Winter, coming soon, stock up.

matty40s

Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, peterboat said:

I am used to roughing it a bit also I would complain to the restaurant and not on here!

You're missing the point, the "complaint" post was probably in response to your not-entirely-unexpected and blinkered defence of 'spoons... 😞

Edited by IanD

6 minutes ago, peterboat said:

I am used to roughing it a bit also I would complain to the restaurant and not on here!

Still missing the point, which is a business plying its trade as a restaurant should not need to be complained to about cold food that is supposed to be hot! Even if it is cheap which seems to be important to boaters.

10 minutes ago, MtB said:

Still missing the point, which is a business plying its trade as a restaurant should not need to be complained to about cold food that is supposed to be hot! Even if it is cheap which seems to be important to boaters.

Cheap hot food, great. Cheap cold food, not great. Unless it's a salad. Or if you're posh, gazpacho or vichyssoise... 😉

Edited by IanD

3 minutes ago, IanD said:

Cheap hot food, great. Cheap cold food, not great. Unless it's a salad. Or if you're posh, gazpacho or vichyssoise... 😉

One of the ways to serve cheap, hot food and still make a profit is of course, to forget to heat it up. Wins all round (if you're Peter)! 

Vichyssoise... isn't that some sort of shampoo?

4 minutes ago, MtB said:

One of the ways to serve cheap, hot food and still make a profit is of course, to forget to heat it up. Wins all round (if you're Peter)! 

Only if you annoy the waitress and she tips it over your head... 😉

(or waiter, or non-gendered food serving person...)

1 hour ago, peterboat said:

I complained n the website, so called customer services who indicated they don't want to know.

I could not complain as I was a guest. What good would it do. If the manager is happy to send out plates of cold food, what is the point of complaining to him or her?

The only option is to take the temperature of the food, I don't carry a thermometer, take a photo and one of the menu, then complain to local authority. Do you really  think they would do anything?

It was about £30 for two people, cost of materials about £2.50

Edited by LadyG

2 hours ago, IanD said:

It was not particularly cheap, anyway there is no excuse, MacD serve up good hot food, it's cheap but good value, and they rely on repeat business.

2 hours ago, MtB said:

Or hot soup and a cold roll. Just to please everyone 🤪

When i go back to Bristol  to see my dad i always take him to the nearest pub which happens to be a spoons, never had a bad meal there in the last 15 years, beer is always good and plenty of choice, speak as you find i guess.

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, LadyG said:

It was not particularly cheap, anyway there is no excuse, MacD serve up good hot food, it's cheap but good value, and they rely on repeat business.

You have odd standards.

McDonald's is no better than Spoons in any way shape or form!