the lake in that photo, so won't sink any further.

Love the fact it’s referred as a converted paddle steamer in some reports….when it’s welded box made vaguely to resemble a paddle steamer if you squint a bit. 

I think it’s been in place since the late 80’s with no way of painting the “hull” 

2 hours ago, frangar said:

Love the fact it’s referred as a converted paddle steamer in some reports….when it’s welded box made vaguely to resemble a paddle steamer if you squint a bit. 

I think it’s been in place since the late 80’s with no way of painting the “hull” 

Hmmm this rhymes with my own experience. I once bought a bote that was known to have not been docked and blacked for 30 years. When I docked it, you'd have been hard pressed to tell the difference with one docked three years ago. 

M&B (owner of paddle boat thing) suffered with all the covid nonsense. Maybe this event is an indicator of more trouble generally.

Wetherspoons haven't been doing all that well either

568027215_Screenshot2022-12-23at22-50-01Stock.png.f29d17264d54de35cffab39d8d66099a.png

Not sure if Wetherspoons have any boats but the graph is a bit similar

344483163_Screenshot2022-12-23at22-54-03Stock.png.9baca9ae0824dab15d80b22c6374d1fb.png

Edited by magnetman